Recruiting Documentary on Boston chems! (Drugs, inc.)

DIB7

Greenlighter
Hi there,

My name is Oonagh, I’m a producer for a National Geographic documentary series that takes a deep and intimate look at the world of drugs. I’m making an episode about the drugs scene in Boston, main focus likely to be party drugs and weed in and around the city. Obviously Bostons a big student town so I'm guessing there's a lot of drug fueled fun to be had in the city.

At this stage I'm really just looking to chat to people and learn about the scene. We're gonna be out there for Marathon Monday / World Weed day which I hear is a big party day and I'm guessing the drugs of choice are party drugs and weed.

I've got it in mind that with all these brainy college chemists knocking around there must be some clever young chemists banging out new synthetic chems. I'd love to meet/chat to that person. The Harvard chemist genius creating new chems for the recreational scene!

I'd be curious to hear from people who know anything about snorting recreational heroin; using it, selling it or making it, I've heard that's becoming popular over in the states for partying.

I’m posting on the forum as I’d like to hear from anyone who can help me with my research. Please do get in touch, probably best to just email me personally.

Anything we talk about is confidential and talking to me does not at all mean anything will go on air. I've been working with sensitive subjects for a long time and the key to my work is respecting the privacy and identity of the people I talk to.

Eventually I will be looking for people to go in the film but that's a way off yet. I will also be looking for a field producer to help me set up characters, which is a legit job with credits, it just requires a person who knows the scene inside out.

To learn more about Drugs Inc please visit our home page at:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...nel/drugs-inc/

Thanks very much for your time guys and gals.

Oonagh

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL. wow. Okay, well, first off if you're looking to talk to people about recreational heroin usage you are posting in the wrong thread.

Iv'e always thought alot of that stuff on drugs inc. is fake. I mean, there are the idiots injecting and doing drugs that will go on there and dont care, but when it comes to the big shots who claim to be running their town and getting rid of kilos a week theres no way they are going to broadcast that to the world no matter how much they change their voice and scribble out their face.

Is there such a thing as recreational herion use??
People aren't thinking opiates as party drugs you should try looking at idk maybe alcohol, stims, and mdma. Pretty sure those are more group activities while getting faded is lonely and depressing.

Thread re-approved. I have hidden a few replies on this thread as it appears DIB7's request is legit so if anyone feels like they have something valuable to add to a Drugs, inc. episode in Boston, please contact her

Moving this from MED >> Drug Studies

Note: this is obviously not a university/research study, but I'm keeping it here for now. Though I think Oonagh will need to do more local work to get acquainted with the particular scenes he is trying to investigate and won't have a lot of luck using a forum post to access them.

I'm from Mass. and love the show "Drugs Inc." I'm slightly confused because the "Drugs Inc." episode "Boston Benzo Buzz" was just released not that long ago so I'm not sure why another episode would be about Boston so quickly. Anyway, I'm a recovering heroin addict and open to answering any questions. Feel free to send me a private message if you want to talk.

the "Drugs Inc." episode "Boston Benzo Buzz" was just released not that long ago so I'm not sure why another episode would be about Boston so quickly.

dude i was just about to say that... it just came out within the last 4-5 months... it was def on the newest season... and they went to columbus, ohio and did one on dope too...

unless theres a british drugs inc and an american drugs inc... kinda like locked up abroad and banged up abroad... im assuming shes in england since theres a .uk at the end of her email and shes more focused on party drugs instead of dope...

coming out to Boston for the party drugs, eh!?

I guess the 1 Drugs, INC about dope/benzo's was enough. pretty sure was "benzo buzz" or something like that.

the party scene sure has changed in Boston over the years but there are still plenty of college folk out there who take their fair share of "party" drugs as well as smoke weed, which is a given in any state.