Suggestions towards the Nony Ban Thread

Eveleivibe

Ex-Bluelighter
Hiya,

Please don't Infract me for this. I thought I would try and make some suggestions that may help with the Nony thread. If staff feel this thread inappropriate please feel free to close it as I don't want any trouble just wish to possibly try and help Bluelight.

Is there not a way that if someone wants to discuss something publicly during a ban, could they not be given some sort of code when banned? Something they could type here if they wanted to discuss their Infraction and once staff felt that convo was finished block the code somehow? If you were able to do something like that, then it may stop a lot of unnecessary abusive posts and spamming, which isn't fair on staff. I'm aware that I've participated on this thread but personally I'd rather discuss my ban by E-mail and next time I'm banned that's what I'll be doing, as I don't feel I'm able to discuss my ban without others members abusing me - I'm not sure if others' feel the same (I won't illustrate examples, just refer to the UA posts).

Personally, and I apologise if this offends anyone, I don't think this thread is working. It just leads to troublemakers spamming, being abusive, which I've been at the receipt of a few times, and of course nothing can be done as it's anonymous. I feel that, as a member of Bluelight, if staff wish to keep this thread something needs to be done to stop it continually being abused - as it's ruining it for people who genuinely need this thread (and I apologise but doing my head in, which I see idiots spam it constantly and waste staff' time that could be spent elsewhere...) It's not nice seeing staff abused for no reason when they're good, thoughtful people - just doing their jobs to try and keep the site running smoothly.

The other suggestion is, what I've put elsewhere, could during a temporary and permanent ban, a members' IP address not be blocked or somehow prevented from viewing the site? This would stop trouble. I'm aware that people can change IPs and all that but it would make things slightly difficult and stop others from being harassed. Personally I know of one perma-banned member who made an alt account to watch me and there's nothing whatsoever I can do about it. If banned members were not able to see Bluelight - or their IP addresses blocked, there would be no way they could do this (unless they knew how to change IP addresses and I think only a few know how to do that, I certainly don't).

To be honest, is there any point in the Nony Ban Thread? Why can we not just go back to E-mailing the staff if we want to discuss our Infractions? To me, it just seems like a way for others to nose about people's bans, abuse the site taking up staff's time and be disruptive. Please try not to be offended at me creating this thread, I've been thinking for at least a month about this now - and I was going to E-mail Bluelight my feedback, but as many others are giving their feedback and offering suggestions, I felt it would be a good idea for others to feed in their thoughts too over it, so that staff can have an overall feel, rather than it all scattered over Bluelight.

Would appreciate any thoughts from others, please can we keep it civil and drama-free, as I'm hoping for this thread to general a civilised discussion and not have to be closed. I love Bluelight very much and I feel that staff do an excellent of running the place here. There are good moderators, who are fair and I feel privileged to be a part of this community (I've added this as Bluelight deserves to hear positive things from their members too)! <3

Regards

Evey

People can always contact the admin via email if they want to discuss their ban.

The other suggestion is, what I've put elsewhere, could during a temporary and permanent ban, a members' IP address not be blocked or somehow prevented from viewing the site? This would stop trouble.

Considering people trolling the anon thread use TOR and proxies already, banning their IP is going to be totally ineffective at actually stemming the problem while inflicting collateral damage on everyone else who uses TOR to protect themselves.

To be honest, is there any point in the Nony Ban Thread? Why can we not just go back to E-mailing the staff if we want to discuss our Infractions?

The anonymous ban thread is meant for civil discussion of bans. If people want to ruin it by being morons then that's their own call, closing the whole thread is overkill and they'd just move to other venues to spam. Admin and mods remove offensive posts from the anon forum as fast as they can but the fact of the matter is, if someone wants to spend 24 hours of their day being a prick on a web forum, they'll have the upper hand.

could not have said it better myself.

alasdair

Thanks for your comments. Sekio that makes a lot of sense what you said.

Evey