• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids dilaudid during fentanyl withdraw

olypen

Bluelighter
Ok this will be done, so please while i understand the logic please dont lecture. Day 5 off a pretty nasty fent habit. 3 months of smoking 1-2 100mcg patches a day while also wearing one to keep WD at a minimum when waking up. Whoever said smoking fent is the crack of opiates is right!

Most of the physical withdrawal symptoms are over, thankfully kratom, soma, restoril, valium and klonopin were all readily available and made what could have been truly horrific only majorly terrible.

So 48 mg of dilaudid fell out of the sky and weakness will win. 16mg could be booted at once before the fent spree with a nice rush but not really any better than 8 or 12. Tried 16 in the middle of fent spree and it had zero rush. I mean nothing. felt like a waste.

so the questions, in the name of harm reduction, if after 5 days you think 16 is enough to get that lovely dillie rush? Avoiding wasting them this time is the goal. Three MG of klonopin, a favorite benzo potentiator, were ingested orally. considering two 24mg IV doses with the klonopin already well underway.

this is a one time deal, d/t availability or either more dillies or patches for the foreseeable future.

Second question is whether this one day slip up will result in full blown day 1 WD?

thanks for any input, but remember the commitment is there so advice and not lectures. The risks are known.

thanks for any input.

Last edited:
Yes. Five days without any opiates will definitely allow for a dilaudid rush. I believe that rush is produced by the speed in which the brain receives the HM. I've always assumed that the reason I've never felt a rush is because my receptors are already saturated with opiates. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though

im just contemplating doseage.. with the 3 mg of k-pin, 16 or 24? More? that lovely rush is all that's desired. A little more history regarding tolerance is that 6 months ago i had been doing a gram or two of good tar a day for a year. Took a 3 month break before getting mixed up with the fent. It didnt really feel like my tolerance dropped at all in those three months. I've been an off and on heavy opiate user for years and noticed the fent REALLY skyrocketed my tolerance.

I know that no one can really give me a safe answer, and i accept that. I' more just looking for opinions from people who've been through it in the interest of harm reduction.

Last edited:
Bro, I completely understand. Fentanyl destroyed my ability to enjoy lesser tier opiates. Regarding dosage, keep it at 12-16mg. Anymore dilly than that is a waste. I'd also be careful about mixing benzos with opiates.

Bro, I completely understand. Fentanyl destroyed my ability to enjoy lesser tier opiates. Regarding dosage, keep it at 12-16mg. Anymore dilly than that is a waste. I'd also be careful about mixing benzos with opiates.

thanks for the advice. It was followed and the desired effect was achieved. It wasnt one of the almost 'painful' rushes if you know what i mean, which i think might have been achieved at 20... or maybe it would have been a waste.. no way to know. Some however enjoy that sort of pain :) These were purdue instead of the standard mali that fall from the sky around here and i've heard they're better. Certainly less sludge.

I will also say that opiates and Benzos are a very dangerous combo. However, some people, regardless of addiction/tolerance state gets very excited/ manic from opiates. After surgery, when 4mg of D was administered every 2 hours IV push, upon discharge the surgeon came in and said without asking said "For discharge meds i'm going to add 10mg of valium to the pain pills and antibiotic" ... who would argue with that? Some are also old enough to remember the 160mg OC's before they were pulled. Those little beauties were wonderful mixed with 4 m of klonopin.

For some the ONLY way to catch a nod is to add a benzo or stay awake for two or three day from constant use. I'm not sure how common the medical side effect of "excitability" really is, but i know for some it can be extreme. Prep for that surgery allowed for 150mcg of IV fent and an unknown quantity of versed. I know the versed wasn't enough because i got really excited and talkative.. asking all sorts of questions. I'm sure i was annoying because they couldn't wait to get the propofol in me. plus i remember the whole thing, until they touched the propofol plunger... at that point all went dark.. It makes me scared for a colonoscopy because i know the fent/versed combo is standard and is supposed to make you forget the whole thing....

As far as the relapse affecting the fent WD a follow up will come. Maybe anecdotal experience will help someone who also has the same question. A satisfactory answer to the question wasn't found by me. Other times in WD, relapse wasn't a one day thing, it started another serious run. That isnt an option this time... thank god.