• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Taking adderal advice?

trippy_kitty

Greenlighter
My Doctor put me on adderal yesterday believing I have ADD, now I know adderal gets my friends high, I want to know if its helping me or if I really don t have ADD.. Im on 5mg and I don t feel much different just more focused and a bit more motivated and clearer thinking, but other than that I feel pretty normal and not high at all, maybe a lil more energetic but not much. :? also for people who are taking adderal and it works for them, is it fine to smoke weed while taking it, like I know it's fine but does it act the same or what?

Being ADHD simply means your prefrontal cortex has less concentration of Norepinephrine. Taking Adderall stimulates the release of it, and inhibits the re-uptake.

I'm ADHD, and need more than my friends to feel "high" ... I often take as much as 90mg XR in a single dose.

5MG is a very small dose. A recreational dose is closer to 20MG-30MG IR for a relatively inexperienced user. If you are planning to use Adderall therapeutically I wouldn't advise jumping into recreation for obvious reasons.

Add or adhd is not a disease. There is no biological test to detect it in bodily fluids or on a mri scan or under a microscope. In this fast paced western lifestyle where not a lot of thought is given to developing spirituality, consciousness, community based interaction focused on society helping to bring up and nurture a child, we see a lot of problems that you might not see in other eastern more 'backwards' cultures. Often kids are having kids, many times parents are not around to spend time with their kids because they're busting ass trying to make a more prosperous life. Well, we are all different. Different race, height, weight, frame, build, birth marks, personality... some of us can enjoy doing things that would drive others crazy but everyone hass a role to play from doctor to garbage man who picks up your trash. what would happen if all the garbage wasn't picked up for 3 weeks?

The point is we'll never fit into cookie cutter designations (unless we allow ourselves to be forced into them which is a adifferent story). Although some people have more typical conventional common sense modes of thinking than the contrary, if indeed you have "adhd" then you've surely developed amazing creative ways to think outside the box figure things out and get stuff accomplished. It's human nature. Where there's a necessity your brain will adapt. There's no alternative. Sometimes I am watching TV and commercials come on for all types of pharmaceuticals and I find myself in a trance of sorts. Tear drops for people with dry eyes... skin roughness call it psoriasis... bad stomach digestion issues.. make up a different name call it crohns or irritable bowel syndorme...

And I wonder to myself there's no way this stuff is in any way shapre or form critical. Diabetes, yes. High blood pressure, okay. But even those medications often solve problems of our own making. It's like sedentary comfortable lifestyle produces some of these problems to begin or focuses more attention on minor problems that ARE NOT BIG DEAL in grand scheme of things.

If a person is poor but content, they're alright with their conditions and unaware of certain deprivations associated with self-made problems. For example, leave a basket on someone's porch with 99 gold coins and they have the "99 problem." They'll go nuts trying to find 100th coin because now they're missing one... some will go seek out prescription for new stress induced by this and will gladly accept diagnosis of obsessive compulsive disorder etc etc

Everyone has a problem at some point of one nature or another... the problem with making up disorders that have no concrete basis in existence and are just manifestations of more colorful personalities is the poor sucker will try and change themselves thinking something is wrong with him/her, or they'll think the medicine will solve all these problems which can be traced to the person's innate defect. That's fine. But add med will improve your function only as long as you take it. Improve in a very narrow context while on the drug. Once you're off you withdraw and experience rebound effects so there's always a balance. You get more accomplished but you are more run down. You can be more driven but you start taking small things too serious... you used to be able to look back on memories and reminisce, now it's all a context dependent recall and learning that's associated with blood levels of dopamine and adrenaline. You can't eat, can't sleep, can't fuck, wait... this is supposed to be something you take every day for a long long time to live better - then why am I living worse? It's a fact.

add/adhd is a little less than normal 'working memory.' It's probably a little bit better ability than normal to think about concepts let's call it 'flexibility.' so flip sides of the same coin. Balance.

Weed absolutely kills working memory - the aspect adderall and dexedrine transiently improve. they do not go well for rec purposes either.

Having ADHD won't stop you from getting wired from it if you take a ton of them

I've been prescribed Adderall/Dexedrine for ADD, and I never took more than 15mg, and I would sometimes fall asleep on them. I got effects at 5, 10, or 15mg orally that most people get at higher doses but I think I'm just sensitive to stimulants since I have friends who can drink 6-12 cups of coffee in a day and not get jittery and can easily fall asleep if they drink some in the evening and more than 1 cup of coffee keeps me awake and makes me wired.

If you're taking Adderall or dexedrine for ADD/ADHD don't abuse it or take a moderate or high dose. You should be OK with smoking herb on it; but when I was prescribed it I was in school, and would just smoke herb once or twice a month at the most when I wasn't busy with classes, or even go months or most of the school year without smoking when I was very busy with school and work.