• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Not sure why but 6grams Phenibut HCL gave me ZERO to nothing... help please

ThePredecessor

Bluelighter
Here's my backround: I have been 4 months clean of all drugs/alcohol except for my doctors prescription medicines. I currently take 20mg lexipro and 600mg gabapentin three times daily and mertazapine 10mg. Ok so today I decided to try Phenibut for the first time since I enjoy the "high" that the gabapentin gives me and I assumed they were going to be similar... So at 9am I drank 2grams of phenibut mixed in water. I read that the effects can take up to 4 hours so I wait until 4.5 hours later and I notice little to zero effects ... so I try 1gram via rectum... seriously I plugged phenibut :p ... 2 hours after that and still no real results to be noted so I plugg another 2 grams ... So a total of 6 grams throught the entire day and still nothing note worthy. I'm typing this over 13 hours past the first administration and can't seem to understand what happened... What could be the cause? I'm thinking the gabapentin has somehow made my tolerance to GABA insanely high even though literature states otherwise... About 2-3 times a week I take 4,200mg of gabapentin to feel pretty good. The last time I took that amount was yesterday.

also would this be a bad compound to mix with my gabapentin?
also to note: Ive been taking the gabapentin like this for over 3 years.... my tolerance has barely increased throughout that entire period.

Please please please anyone

There is definitely cross tolerance between gabapentin and phenibut and for that matter, baclofen as well.

Having any kind of tolerance to gabapentin could render phenibut useless and vice versa.

The mechanism behind these drugs is a lot more mysterious than other GABA agonists like benzodizepines or alcohol. Tolerance develops much more rapidly than the latter substances. Gabapentin, I've found, is practically useless after 3 days of consecutive dosing. Baclofen, they say, is much less tolerance-inducing. I've only taken Baclofen a few times and am experiencing first hand the cross-tolerance issues that we've been discussing.

Baclofen could be a solid alternative to Gabapentin. It's in early trials of treatment for alcohol/substance dependence and a learned and understanding MD will probably write you for some of it.

It's probably the gabapentin. Phenibut was my wonder drug for two years until I started taking Pregabalin.

There is such thing as 'non-responders' with Phenibut - some people 'get it', some people don't. Sorry OP but it sounds like you are one of the former. I'm sorry because it was such a wonderful experience in my life that I would not trade for anything. That is, until it stopped working completely :\

^haha, it seems like everyone's phenibut use follows a similar track. I've used it but never for long periods of time (I didn't have access. if I had bought a container larger than the "sample" size I'd probably still be compulsively dosing it). For a lot of people it's just "magical" until it stops working and the withdrawals are apparently quite wicked. This is why all drugs should be legalized. Maybe then we could stop abusing these obscure, fucked up chemicals that ultimately cause more damage than street drugs.

Yeah it's one drug I wish I hadn't abused as it was literally a wonder-drug if such a thing ever existed. I made more friends & got more accomplished in 6 months than I had in the past 6 years and these friendships & successes still last to this day. The week of pure hellish withdrawal was 100% worth it.

I wrote about my experience if one cares to read it

would the gabapentin and phenibut be a deadly combo together? I was considering doing 2 grams of phenibut and my ususal dose of 4200 mg gabapentin in the next few days... any thoughts

glad I only ordered 30 caps,ive had bad problems with gaba drugs,at one point I had to eat 18mg of alprazolam at once....loved Xanax,now 2mg will have me hungover and depressed the next day,kinda sad really

anyway

I think that you'd be better off not mixing the two substances together. The effects will be more unpredictable and the cross tolerance between the two could render them both useless. Phenibut is generally a stronger, faster hit that Gabapentin. Basically, you will go through the phenibut and the Gabapentin will do nothing more than stave off discomfort and withdrawal from the phenibut if you're dosing chronically.

Last edited:
odd thing is that I can do 4200mg of gabapentin back to back days and still have decent effects but it's when I did phenibut which is a different compound the day after I took gabapentin I had little to zero results (6grams)... ill just wait a few days and try the phenibut again (6 grams oral on empty stomach).... I think the long term use of gabapentin at that dose has made my tolerance for anything gaba high... except alcohol.

Maybe you got shit Phenibut?

I remember getting these capsules at I was able to take maybe 5 or more grams in a day, doing that for several days just because the effect was so insignificant.

Then months later I got some purer phenibut powder and 3 grams was way more potent then the suspected higher doses in those capsules.

Maybe you got shit Phenibut?

I remember getting these capsules at I was able to take maybe 5 or more grams in a day, doing that for several days just because the effect was so insignificant.

Then months later I got some purer phenibut powder and 3 grams was way more potent then the suspected higher doses in those capsules.

was thinking the same but its from a reputable company that has lab results from a 3rd party company at 99.3% and 99.7% for the most recent batch"s"

I never had any trouble with phenibut and escitalopram. The two played well together. But as soon as lyrica and before that, Gabapentin, came into play, the phenibut stopped working. I buy the Liftmode stuff, which is reputed to be hight quality.

Ok wow 3grams plugged phenibut 3 hours after taking 4200mg of gabapentin stagged dosed 300 mg every 25 minutes with hot sauce, alieve, and Mountain Dew is the most amazing feeling ever. This is bliss.