• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

dextroamphetamine in relation to amphetamine

emkee_reinvented

Bluelighter
with an prescription for dex-amphetamine at hand for so many years finally I decided to abuse it, so to speak.

Did the extraction on 23 5mg tabs hoping for a 100mg minimal total with an 15 mg lost in proces. And as I have dabbled into street speed when I was young, not enough imo. I have felt what powerful euphoria intranasal (most probably) racemic amphetamine can give. Especially regarding the ammount of time 1 gram could last you and and a friend. Must have been pretty good stuff, but that's just guessing.

Anyway what was left after letting the extraxt evaporate the alcohol was nassaly inserted.
And what refused to leave the drying device was disolved and plugged. But the results were not even close to what I remember of the effects that street speed brought on. Weird enough if I take it oral,dexampetamine, and go excesive like tripple my dose to 9 5 mg it is noticeable. It is although nowhere near as compulsive as snorting speed though, I have never taken that second triple or double dose.

But I was expecting the experiment to have yeilded something as I was way above my usual dosages. The extraction with 96% alcohol is pretty straightforward.

So what is the deal is it that dextroamphetamine has almost no euporia especially when trying to be abused nasaly or analy. (leaving the Iv part out of it) And is that the reason there is adderal in the states but no dl-amphetamine to be found. The euphoria factor of the l-part?

Can't say I have ever had a euphoric effect from Adderall. Any little spike of euphoria I might have felt was instantly overpowered by anxiety. I've plugged, snorted and swallowed it. I think my highest dose was 50 or 60 mg oral, and I remember that making my vision sharp and gave my high blood-pressure, but that was it. I, too have wondered about this. I've also noticed very different effects between the IR tablets and the crushed XR beads. The XR beads seemed to have a real profound effect, where me and 3 friends crushed up one 20mg XR and swallowed 1/3 each and the resulting effect was a freaking awesome power-walk/hike in the middle of the night (which was already planned prior to the Adderall), which could have been "euphoric" but nothing I couldn't easily attribute to simply having a good time. We hoofed 10 miles like it was ice skating. One other time I swallowed a whole 20mg XR and literally had one, long, entire day of anxiety. It was AWFUL. I've necked handfuls of the little blue IR's, and have yet to notice a real effect. I wonder why this is.

I've been experimenting with prolintane lately, and that has FAR more of an effect I would assume street speed to be like. Blows Adderall out of the water, shoots it out of the sky with a laser so it falls back into the water and then blows it out of the water again.

Perhaps what you had when you were younger was methamphetamine? Or perhaps even MDMA? Cathinone? When something is regarded as "street speed" I'm hard pressed to believe it simply is purely racemic amphetamine.

Last edited:
I've been experimenting with prolintane lately, and that has FAR more of an effect I would assume street speed to be like. Blows Adderall out of the water, shoots it out of the sky with a laser so it falls back into the water and then blows it out of the water again.

Perhaps what you had when you were younger was methamphetamine? Or perhaps even MDMA? Cathinone? When something is regarded as "street speed" I'm hard pressed to believe it simply is purely racemic amphetamine.

Whatever purity levels it had I am pretty sure it was just dl-amphetamine (I know the feeling), this is an well established fact of the speed available here.
Methamphetamine is rare, mdma is to expensive to be sold as (besides the effects are not even close to it) and cathinones feel way different.

My tolerance could be a factor but it seems like the kick of insuflattion just isn't there. Which is good for a medication makes it less abuseable.
Did get effects from nasal pentedrone akin a little to what I mean street speed would do. Compulsive dosing some and some minor euphoria.
Although the effects don't have to much in common, pentedrone behaves just like you would expect from a cathinone useless stimulation.

Well I am glad it worked out like this as I am not tempted to repeat this experiment, like I said good med.
Very unlike methylphenidate which can be snorted and probably plugged for recreative purposes imo. That is if you can stand it :) I can't.

Still can't shake the thought that that levo part does something unwanted medically, creating euphoria. But more desireable for the user, especially when recreative effects are desired. But it could be the habituation after years of adhd meds that's made me loose the so called magic with amps. Which also seems to come with an exponentional rise of side effects like mentioned by Seatle_Stranger.

The tolerance part I am doubting Sekio, as I more then doubled the maximum ammount I have ever taken orally. Still nothing remotely euphoric but defenitely lots of anxiety and some sweating.

Amphetamine, like a lot of molecules is "chiral", meaning it has two "sides", although some molecules have more isomers. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is ephedrine.

Like methamphetamine, only the dextroratory isomer is active in appreciable amounts on the Central Nervous System. The Levoratory isomers of both act essentially as Peripheral Nervous System stimulants. CNS essentially meaning, the psychological effects of the drug, PNS accounting for the mostly unwanted side effects including tremor, palpitation, tachychardia, tics, perspiration, etc.

Adderall is a mixture of both "sides" of the amphetamine molecule. I believe the ratio is either 75/25 or 66/33 dextro/levo. What this means, is that dextroamphetamine on its own will produce stronger feelings of motivation, ambition, increased cognition etc. with less of the annoying side-effects of adderall (including less of a hangover due to lessened stress on your body through PNS excitement). Although some people swear by Adderall and prefer it over Dextroamphetamine, I am not of this school of thought at all.

Amphetamine, like a lot of molecules is "chiral", meaning it has two "sides", although some molecules have more isomers. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is ephedrine.

Like methamphetamine, only the dextroratory isomer is active in appreciable amounts on the Central Nervous System. The Levoratory isomers of both act essentially as Peripheral Nervous System stimulants. CNS essentially meaning, the psychological effects of the drug, PNS accounting for the mostly unwanted side effects including tremor, palpitation, tachychardia, tics, perspiration, etc.

Adderall is a mixture of both "sides" of the amphetamine molecule. I believe the ratio is either 75/25 or 66/33 dextro/levo. What this means, is that dextroamphetamine on its own will produce stronger feelings of motivation, ambition, increased cognition etc. with less of the annoying side-effects of adderall (including less of a hangover due to lessened stress on your body through PNS excitement). Although some people swear by Adderall and prefer it over Dextroamphetamine, I am not of this school of thought at all.

Can you back this with some proof Keif as I was under the impression that unlike methamphetamine the l-isomer of amphetamine is active on it's own on the CNS and not just the PNS. I am basing this not solely on my experiences with racemic street amp (for simplicity lets assume this is what I had), but also according to this "Comparing the relative potencies of d- and l-amphetamine, Heikkila et al. (1975) and Easton et al. (2007) reported that the d-isomer was approximately fourfold more potent than the l-isomer as a releaser of [3H]dopamine. In contrast, l-amphetamine was either as potent, or more so, than d-amphetamine as a releaser of [3H]noradrenaline (Easton et al., 2007; Heikkila et al., 1975)." http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3666194/

My experiences with speed (dl-amp) are that it is way more speedy (hence the name) as dex, and more euphoric. It also doesn't seem to have a equal ceiling, or just isn't as self limiting and is very moreing, I will never take as much dex as I would take racemic, not only for the lack of true euphoria but also because d-amphetamine is not devoid of annoying PNS effects itself.

Some, not all, of this could be accounted for by the fact that after my exp with speed I have been using adhd meds long term. And offcourse could be me actually maturing, although this seems very debateable :)

^I apologize, after rereading my post I realized that I left my explanation a little too vague.

It's not that levoamphetamine has no effect on the central nervous system. It's that it's effects are much less so than with dextroamphetamine and to take an equivalent CNS inducing dose of levoamphetamine would excite your peripheral nervous system to the point of being almost unbearable.

I base the majority of my comments on my own empirical experiences with these substances and to a much lesser degree, on my independent research of articles, encyclopedias and forums. I'm certainly not a doctor, so if I have erred in my statements, please don't take it to heart. I am 100% open to being criticized and corrected. I guess you could say from a philosophical standpoint, the reason I am on bluelight is to be proved wrong/right and learn from my mistakes.

No need to apologize, but it's appreciated. My guess is Sekio is about right, not really the tolerance but just my longterm use/ history at play here. Would I have started with an gram of street dex-amphetamin instead of racemic I would have experienced equally, maybe even better, effects.

Guess I kinda forget how good the human body is in addapting to something after continuess administration.