View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

TRipping in public advise plz

Ergan

Bluelighter
Hey I am asking for some ways or techniques to help me not to freak the fuck out so here's what's happening.

i have promised my friend that I would go to this get together in the city this Saturday and my parents are out for the weekend so I planned to trip on 3/4mg of DOC, so I'm going to be tripping in the city pretty much. I can most likely deal with this easily as I think to myself as a ghost that no one sees but I would like some advise on how to help me if I do the fuck out freak out.

Also the get together is with a bunch of stoners and druggies so I will feel at home tripping with them even though I don't know many of them.

WEAR SUNGLASSES. They should make you feel a lot less self-conscious and make you look more inconspicuous (psychedelics cause mydriasis and I'm sure DOC is no exception).

Probably a good idea to go equipped with a benzo of your choice.

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but for me, this would be a disaster waiting to happen. If you're actually "in the city," then being around a large group of people I don't know (first bad idea for tripping), and especially if they were druggies (likely to make you guys a target) then I would be on edge the entire time. I've had bad experiences doing what you're planning on doing, though.

Now, if you're talking about tripping in a house, or an equally "safe" (relatively) environment, then that's a much better plan.

I think this would change depending on country too - don't you get in a heap of shit for CONSUMPTION/being under the influence in USA? Here in Australia at least, if the authorities nabbed me, worst case is I get thrown in lockup until I'm sober. No charges (unless I was doing something retarded).

Personally I wouldn't have an issue with tripping in public. I've done it before, albeit at night in the city (around nightclubs etc). Was easy enough given I was by myself, so I just avoided having to interact with anyone.

Was on a fairly decent dose of mushrooms, FWIW.

Yeah, there's public intoxication laws and whatnot here in the "Land of the Free."

I'm not saying tripping in public is always a bad idea. I've done it many times before, and I usually am in public when I take shrooms. It just depends a bunch on your personality, and if the OP sees himself as a "ghost," then chances are he's an introvert (or depressed). Either way, should be a good learning experience for him.

I live in Australia so the cops don't care aswell they will just ask you if you're ok

^^^ well, you can still be locked up in the drunk tank 'til you're sober mate :p they just can't charge you for anything related to the substance(s) already in your system.

If you don't have to worry about authorities (you lucky bastard) then I'd go with the shades and a benzo on hand like AA mentioned.

I trip in public in a major metropolis a lot. It's fun!

- 99% of people will have no idea you are tripping, unless you take off all your clothes or do something equally extreme. If you act unusual enough they might think that you are drunk or mentally ill. But most of the time, they will not notice anything about you at all. The only exception I know of is Amsterdam. EVERYONE knows if you are too stoned or tripping out in Amsterdam.

- When I was inexperienced, I found buying things in stores to be difficult when tripping. Now that I have a good decade of public tripping under my belt I can navigate police, transit in foreign countries, phone calls with my mom etc just fine. Until you get there, give yourself a handicap by having a less high friend, or only going places you know and can get home easily.

- Setting is everything. Museums, parks, waterfronts, movies, music shows -- uplifting places that don't require too much one-on-one interaction with the public. Have some backup plans -- bars or cafes or friends where you can hunker down in a pinch. Also, bathrooms. Bring a few light snacks and water with you if you are going to be out for a long time. Dress comfortably. All the usual minor annoyances get that much worse .

- If you get lost or confused the best thing to do is stay still. If you don't know what the right thing to do is, don't do anything. Eventually it will come to you, and your immediate impulse might be more extreme than the situation really requires.

- Take less than normal!

Definitely take less than normal. The heightened anxiety of crowds of strange people will make things even more chaotic.

If you plan of paying for things in shops or tickets into venues, make sure you use cash, and but a note in every separate pocket. Having to type in a PIN for your card is difficult and you can be guaranteed that which ever pocket you try and grab $20 from will be the wrong one.

Don't talk to strangers unless absolutely necessary. When crossing roads always use the lights and look both ways three times.

Have an escape plan. If this means a return ticket for a bus or train, or uber app on your phone.

so im going with this, im going to rock up with sunnies and a hat and im going to have a sitter with me to help guide me through fliderstreet because knowing me i will just stop and stare at the ticket inspectors XD and im just gonna kick back at the back of fed square where it is nice and quite and lay on the grass and just chill. and im going to have food xanax and water one me so i dont have to deal with people.

good plan so far?

Good enough :) heh

I think one thing that helps me navigate amongst people in public while tripping is ensuring I know my intended destination (be it short term or eventual), and making my way to it with a sense of purpose and almost haste. Kinda takes away from the journey, but definitely aids in safety and ensuring nobody notices you tripping balls (or takes advantage of that fact....cunts everywhere).

Should you ever find yourself up Canberra way, Ergan, do give a shout! I think Canberra would be a much better suited CBD for public tripping, given it's quite a bit less busy than Melbourne. Only minutes from bushland too....good ol' Berra haha

Definitely take less than normal. The heightened anxiety of crowds of strange people will make things even more chaotic.

If you plan of paying for things in shops or tickets into venues, make sure you use cash, and but a note in every separate pocket. Having to type in a PIN for your card is difficult and you can be guaranteed that which ever pocket you try and grab $20 from will be the wrong one.

Don't talk to strangers unless absolutely necessary. When crossing roads always use the lights and look both ways three times.

Have an escape plan. If this means a return ticket for a bus or train, or uber app on your phone.
Excellent advice.

I would do this when I would trip in public on LSD. Riding a train while on acid was fun though; but I had pre-paid tickets as it was how I went to and from university classes at the time.

Ergan, it sounds like a good plan you have with having someone who is not tripping accompany you.

If they still have the Mambo exhibition on at Fed square it would be well worth the effort to go inside. There is also the graffiti of Hosier Lane across the road

7112384791_602a884e9a_z.jpg

10885475_10152942043426322_6624739962877421150_n.jpg

I have tripped numerous times while hiking and visiting concerts/musea.
Like already mentioned, unless you do stupid shit, nobody will realize. Nobody even cares. That's my experience: everyone is so involved with their individual self that they don't pay attention to other people.

I have to say I dose lower when tripping in public, in case of unforeseen events.

One thing that really strikes me is how little people look eachother in the eye (literally that is) when in social situations. Like when buying tickets, asking for directions, .. I always (sober and tripping) have the habit of looking people in the eyes when talking to them, but when I'm tripping I realise that other people don't really do this. I never wear sunglasses. I once even got searched by police (standard procedure) at a festival while on the peak of 2.5mg DOC. He didn't notice anyting. Even the fact that I was carying weed in my shoe ;).

I find that when tripping in a public place, I feel better if I'm with someone I know. That's because if I'm alone I tend to over-think. I'm still a noob tho.

The last time I tripped I went to the park and I was stopping to look at the birds etc., but there were people everywhere, I thought that they would find it weird and notice something, so I acted even in a stranger way. For example someone was following me and I took a turn in the bushes (a place nobody goes really), but there was only one way out, and I got out behing the person that was behind me before. How weird is that... lol

It depends on what you've taken, how much of it and how much experience you have being intoxicated in public.

Yeah, US laws are strict. But if you're at a club, rave, amusement park, college party, (especially UCSB, lol) or something like that, it doesn't matter what you're on.
Other than that, be wary!

I've gone from barely able to stand up and speak, but then able to appear completely sober and functional within minutes off of many substances. It just depends on the situation, but one example is getting the F out of a party when the cops were called to our location. Suffice to say, I was easily able to go from one spectrum to the other. :)

Off of mdma, low-medium doses of psychs, other stimulants or weed, absolutely no one can tell I'm on something, except the people who have experience with what I'm on. Doesn't matter if I'm in front of parents, authority figures or even professors. Haha.

If I can barely talk or walk, then no. But I rarely ever get to that state below a ++++. The best method is simply experience from going out in public enough times when you're on one. And also going with the flow, while trying not to go outside your boundaries personality-wise.