• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc pentobarbital sodium

burningdiesel

Greenlighter
Hi, New to the forum: looking advice
There is old bottle of Pentobarbital sodium...
long story short someone came into the possession of many old pill bottles from a deceased physician from a estate sale.

The bottle's label states
pentobarbital sodium.
1 1/2 grs. (0.097 Gm.)
The Blue Line Chemical Co.
st. Louis MO. US.

I've dabbled in Nembutal before, and enjoy the high of 150mg: it's a if I drank a quart of moonshine, yet I'm completely sober around 4 hours. (Any longer would suck imo)

Anyway, would anyone recommend actually trying these? I know pills degrade over time: and these suckers are old. Not even sure if these are the original pills, and further examining the are solid white, with no identifiers. Leaves a powdery white residue when you touch them, but are otherwise firm and look fine. (Not asking what these are, just suspicious as these are old; and there's three exact bottle all containing different contents.

Would you take two, just for the hell of it?

Myself, honestly? No.

To me, the Risk v Reward doesn't stack up. I just always associate Barbs with lethal injections/euthanasia. Then again, I've never tried Barbituates before. If I had and I really enjoyed the experience, yeah, I'd possibly be more inclined to risk it for a biscuit.

P.S. when you say old, how old are we talking? Do you have dates?

Honestly, I have no idea on how old these are: the doctor stoped practicing in the late 80's. No date on the bottle.. also, the bottle is glass: besides warnings (only take dosage prescribe by physician, what I listed before. And Cat. No. 624..

Edit: could these tablets be snorted? And can post images on this board?

Last edited:
These tablets are ~100mg pentobarbital sodium caplets, they are for oral usage only and will burn something bad if you snort them.

If you want to take them, one by mouth is probably more than enough to get a feel for the effects. Just keep in mind that in combination with alcohol, opioids or other sedatives, barbiturates can easily be lethal.

Barbituates are really stable if kept dry and out of intense heat/light, so they should still be as good as the day they were made.

Last edited:
Thanks Sekio, your post was very informative. though I'm kind of sceptical: I counted the pills in the bottle 75- yet the label claims 100 capsules (bottle is completely full) these aren't capsules either..

I'm taking one, and will follow up.

edit: First pill taken @ 12:13AM- empty stomach.

Last edited:
1:33AM- I'm not sure I feel anything, or if it's a placebo, or it being late in the night.

I'm going to brake another tablet in half, and see where that lands me.

It is my understanding that pentobarbital is pretty rapid acting. I wouldn't take any more than two tablets at most. If you don't feel the effects then, it's entirely possible those are some other pills someone put in a pentobarbital bottle. There are a couple color spot tests that can be done to check if it's barbiturates or not, but otherwise you'd need to get the pills analysed professionally.

I'm not to worried that the pills could have been replaced: the others I have are marked( not pentobarbital)
How long does oral use take for it to kick in? Intravenous is definitely superior, but I do feel sleepy, almost mild buzz, (like a 6 pack of tall boys)

What would the safe dosage be to really feel.

2:30- my heart rate has noticeably decreased, under 60bpm.
Drowsy, and a mild euphoric feeling that moves in waves.

Tomorrow I'm going to try two at once, but earlier in the day. I bet 500-600mg would be intense- unless thats past the safe threshold

Two at once is probably enough... I have a feeling if you took 5 you'd be dead or at least unpleasantly fucked up. Barbiturates are not a drug where you should just increase your dose 5x and expect it to feel 5x as good. Increase it one tablet at a time.

Orally, pentobarbital should kick in pretty rapidly. Peak effects should be at about 1 hour after oral administration on an empty stomach, or delayed up to an hour and a half more on a full stomach.

Last edited:
Excuse me for interfering. Quick question though: why on empty stomach?
I understand this reason for opiates as they sometimes cause nausea, but pentobarbital (?)

Last edited:
If you take pentobarbital with food, the medication takes longer to get absorbed. If you have an empty stomach it is absorbed much more rapidly.

Last night after the second tab kicked in, it pretty much knocked me out- good sleep aid, Not the feeling I was searching for.

Well, I take that back, the last thing I remember was laying back "surfing waves"
and a odd cerebral tingle.

I'm going to follow your advice and Sekio, and slowly add to the dosage.

Just wanted to add that some oral meds are more effective with food in stomach (high fat helps alprazolam reach higher blood concentrations, but timing of eating and dosing is critical - search here for that answer.

Some meds work best on empty stomach. Some best after a good meal. And what you eat can have an effect. Check the official FDA package insert for absorption and metabolic info, search Google for, "Alprazolam package insert" make sure you get the long one, or ask at the pharmacy they have them on hand. Those WebMD sites have sheiet for extended, good info. Get the genuine package insert, the paper that sometimes comes glued to the top off a bottle of pills if you ever get a manufacture's full, unopened bottle at a pharmacy. They're also online, fda.gov should have them each, all up to date

Off topic- fucking loving the tiny generic subtex tabs, as small a pill as I've seen. Great to snort, a half hour b/b the ingestion of flubromazolamn (or any benzo). Ave reduce disagrees of both by 30% or so.

Only for the extremely tolerant to both drugs. Lost a friend who had no tolerance. If you have no tolerance, by which in mean a serious years worth of tolerance to BOTH, and can handle twice the amounts of either drug and barely feel it. Then try together. Be very careful and note Narcan (naloxone) will NOT reverse such an overdose. It does fuck all for bupe. I've watched it not work...

Last edited:
Nice post Speed!
I doubt I'll mix barbiturates anytime soon, if at all.

Tonight I popped three Pentobarbitals.
I scraped the gel coating off, and took them on a semi-empty stomach. Not much difference in reaction time as last night's experience. Right now, I'm having trouble typing: I'm looking at the cursor blink.. okay off track. But, I think 300mg is a good starting dose. I've read lethal dosage range from 2-10g's- which boost my confidence to try 5-600mg next time. What high / feeling could I expect from a double dose (2x ~300mg)

As of right now, I'm chill: don't feel like moving, and the tingling is more intense than the previous ~150(ish)mg
I'm not sure if I'm just fighting the drowsiness or feeling euphoric?

wouldn't say it's the best high, though its pretty cool that I'm "drunk" without drinking a drop.

anyone else dabble in barbiturates like this? I would be Iinterested in your experience(s)

Consider yourself lucky! Benzo and barb tolerence is not cross tolerant so even if you can handle 10 xanax bars it doesn't mean you have a tolerence to barbiturates, same for alcohol- no cross tolerence. The most euphoric barb I've had has been amobarbital and that was good enough! Be careful experimenting with injection of barbiturates as I've heard from old timers stories where they would prep either Seconal, Amobarbital/Tunial or Nembutal for IV and people wouldn't be able to take the needle/plunger out before falling down on the floor completley fucked up. An old timer said the worst part of injecting barbiturates was the 'quick/hurry up' feeling you would get once you would push down on the plunger, many people would fall down with the needle still in their arm (disgusting I know). O.P. remeber there was a reason they were taken off the market (in N.A. at least :\ )

Last edited:
I have IV Nembutal prior to taking pentobarbital oral- but I don't think my tolerance would be affected as it was rare use.
One thing to note for anyone that is going to intravenous barbiturates- for me, I always had little hard spots almost, rock like where the injection occurred:(looked like two or three nerd candies under my skin) I honestly can't remember my first dosage: but I could instantly taste it, bitter, like I had a penny on my tongue.
And there was no euphoria for me(first try): I couldn't talk, I just mummbled and drooled on my couch for what seemed like an eternity. Woke up about four hours later, and felt an urge to try again.

I just couldn't get over the grey area of shooting: and I'm terrified of needles...
(I always had my GF do it for me) and from draw, to injection was usually 20 minutes of me contemplating, and trying to kick the fear.

Last edited:
How would Gabapentin play in taking 400mg or pentobarbital?

I took 4 ~800mg. About 3 hours before

Man, enjoy every one of those pills. I had a vial from the early eighties, 50mg/mL, and I loved every last drop. No loss of potency after 30 years!