• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall crash after 1 hour and 30 minutes!?

AbusedTampon

Bluelighter
I have noticed that the three times I've taken Adderall XR (CRUSHED UP!), 30 mg, 35, and 40 mg this latest time, an hour after I have taken each of these doses, I get AMAZING euphoria, focus, clarity, energy etc. But it only lasts 2 hours or less...
It still keeps me stimulated and slightly euphoric the rest of the 6 hours its having an effect, but I crash at the 2nd hour...

*Is it supposed to crash so soon?*

Don't get me wrong I still feel stimulated after the crash, but I definitely don't feel as good afterwards. I go from 'ready to run a marathon' to just wanting to chill out and listen to some slow music.

The euphoria STILL does stay for up to the whole time the Adderall XR(CRUSHED UP) is effective (6 hours for me).
But after the 2nd hour, after it starts taking effect, it crashes, not a hard crash, but I go from a 10/10 on the "Unofficial Adderall Induced Euphoria" scale, to a 5/10.
0 on the scale being sober/normal.
So I STILL DO feel euphoric and stimulated, it's just almost as if it got cut in half after the crash.

I don't know if this is normal for Adderall XR (CRUSHED UP THE BEADS) But I'm definitely planning to take a higher dose next time I decide to have an Adderall trip(?) or high, whatever you want to call it. I just want to make sure I'm getting as much as I can out of my limited supply, any input appreciated!
:-D

P.S:
Yes, I am still a little tweaked lol, I just crashed 30 minutes minutes ago from the 40 mg, this my third time taking it and it went just as my first 2 times. Apologizes if this sounds too much like a tweaked out rant, I just really need an answer lol

Cheers!

Last edited:
Currently as I write this, it is 11:11am on Tuesday afternoon. At about 1:30am early Tuesday morning i took 60mg (two orange 30mg tablets) of Adderall (not the XR kind)
DrugItem_34.JPG
. It has been about 10 hours after I took the Adderall and I just didn't feel any "crash" or comedown. In my humble opinion you are "peaking" a little bit too soon. Try taking the regular Adderall as opposed to the XR, and it may help solve this problem for you.

Hmm thanks for the info. Unfortunately I can't get any regular Adderall :\ And I've only used Adderall IR 2 or 3 Times before. I just recently got a hold of a decent amount of these XR one's. But I'm going to try different doses, taking them at different times, and just sort of experiment until I find the ideal way of/when/how to take these XRs. But as soon as I can get some regular IRs I think I'll have some better luck with those. Thanks guys ?

(By the way its been around 2 hours since I crashed and I feel so tired that I'm going to take a nap as soon as I finish off this reply haha)

Well anyone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think when ever you take any kind of drug, if it doesn't have some sort of time release mechanism, then as soon as it hits your blood stream your body has already start to process the drug out of your system.

I don't know really how to word what I'm thinking but basically as soon as you reach your "peak", which doesn't seem to take long with adderall, then your already starting to come down.

So after that it's really on when your brain decides "okay I'm not high anymore". When I've noticed is different for slot of people. Like when me and my girlfriend take opiates, I will feel the effects for a lot longer then she will. That's only because she's looking for the "high" of it and I just like the relaxed state it puts me it. So my brain doesn't keep analyzing if I'm "high" or not.

I feel like this is the addicting nature of this drug. Because one might say well just redose once desired effects are worn off, but that is foolish in the name of harm reduction. I'd say after about 2 or 3 hours, I too start loosing those types of effect. Maybe you should try taking half of the desired dose NOT crushed up so that that half will continue to linger on.

But be careful with increasing your doses with adderall. I was fine for a while with 40mg or all at once to get desired effect and so one time I bumped it up to 60mg and it was a really terribly experience. I'd say increase your dose slowly and listen to signs your body tells you.

Good luck.

Well anyone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think when ever you take any kind of drug, if it doesn't have some sort of time release mechanism, then as soon as it hits your blood stream your body has already start to process the drug out of your system.

I don't know really how to word what I'm thinking but basically as soon as you reach your "peak", which doesn't seem to take long with adderall, then your already starting to come down.

So after that it's really on when your brain decides "okay I'm not high anymore". When I've noticed is different for slot of people. Like when me and my girlfriend take opiates, I will feel the effects for a lot longer then she will. That's only because she's looking for the "high" of it and I just like the relaxed state it puts me it. So my brain doesn't keep analyzing if I'm "high" or not.

I feel like this is the addicting nature of this drug. Because one might say well just redose once desired effects are worn off, but that is foolish in the name of harm reduction. I'd say after about 2 or 3 hours, I too start loosing those types of effect. Maybe you should try taking half of the desired dose NOT crushed up so that that half will continue to linger on.

But be careful with increasing your doses with adderall. I was fine for a while with 40mg or all at once to get desired effect and so one time I bumped it up to 60mg and it was a really terribly experience. I'd say increase your dose slowly and listen to signs your body tells you.

Good luck.
Thanks for the advice ;) and I do have to agree, there is no real peak, it just gets to highest potential the dose can give out, and if you're lucky, stays at that state for a certain amount of time.

But the "crash" is simply your brain ceasing to release the dopamine (or whatever causing the pleasure may be) And just returning to normal. Guess normal is perceived as very bad, or in this case, a "crash", AFTER the drug has taken effect and ceases to keep releasing pleasure.

Also to add I think I will try half this dose next time, and if it doesn't work, I still have more to keep trying to see what the bullseye dose, time, amount taken at once or in duration is etc.

Just my 2 cents but I think you got it. Thanks again for the advice :)

I have been on Adderall and Ritalin. Just got my Ritalin filled today actually. When both are working and kicking in, they are awesome! I also feel great. But got damn do they ever have a freaking short half life!! It sucks horribly. The crash comes on after a few hours for me, and the crash is a BITCH. I have done some research to try and help with that and some people suggested stuff like L Tyrosine and a few other things. I need to buy them though as of right now. But yes, the meds are shit for length of time they work. I have tried taking them every which way and straight up swallowing seems to be the best as far as how long they last, which still isnt long!