• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

March forward, and fear not the thorns... March 2015 Gettin' & Stayin' Sober Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just A Guy

Bluelight Crew
March forward, and fear not the thorns... March 2015 Gettin' & Stayin' Sober Thread

This thread is for anyone who wants to get or is staying sober. Everyone is welcome to post in this thread. Please adhere to the Bluelight User Agreement and Sober Living Forum Guidelines.

March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection. March on, and fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on life's path.

The February thread can be found by clicking >Here<

It's gonna be a good month!

Last edited by a moderator:
While this has nothing to do with my serious addictions (stims & psychs -- which I've been doing a pretty damned good job not using), I did give up coffee and alcohol for Lent. Haven't had any since February 18th, and won't until Easter. I've done this every year for the last three years (but I included cigarettes the previous two years, which I've since given up completely, except the rare occasion.) Wishing all of you the best for March.

Kicking this month off right baby i have like 17/18 days off benzos and opiates i still blaze or drink once in a while which im cool with im really gonna work hard on giving up the cigs this month
I only smoke one cig max 2 a day for the past week but i still crave smoking during the day so i guess that means i have to give it up completly.
Its crazy how.february started off as the worst days of my life and.ended off so.amazingly.
I thought i was homeless and none of my friends or family wanted anything to do with me but i am back home now and also found a job.and evreyone around me is happy im around what a flip can happen in a few weeks life is amazing.
Hope evreyone has a succesfull march!!!!!

congrats CH :)

1 mg sub for me today. I will end March opiate-free. Originally I wrote "hopefully" before that, but no. I will end March opiate free. It is entirely up to me whether I keep taking opiates or not. Hope has nothing to do with it. It's like saying "I hope I don't throw my computer against a wall because it's so slow". I either throw it or I don't.

Or as Yoda said "Do or do not. There is no try".

I also plan to be down at least 10 lbs by the end of the month.

4 months off psychs. Still have cravings but I'm able to use rational thinking to combat them. Some guy offered me molly a couple weeks ago and I turned it down.

havent used heroin, meth, or cocaine since december 26!! i have to give a shout out to myself!!!

i feel.........content and stable right now... very weird but comforting feeling. not used to feeling level-headed.

also quitting cigs too....

i have only had 5 cigs in the past 7 days!! whoopp whoop!!!

great going laCaster :) I can't wait to have that content and stable feeling - I miss it.

laCster you're killin it mang :)
Feb went pretty well for me.. I only gave in a couple of times during feb, but I am happy with how I am feeling and how manageable the general day-to-day flow is now..
I can't say i will go an entire month without slipping up, but im definitely not giving up now :)
Glad these threads still exists.

Thanx captian
I had a really rough night i couldnt sleep for shit and was tossing and turning all night
Weed helps me sleep but ive only smoked twice in the 3 weeks since ive stopped benzos and opiates i dont want to smoke evreyday i want to give my body some time to heal
Im really proud of myself i spent most of last weeks paycheck paying family back and buying things i need
I still havr like $150 left and have no real temptation to cop i mean i do but i know i wont so i really see myself improving
I really would like to get alil support from meetings or something but i really dont havr the time with the crazy hours i work
But i look at it this way if this job is helping me stay clean then i am all for it atleast for now so i can continue putting some clean time together.
Im so happy to see so many peiple doing so well in this thread keep it up
Lacster- you are doing amazing look up what totach means in hebrew thats what you are!

Great name for this thread:)

So its been a little over 2.5 years from when I detoxed.

I really cant believe how amazing my life has become.

Super grateful today=D

Great name for this thread:)

So its been a little over 2.5 years from when I detoxed.

I really cant believe how amazing my life has become.

Super grateful today=D

wow!! 2 and a half years!!! soo gooood! so proud! keep up the good work :)

Thanx captian
I had a really rough night i couldnt sleep for shit and was tossing and turning all night
Weed helps me sleep but ive only smoked twice in the 3 weeks since ive stopped benzos and opiates i dont want to smoke evreyday i want to give my body some time to heal
Im really proud of myself i spent most of last weeks paycheck paying family back and buying things i need
I still havr like $150 left and have no real temptation to cop i mean i do but i know i wont so i really see myself improving
I really would like to get alil support from meetings or something but i really dont havr the time with the crazy hours i work
But i look at it this way if this job is helping me stay clean then i am all for it atleast for now so i can continue putting some clean time together.
Im so happy to see so many peiple doing so well in this thread keep it up
Lacster- you are doing amazing look up what totach means in hebrew thats what you are!

lol i really am a cannon!! i blow through using thoughts like it is my job!! drug addiction cant stick to me mang!! llulz!!! try to give yourself a break!! it is hard to work alot and still make time... allow yourself to be you for a day!! dont worry what anyone says or what your ego wants you to do!!
laCster you're killin it mang :)
Feb went pretty well for me.. I only gave in a couple of times during feb, but I am happy with how I am feeling and how manageable the general day-to-day flow is now..
I can't say i will go an entire month without slipping up, but im definitely not giving up now :)
Glad these threads still exists.

only a couple of times is better than staying high all month!! that is a big accomplishment!! do you know how many people cant even go 12 hours without using drugs????? you are doing awesome!!

great going laCaster :) I can't wait to have that content and stable feeling - I miss it.

thanks blue!!! you are doing so great aswell!! remember that you a worthwhile individual! you have so much offer to world, dont let heroin and opiates bring you down and tell you that you arent worth more then them!! you got this blue! i believe in you!!

Been herion/xanax free since Jan 20 and sub free 7 days. Still sick as hell but hoping to one day say I am clean and free of my addiction. Been almost a 15 year battle for me. I'm not giving up yet.

I'll be 5 years and 3 months clean tomorrow. I always reward myself for all the challenges I overcome in my life, and one of them is addiction. There are also a lot of people I want to thank for being there for me in my ups and down, my family and friends who believe in me, and to my therapist at Recovery Rehab Addiction for helping me cope with my cravings. I'm planning to stay sober for the rest of my life. I couldnt ask for more. Sober life is a blessing.. :D

Wow, that's amazing, Xhander. Congratulations to everyone in this thread whether you have two days or five years.<3

Lacster when you speak hebrew and say to someone ata totach or aze totach something along.those.lines then in means more like telling someone they are ill in a goodway i cant.think.of a better example anyways youre.doing great man
As for me i had a really long day its almost 1am and i just got home from work
I got alil stressed at work today cuz there was a storm and the car i was driving to the customer from brooklyn to jersey was nice but rear wheel drive so i was sliding all over the place and to top that off i got lost and.my.phone was dead
So i stop at a gas station to ask for.directions btw i drove a hour away from.where i.was supposed to go
But god is great i asked someone to use there phone real quick and they happened.to have the same phone as me so i.asked if he would trade batteries with me for $10 and he did which was amazing cuz then my boss just guided me.there once i called him
Point is i.was fucking stressed at the time im driving a clients new cadilac and i was scared for real i couldnt touch the gas or the car was sliding like crazy and i was lost
Long story short i delivered the car in one piece and im so greatful that god hooked me up and greatful to have another day sober its alil over 3 weeks ;)
I just wanted to get that out i was so fucking frustrated today and didnt even consider getting high which is huge for me!
All the.best bluelight family!

Have been clean from all drugs including weed and smokes for atleast a week.

opiates are still a thought of the past finally 1 month an some change clean.

took my first yoga class today and plan to continue gettin in shape in this an a couple other ways. Plus my instructor is fine and it's free. lol

Weighed in at + 10 lbs which I've needed after lack of nutrition during drug abuse and have been steady on my healthy diet and supplement regimen.

Congrats to everybody in this thread and continue on with the good progress.

I lost count of the days, I'll have to go back and count. Well over a year and a few months now :). Another day..

Status
Not open for further replies.