• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Your Favourite Quotes and Sayings - MKII

Freud talks about underestimation:
“It is impossible to escape the impression that people commonly use false standards of measurement — that they seek power, success and wealth for themselves and admire them in others, and that they underestimate what is of true value in life.”

I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in my life. And I am horribly limited.

Heard this for the first time the other day and fell in love with it -

"Never underestimate the power of a queen with lovely hair, my dear"<3

where did you hear this? This speaks to me on life goal levels. I have ginger fever again but I've been told I suit dark. My spirit is dampened :p

"Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.”

“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.”

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

“The intelligence of that creature known as a crowd is the square root of the number of people in it.”

“I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.”

'What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others lives beyond us."

“I believe in the power of the imagination to remake the world, to release the truth within us, to hold back the night, to transcend death, to charm motorways, to ingratiate ourselves with birds, to enlist the confidences of madmen.”

Carl Jung — 'No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell.'

^ I like Jung much better than Freud. Good one!

“Life moves very fast. It rushes from Heaven to Hell in a matter of seconds.”

“The mind is a universe and can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.”

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

"Ok, but lets just go through it again"

"Your name is [name], you live at [address]. We are now in your room. [more factual information]. "

"Okay. Okay. Go through it again."

The quote of the night tho for pure hilarity;

"Do we have any children? Are we married?"

this one I could've had so much fun with had I not been worried :p <3

"Do we have any children? Are we married?"

this one I could've had so much fun with had I not been worried :p <3

Especially if that quote had been followed up with:

"Yes 6 I'm leaving you with to go off to a commune in India" :D