• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Well THAT was stupid...(methadone)

I don't use methadone, I just hear rumors . . .

Keif Richards said:
I think as addicts we like to muse on how "the man" in one form or another is secretly weakening our drugs and ultimately trying to bring us down. I believe this statement in a lot of ways. Methadone is controlled addiction in the USA. There's generally not much else to go with it in terms of ongoing care.

^ :)

Actually liquid formulations can have a surprisingly faster Tmax; then again, suspensions can be slightly slower...

W/ methadone, the difference won?t be too significant as it generally has a somewhat delayed peak anyway, and with chronic dosing it is about spiking what are already technically high plasma levels(even if it doesn?t seem that way)

At least one clinic had watered down crap, though this is probably exceedingly rare, and not meant to fuel conspiracy theories(although it could be handled better, addiction/dependency in general, at least there are for many some options now; others do not even have those...)

I never noticed any difference at all....admittedly I was taking it 3 times a day so a few minutes quicker Tmax wouldn't be really noticeable

Liquids might absorb into your bloodstream faster. But even that'll depend on food and where in your guts the stuff gets absorbed. Most of the time I bet there's no difference.

Once it's in your blood, there's definitely no difference.

Well yeah but its quicker and easier for a liquidthan a solid otherwise fuck mixing a shot just shove in your gear dry.

Actually dont do that. Thats very bad.

W/Md doubt it would be significant; with some meds though, you are talking a half hour quicker peak

Maybe try to pull an example or two

Well yeah but its quicker and easier for a liquidthan a solid otherwise fuck mixing a shot just shove in your gear dry.

Actually dont do that. Thats very bad.

Not all of our viewers are as clever as we are, we have to be very clear sometimes. Solids that go in your stomach usually get turned into liquids. That doesn't work for things like staples, glass or plastic barbie heads. They stay solid.

From what I've been told, methadone stays solid too. You'd just poop most of it out, except for the no-pooping cause you're on opiates thing.

The weird thing I poop better on a stable opioid regimen rather than off one and especially over unstable use

Not all of our viewers are as clever as we are, we have to be very clear sometimes. Solids that go in your stomach usually get turned into liquids. That doesn't work for things like staples, glass or plastic barbie heads. They stay solid.

From what I've been told, methadone stays solid too. You'd just poop most of it out, except for the no-pooping cause you're on opiates thing.

Oh Scrofula. Are you trying to get me turned on?

Corn also stays in the same state as it entered the mouth too.

Thanks Zephyr, you just killed the mood. I had a shot at implementing Keif' Seduction Phase II: a Clean Front Page, and now I'm thinking that, sure I see corn when I pick up my dog's shit, I've never noticed it in mine though.

I've never seen an immaculate shiny yellow corn kernel winking back at me in the morning poop bowl.

Once your done with your Methadone it turns into a nasty beast at the water treatment facility..

Flushed Methadone which has been shown to produce NDMA- N-nitrosodimethylamine- a potent carcinogen when methadone in wastewater is treated with chloramines which is literally everywhere.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/methadone-cancer-carcinogen-drinking-water

The pharmaceutical methadone, which is used to mitigate heroin withdrawal symptoms and is also prescribed for chronic pain, contains a dimethylisopropylamine functional group that reacts to form large amounts of NDMA upon chloramination.

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.estlett.5b00096

I thought that was part of the conspiracy, but seems to be real.

But I'm still confused, same thing happens in your stomach whenever you eat bacon. And leaches into drinking water every time it rains over the Midwest. Anywhere you have nitrates and nitrites. I mean, yeah it's bad, but compared to thousands of miles of cornfield covered with fertilizer, just how much methadone are people eating?

If yall think your getting my bacon, step off. No conspiracy, nothing to see here, the people down river are on their own.

OT: drop your pills in a glass of water and come back in 10 mins.

I believe I've solved the mystery/conspiracy of liquids vs. solids.

This study from 1999 talks about the bioavailabilty of buprenorphine liquid v. tablet.

Liquid BA is around twice that of the tablet.

Except, the liquid is sublingual. And they then adjust the tablet strength. So they all get the same meds.

BUT I lived for 79 days in various rehabs, I guarantee someone heard that and immediately started bitching.

For the methadone killer corn poop, I have no idea.

The bioavailability from the tablet was approximately 50% that from the liquid and was not affected by saliva pH. Lower bioavailability from the tablet may be due to slow dissolution.
The Next Study

Here Here. I think your on to something with that and it should be dosed like Liquid LSD. People be swallowing the bupe from the pill and what not.

Thank you, that's a better link.

Who knows, it's just I can see people in a clinic for that study, some getting untested tablets for bupe, and some liquid, and later hear the liquid is "twice as potent" goes viral through rehabs and across maintenance meds, morphs into an evil conspiracy. Because authority is all out to personally fuck with them and make them suffer.

I know it fucked me, that's for sure. I know I would have thought, at least once, that someone purposefully put me in the "weak med" group.

Strange to me...I definitely have had issues with not being covered the full 24 hours but only when taking methadone short term. It has been my experience, and everyone else I have talked to about it, that after a week or two and especially after months on end of daily methadone use, your body becomes saturated and you can skip days at a time without feeling withdrawal. It is very common for people to skip a day at the clinic and feel zero withdrawal. I'm wondering if these withdrawals were mostly a cerebral issue caused by anticipation of the next dose and placebo which is quite common. And damn LOL @ OP's "little sip" being 80 percent of a dose. Sounds more like he was trying to get high rather than cover the extra couple hours. Not judging, made the same stupid mistakes myself, just sayin'.

EDIT:

Just saw this:

I believe I've solved the mystery/conspiracy of liquids vs. solids.

This study from 1999 talks about the bioavailabilty of buprenorphine liquid v. tablet.

Liquid BA is around twice that of the tablet.

Except, the liquid is sublingual. And they then adjust the tablet strength. So they all get the same meds.

BUT I lived for 79 days in various rehabs, I guarantee someone heard that and immediately started bitching.

For the methadone killer corn poop, I have no idea.

Can anybody verify that claim about BA of liquid vs tablet? And the liquid is SL? What? If it is SL why does it take 45 mins to kick in? Is this some new kind form of methadone?

Yeah, (welcome to bluelight) rwkregime, I thought I was all clever, but the opiate people seem to know all about the buprenorphine BA difference in PO or SL. Cause of course. (I didn't pay that much attention to them in rehabs, I was with the drunks and stims.) I thought it was all films y'all got from your special doctor inpatient anyway, I didn't even know anything besides everyone hates it all and they're all miserable.

In further research, methadone is just a bizarre drug. Heavily influenced by metabolism, like a half-life from 4 to 190 hours. Dissolves across fatty tissue, so you slowly fill up with it and release it back on cessation. Like the weed of opiates.

And, the real reason is US Federal Law requires clinics to give methadone form of (the tablet). The one they hate more.