• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids feeling "dirty" being on a long acting opiate (opiate tea)

noone1

Bluelighter
Does anyone else experience this? I dose poppy tea once every week at a reasonable high dose. The first 8 hours of the day always feels really great but the next 8 feel awful, I get this feeling of being ashamed or dirty it's difficult to describe and always comes on after I've been high continuously for more than half a day. It's not withdrawal since I still feel high and don't feel it after I go to sleep and wake up.

Do those using a long acting opiate ever feel this way or is this unique to poppy tea? Is it all in my head? I know "dirty" is a very vague concept. It's almost as if my body is sick of being high for so long.

I get that. Im high all day everyday. I'll feel so blissful and at peace until i start to think WHY i feel so good then i start to feel like shit. I start to think "wow u really have to be high to be happy ?" And shit like that. It brings me down but not enough for me to stop using.

Yeah I felt that way when I took opana and kratom. I felt great, and then once I stopped feeling great it was like my body was telling me to not do it again. I felt like I was sweaty and grimy, like I'd been in a humid heat all day. I also had this grim remorse-like anxiety near the end of the high, basically my body telling me to lay off opiates for a few months

I get that. Im high all day everyday. I'll feel so blissful and at peace until i start to think WHY i feel so good then i start to feel like shit. I start to think "wow u really have to be high to be happy ?" And shit like that. It brings me down but not enough for me to stop using.

I felt that too when I was using everyday 24/7 but this is different. I just feel empty and hollow inside, like my synapses are overtaxed. I don't see much info on chippers. I've found chipping on opiates is almost worse than doing it everyday.

Eh, I never really got that, the only thing about long-acting opiates is after a while the euphoria was gone and I just had a foggy headed opiate habbit(this happened to me with pods) and although I never had a Methadone habbit, I would get the 40mg Wafers for the weekends(because they were cheaper than getting 20-30 Lortabs/Percoets for the weekend) and that would always leave me feeling foggy headed and drowsy(but that could be because I was going from something as weak as Lortabs, which I didn't have a habbit with either, to 60mg of done' in two days...) Now on Suboxone Maintiance, don't really get a brain fog anymore, but when first started I was constanly tired/kinda foggy the first month, but it wasn't bad, was dissapointed it went away so quick honestly... Never got the guilt/dirty feeling from using unless you count the money or pills I stole from other people. Just a foggy/tired feeling after being on long acting opiates(before acutual habbits/tolerance kicked in).

Yeah, I get a similar feeling of anxiety/depression. I keep replaying all the horrible things I do, like wasting money on drugs, or not being productive, etc.. Yesterday I was so upset at myself, I felt like crying. I was angry that I keep getting high, instead of working--even though I'm starting a new job on Tuesday. I've always believed that everything has to return to an equilibrium: I get super high and euphoric, so now I have to pay it back with despair/depression to pay back for it.

Actually, feeling so horrible after the fact helped me quit my coke problem, so at least it can be positive sometimes.

It just comes with opiates. Honestly i cry all the time just because i feel like a piece of shit who's whole life relays on drugs. Its just gonna be something u have to deal with if ur not ready to stop :(

It just comes with opiates. Honestly i cry all the time just because i feel like a piece of shit who's whole life relays on drugs. Its just gonna be something u have to deal with if ur not ready to stop :(
Dude you're not a piece of shit c'mon. Don't let people judging you get in your head. Most people are predisposed to bullshit religious beliefs that disable them from thinking outside the box. They were taught one way, "drugs are bad, people who do drugs are bad, people who do drugs cannot get into gods kingdom" ...Its a crock of shit

Hi noone1 and everyone else. I'm new here, so nice to meet ya. noone1, i'm with a pain mgt. practice and rely on my meds to enjoy a quality of life that was non existent before I started seeing these folks. Won't bore you with details, but as we all know, pain sucks, physically and mentally.
I sometimes run low on my meds and discovered the world of Poppies, and of course, poppy tea.
Like you said, "dirty" is vague, but in my experiences the first 3-4 hours are incredible. Since making poppy tea takes some work, after my first batch and run thru, I kick back in a recliner and just feel the pain leave my body. I can't say I ever feel dirty, except for the fact that I've got pod dust from grinding everywhere, so im constantly washing up and wiping down stuff, but I don't think that's what you're getting at. I dose pretty hard too. I won't stop until they're all gone, and usually I go strong for 36-48 hours. I do get bummed when they're gone, but fortunately I don't have withdrawals as I'll get back on my meds. I don't know what your feeling but I hope you can get past it and enjoy the rest of the high without thinking too hard. I do know that I have to be in a good state of mind before hand, and I've had to force myself to find that good place before I start, and again, not think about negative crap.. Good luck.. Hope this helps a bit..

Does anyone else experience this? I dose poppy tea once every week at a reasonable high dose. The first 8 hours of the day always feels really great but the next 8 feel awful, I get this feeling of being ashamed or dirty it's difficult to describe and always comes on after I've been high continuously for more than half a day. It's not withdrawal since I still feel high and don't feel it after I go to sleep and wake up.

Do those using a long acting opiate ever feel this way or is this unique to poppy tea? Is it all in my head? I know "dirty" is a very vague concept. It's almost as if my body is sick of being high for so long.
Its just part of the opiate thing as others have said. I live for the morning wake-up, which is always the best...

I sort of got that from pharm opiates when I would occasionally use them, and I've had it for sure from smoking pot at times.

I usually use poppy seed tea when i am out and cant score heroin. It actually works well surprisingly. It minimizes the withdrawals well just so everyone knows this last restort trick

After times where I have dosed an opioid continuously, I have felt a bit off and perhaps even uneasy, but this is variable and vague when it does occur. Along with the mental effects of the continuous dosing, a physical feeling of protracted exposure to histamine release is also possible, but not always. When I say continuous, I mean three to four (or more) doses of codeine, hydrocodone, or oxycodone, usually, without any time to come down in between.

The title of this thread keeps cracking me up every time I pass it.