• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Your Favourite Quotes and Sayings - MKII

Per aspera ad astra

And pretty much anything Nikola Tesla said.

^

I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own

“If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world.”
both from ― Nikola Tesla

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results."

and some I came up with myself:
"Wisdom goes with age."
This translation doesn't really cover the load it did in Dutch, at least, so it feels to me, So for those speaking Dutch:
"Wijsheid vergaat met de jaren."

"Whatever doesn't kill you, didn't try hard enough."

"Being honest to someone else is a choice, being honest to yourself is a quality."

^^ good ones. Specially
"Whatever doesn't kill you didn't try hard enough" - funny :)
and
about honesty due to its truth.

“I think that if I ever have kids, and they are upset, I won't tell them that people are starving in China or anything like that because it wouldn't change the fact that they were upset. And even if somebody else has it much worse, that doesn't really change the fact that you have what you have.”

That is very true. You cannot measure a persons pain against anothers. For them, that pain is real and it may be the first time they have ever known it. Yes, I do know that other people have suffered worse but at that very moment that is the worst that person has suffered in their entire life. Their pain is very much real.

The flip side...

- Kill them with kindness.

"April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true."

:)

alasdair

^ ;)

“Never, never, never give in!”

(Trying hard not to give up !!) :)

What was said to the rose that made it open
was said to me here in my chest.

~rumi

'Wounds heal. Scars fade. But love; love is forever'.

<3
That's cute, but the biggest bullshit ever...
Some wounds are fatal, not all scars fade, most love fades after time.

More realistically:
"Why choose love, when drugs are eternal?"

“We are addicted to our thoughts. We cannot change anything if we cannot change our thinking.”

“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

Just spent aaaaaaaaaages trying to find this quote from you (apple/jobbs?) because when I seen this post I screen shot it as I'd love a tattoo of this some day. Thank you, Erik, for posting this xxxxx

It truly is one of the best, most ace quotes I've ever read......

Evey

Thanks Evey! It's one of my favorites, and expresses perfectly how some of us feel.

“Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice."

“Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”

“That’s been one of my mantras — focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex; you have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple.”

“No matter how bad things are, you can always make things worse.”

The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”