Assignment Ecstasy, Memory and Stress Study

blueriz

Greenlighter
Hello,

I am a third year Psychology student and I am extremely interested in the effects of MDMA on cognitive function.

And I have decided to conduct an experiment on the effects of MDMA on Prospective memory, while accounting for a previously not considered variable - stress.

Unfortunately I am struggling to find individuals who have used MDMA/ecstasy within a university population, so I am reaching out to this forum.

Thanks

I am not a fan of those drugs personally so I can't help you, but you might like to give more information about where you are located unless you are going to include flights, accommodation and food for members here to fly to you from all around the world. :)

I am not a fan of those drugs personally so I can't help you, but you might like to give more information about where you are located unless you are going to include flights, accommodation and food for members here to fly to you from all around the world. :)

Thanks for your reply, it is simply an online study.

I have done MDMA but only once. Although doing it one time I still did a huge dose. Almost 6-8 doses in one night. (800mg in total) I'll be glad to help if I can be useful.

Hi,
I've taken the survey.
Alot of good questions, makes me realize alot about myself and how much drugs have changed my memory..
There are alot of questions which have a grey area. I tried to answer them as good as possible.

Good luck with your survey.

I have rolled probably a looot more than the average user fortunately (unfortunately?)... Let's see how this survey goes hehe...

Hi blueriz, thank you for posting your study here at Bluelight.

Could you please add a little bit more information in your post (you can edit it), e.g. your name and institution, a description of the survey itself (research questions you are asking), ethics approval, approximate open and close dates for the study, etc. as per our forum guidelines which you can read here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/345977-Forum-Guidelines

Info from the consent form:

The effect of MDMA and stress on Prospective memory performance

The current study that you are about to participate in will be a questionnaire lasting between 20 minutes, for which you will be awarded 4 credits. The questionnaire will ask you questions regarding your PAST recreational drug use (until the 31/12/2013), prospective memory and stress levels. You will NOT have to disclose any current patterns of recreational drug use at any point during the survey

The aim of the present study is to investigate what effect MDMA use has on components of prospective memory -- such as short term, long term, internally cued prospective memory and techniques used to remember. Furthermore there will be questions regarding stress as previous literature has highlighted that this may be a confounding variable and explain some of the effect of MDMA on prospective memory.

This study is entirely voluntary and anonymous and you will not have to disclose your name or contact details at any point. In the present study you will be asked for a unique identifier (e.g. H33RE) that will allow your results to be recognised and therefore withdrawn should you choose. You can withdraw from the study at any point by closing the browser of the survey or after the survey by emailing the the experimenter ([email protected]) with your unique identifier by the 15.3.15, this email address will also be provided at the end of the study. Please be aware that by doing so you are compromising your anonymity.

By completing the following questionnaire and providing your unique identifier you will be giving consent for your data to be used in the analysis of the present study. Rest assured that all data is private and confidential and will be stored in a password-protected folder and only me and my supervisor will have access to it
If you feel that this study might raise any concerns regarding stress or recreational drug use then please visit the following websites to seek support and advice
-http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/tips-for-everyday-living/stress-guide/about/#.VHNGektXt8E
-http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/drugs/Pages/Drugtreatment.aspx