• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin how can i minimize the scars from my drug use

Strange that you have not yet built a tolerance to this side effect. It usually affects novices or addicts that are returning after a long break. One time I got the itches so bad I had to go to the doctor for a corticosteroid Rx. That's obviously not a long-term solution though.

I dunno how much you're wanting to spend but apparently mederma works well for scars. I have friends who have used it for various marks and stuff, not necessarily for tracks, but I don't see why it wouldn't. It's more of a long-term solution and will take time to work, but everyone I've known who's used it swears by it.

There's also makeup meant specifically meant to cover up scars and tattoos (Dermablend?) but again not super cheap and you could probably get a similar effect with less money. The purpose made stuff is like house paint, though.

Not looking to spend a whole lot since im just gonna shoot up and get itchy again..

If it's too much it's too much, but based on all you've said here I'd still recommend Dermablend. That is what it's called. It just seems like if you're not going to do anything to help the itching and subsequent scratching because you like it, then your best bet is to just try and cover it up. I used Dermablend for a while on non-drug related scars for the same reason; they drew too much attention during job interviews and other important events when I was wearing clothes that allowed them to be visible. If you're not planning on using it every day then a bottle will last a long time and isn't ridiculously overpriced or anything. TBF if you can afford a heroin habit you can afford that, if it's worth it to you. It's really not the same as some drug-store stuff, and since it's meant to cover tattoos as well, it covers scars pretty easily. I dunno. That's what I would do (and have done). Not like I have some personal investment in the company or anything so I don't really care, I can just tell you from experience that if you're going to try covering them up with make-up, that's probably the most effective option.

It's not the right option for everyone, but it works well if you run out of others.

Check out tattoo creams, for healing tattoos. Tattoos are thousands of needle marks. Just put it on before bed and it'll prevent scaring and make scars fade. Any cream with vitamin E will help.

I usually just put antibiotic ointment on my tattoos would that work?

Well guys just decided im gonna go head and try to get off it again. Every bit of heroin i had i just got rid of. Hopefully just gonna have these scars heal naturally

Strange that you have not yet built a tolerance to this side effect. It usually affects novices or addicts that are returning after a long break. One time I got the itches so bad I had to go to the doctor for a corticosteroid Rx. That's obviously not a long-term solution though.
This is true. The itches, the nausea, and all the little side effects tend to fade once you're tolerated.

Gave up on the whole sober thing today cant deal with the withdrawal. But would the tolerance and itchyness relastionship be true if u kept using more and more?