• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

An experienced users guide through kratom withdrawl

I found the RLS and some ache in arms plus slight irritability to be too much to be able to sleep.

I didnt handle the first day, after taking 6 grams of pretty weak commercial grade red bali i went to sleep only to wake up at 4 am unable to sleep. So i redosed and half hour later slept.I regularly take maeng da of green variety for aches and pains and mood elevation,but wanted to lower tolerance so i changed strains. So far instead of regular 3 times a day maeng da (half teaspoon), now 5 times a day of red bali of dubious quality, not going to stop since its aggravating for my demanding life not to sleep.

Hopefully this info helps. I'm starting day two, and I don't have any worsing affects or anything noticeable, I actually feel happier and more empathetic. I don't know what the rest of day two carries but it does not seem too bad so far I'll make sure I update the info inn my main post later in the evening. As far as your withdrawal goes. You should fight it and not let it control you. It only gets harder the longer you suppress it. I'm not here to give advice or help anyone. Just to give a story so other people can relate If they go through it. I wish you luck. Also thanks for posting.:)

hey man. ime acute wd lasted two days and post acute wd lasts one week. very mild in my opinion. lethargic, runny nose, insomnia. but i cosider it mild because i have experienced full blown heroin wd cold turkey when i quit 5 years ago. i wish u well and i hope your detox will be mild as well!

Hello. I've been using Kratom daily for the last 5 weeks.
Typically 4g doses (commercial powder), 2 times a day, occasionally 3.
During this 5 week period;
I have consumed some Oxy on occasion along with the Kratom, a few times.
I have also consumed a few extracts, also a few times.
Over the past few days I have abruptly cut out one of my daily doses, as a taper method. I now dose 4-5g, 1 time a day.
Between my daily doses 20-24 hours pass. During these passing hours I have identified 3 apparent WD symptoms:
1) RLS - More prominent during sleep hours, and often present during daytime. RLS more so affects my upper body as opposed to the more common leg problem.
2) Disrupted sleep; difficulty staying asleep, vivid dreams.
3) Significant spinal pain; which often affects my range of motion.
I have a wife, two children and work a physically intense job (you know the guys who deliver in brown trucks?).
Because of my daily responsibilities, it is difficult for me to allow myself into withdrawal, although I would like to quit.
I have heard such varying Kratom WD stories, it's hard to say how one would be affected after cession of use.
I hear Phenibut (which interacts on the brain's GABBA receptors) helps greatly with Kratom WD's. Although I'm not sure how effective Phenibut would be for me, because I am medically prescribed a daily Benzo.
Unfortunately, there seems to be a Phenibut, Benzo cross tolerance.

@OP:

Have you not experienced difficulty sleeping or restlessness?

Been doing Kratom regularly at HIGH doses (up to 15g at one point 3x daily.) Now I'm down to 5g in the morning and 4g three more times at 12, 5, and 10. Nose running, sweating profusely (why did I pick July to do this?) and over the top depression. I can barely get out of bed for work and feel like I hate my life. I know it's the withdrawal - I see other people going through it on here. I had a scary Maend da experience where I felt like I was totally speeding instead of just uplifted, so I decided it was time to stop. The sweating is really horrible.