• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

98% THC (pic)....

poledriver

Bluelighter
What's the go with this stuff? Anyone know. It came up on FB and I'm a bit curious if it's real or not..

11001896_865113283547227_2978254709979261512_n.jpg

What's the go with this stuff? Anyone know. It came up on FB and I'm a bit curious if it's real or not..

11001896_865113283547227_2978254709979261512_n.jpg

wow that's crazy, it kinda looks like if kief from your grinder, or like 2CE or something, whatever that first canabanoid was that people went crazy...needed ike a PINCH to smoke and get very 'stoned'.

Smoking bong hits of kief gets you fucking ridiculously high, like almost high-on-psychedelics style high.

As far as the picture goes, I've don't know anything about it. I've seen some footage of volunteers being given pure THC in a medical setting, though, in research studies regarding the drug. I'm not sure if pure THC would even be desirable, though, as I've heard that other cannabinoids such as CBD help balance the high from cannabis.

The only product that can be 98% thc is refined hash oil.

Think about it the cellulose that makes up trichomes would have to be 2% of the volume by weight.

That is how hash is made, the cellulose + oil from broken trichomes make a gummy substance of varying color.

CO2 oil is just very clean oil, using liquid CO2 as the solvent versus Butane etc.

If I had to guess I would say it's clumped trichomes, or bits of hash oil covered in loose trichomes with allot of light.

If it were real it would look like a clear, golden oil, sticky in consistency. That is not 98% pure THC.

If it were real it would look like a clear, golden oil, sticky in consistency. That is not 98% pure THC.

It could be a real product, albeit with either allot of light or with a filter to make it appear whiter. The center of the pic looks more natural in color. Most of the pictures in hightimes are treated with filters to make the subjects look more exotic. Plants and buds look way more colorful when enhanced. The picture also looks like a close up or magnified. I agree it looks more like cocaine than hash/kief/combo.

People that claim such numbers should include a lab report, as lab tested thc percentages are not easy to generate.

The only product that can be 98% thc is refined hash oil.

Think about it the cellulose that makes up trichomes would have to be 2% of the volume by weight.

That is how hash is made, the cellulose + oil from broken trichomes make a gummy substance of varying color.

CO2 oil is just very clean oil, using liquid CO2 as the solvent versus Butane etc.

If I had to guess I would say it's clumped trichomes, or bits of hash oil covered in loose trichomes with allot of light.

Ya this sounds a logical to me. I know there are people in labs who are freezing their product down to -40F so that the fats and lipids clump up and can be filtered out. I am pretty sure they lose more than 2% of total volume and even some of the best oils are not even in the 90%...

Also, picture looks highly edited to me. The blueish haze seems to be a filter added to the photo, unless it is sitting inside a blue glass jar.

Lastly, I don't know of a process that would leave this clumpy powder as an end product(supossedly nearly 100% pure thc...) but I would imagine that if it did exist, it would be rather labor intensive and require lab grade set ups.... all to create an end product that is likely not very enjoyable due to THCs instability on its own??? Let's get real....

Smoking bong hits of kief gets you fucking ridiculously high, like almost high-on-psychedelics style high.

As far as the picture goes, I've don't know anything about it. I've seen some footage of volunteers being given pure THC in a medical setting, though, in research studies regarding the drug. I'm not sure if pure THC would even be desirable, though, as I've heard that other cannabinoids such as CBD help balance the high from cannabis.
I've never smoked pure kif but I have gotten psychedelic effects from high quality cannabis, and hash that I smoked, vaped, or ate, and it was almost like tripping on mushrooms at a low/moderate dose.

No idea what the picture is, maybe it's one of those fake cannabinoid RCs that someone photoshopped to say it's "98% THC"?

Anyone with any decent amount of experience making kief knows that stuff whatever it is, almost certainly not kief.

As for it being presented as 98% THC, well it's a fake i.e. it's not what it is purported to be. It is not 98% THC, I guarantee it. You don't need a lab report to know this.

Anyone with any decent amount of experience making kief knows that stuff whatever it is, almost certainly not kief.

As for it being presented as 98% THC, well it's a fake i.e. it's not what it is purported to be. It is not 98% THC, I guarantee it. You don't need a lab report to know this.

I still hold out on if the picture was enhanced to make it appear more white than it could be clumped kief. If someone took incredibly immature buds and processed them the trichomes would be more white. If it is real I would put money on the fact that its tiny bits of oil covered in kief. If it was amber it would look like the picture.

Obviously you don't need a lab report for 98%, but seeing in that we have legal dispensaries in the states, allot of people don't necessarily know that 98% is an unattainable level. So for stat junkies or unscrupulous sellers, lab reports would keep them honest. Also with it being legal I have seen more than a couple new things that I never seen prior to legalization.

I agree, doesn't look anything like kief or ice wax. There is a trend of people posting pictures of "ice wax" on instagram and social media.. I don't know much about it but I'm guessing it is some kind of ice hash. Seems like some people are getting really good results. And then there are people who want to be part of the club and post bs pics with all kinds of filters on them. The pics of real ice hash that I have seen from real growers varies from clumpy looking kief(still powdery though) to really gooey whiteish yellow substance with a oily consistency.

It's dry sift... regular kief from your grinder is 90% contaminant. It's been further refined and processed using screens / carding and static tech. If you want to learn more about this and how to achieve 99% glandular heads check out www.youtube.com/BCbubbleman

Cool video DaDanky, never seen that method used before. Seems rather wasteful to be honest, but still cool none the less.

Even still tho, I am almost positive that the original picture is faked. Even the guy's purest dry sift was still brownish yellow as compared to baking soda white like the OPs pic.

if you search #icewax and find legit, legal growers pages(mostly from washington or colorado) you can see a lot of real examples. It is very blonde in color, but a dirty blonde. Not coke white.

Even if it was really dry sift and was 99% glandular head like claimed possible, I think that would be a far cry from 98% thc. I don't think dry sifting could produce a more pure product than the very advanced and complex processes used to make oil. The more advanced oil production facilities use much finer micron filters and also take advantage of temperatures to further assist in the filtering process. Of course, I am not a chemist and this is just my on intuition. I would need to see lab tests before I start believing 98% tho.

It could very well be 98%+ THC. I've talked to multiple people in medical states who claim to have had or have continuing access to powdered THC at an extremely high potency (lab tested).

One individual explained to me how he used this powder for his ADD, as there was none of the traditional fogginess that he experienced with plant cannabis, or even most concentrates (this individual was a credible source, and actually showed me the powder, but we did not have a smoking device)

Edit: Oh, and it's almost definitely not dry sift. Quality dry sift you can clearly see the round heads, this looks more like powder. If you want to see quality DS check out @cubangrower on IG