• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Felony murder: why a teenager who didn't kill anyone faces 55 years in jail

here, next to nobody is allowed to carry a gun, and very little people wish to have one.

because of this, most criminals do not own a gun (even illegally), and almost never are shootings happening. what do you think where the "illegal" guns and ammunition comes from? these weapons are "legally" produced at some point as well. in my opinion, the easier it is to obtain a gun, the easier it is for criminals to have one as well. the gun industry is making money off the black market.

and btw, using force in self defense is very well allowed here, and if you are allowed to have a gun, you can use it in self defense, but shooting some unarmed teenagers who were stupid enough to break into your house, and posed no threat to your health surely wouldn't count as self defense.

Last edited:
I'm from Austr(al)ia... I think some people from here just died over there recently in a snowboard accident, an avalanche.

Edit -

1 died, and 1 was seriously injured -

A 27-year-old Australian woman has died after she was caught in an avalanche in Austria, while a 30-year-old Australian man, reportedly her partner from Melbourne, was seriously injured.

Austrian media reported a group of four Australians were off-piste snowboarding in the Landeck district of Tyrol, in the country's west, when they were struck by a 150-metre wide avalanche.

The snowboarders were dragged about 500 metres across the snow, including over rocky surfaces.

yeah happens sometimes, usually when people go skiing in areas marked as "dangerous"

enough off topic though ;)

I live in this state. Had no idea about this law.

Kid was not directly responsible. 55 years is cruel. At this point Shariah law seems lenient. I'd give up a hand to be able to live my life..

With all due respect, some of you who are defending this decision are IDIOTS. He did not cause this. Something like this needs intent to warrant such a punishment.

At 16, first offense he deserves weekend jail time for 1 year, and probation for 1-3 years after/community service- but also during. Try to address the root. The kids were robbing to get money... Build the person up- show them how to make money. Give them the option to work extra, for money.

Last edited:
It seems the U.S. justice system always self-sabotages itself by never making serious changes to the law retroactive or nullifying convictions when it is found later that someone in the evidence lab had been falsifying data. It seems that private prison lobbies have manipulated every possible detail to make sure as many people are in their rape cages as possible. It is funny when "tough on crime" conservatives speak about their system as if it is exemplary when a shittier, more broken system simply does not exist in the western world. Sentences have now become arbitrary scams for cash.

Shoot first ask questions later - Incarcerate first ask questions later. Whoever believed in the whole innocent until proven guilty junk is living a lie (unless of course you have oodles and oodles of plata).

Funny because Austria produces a very popular gun thay are commonly used and obviously sold to the United States. The GLOCK. Whether they're all still produced there is pretty pointless even though they probably are, because you guys invented them. Hypocritical much?

I really can't see how their comments are hypocritical. The criticism of our distribution of firearms (or a criticism or Russia's distribution of firearms, for instance, although a more extreme case) is very apt. Where a firearm was invented certainly isn't grounds. It would seem more appropriate to respond to the ideas presented by a post here as opposed to the character of the person who posted them. And in Bagseed's case, they made a very, very good point in their post, presented in a very mature, thoughtful, largeminded way.

Then again, it's a lot easier to attack a person than it is their ideas sometimes... Like, "Oh, you're America, so you might know a lot about (American) football or guns but otherwise are a fucking dumbass; stupid Americans." Or, "Oh, you're French, you must be a pussy pussyface."

If you get drunk and drive and cause an accident that someone dies in, that is vehicular manslaughter, in my state you get 10 years for that.
This is similar to that in the sense that death would not have happened if the kid hadn't committed a crime (i.e home invasion)
but 55 years is far too excessive
I don't disagree that he should be tried as an adult tho, 16 is old enough to know you shouldn't break into someone's home...

i know this post is 2 years old but I'm gonna comment on it anyway. The boy was released at age 19. He's probably a lot more mature now but I wouldn't consider him an adult for a couple more years. I bet prison forced him to think a lot and grow up quite a bit. I hope he can find a job and I hope whatever judge let him out changed the charge to something less visibly shocking or else every employer isn't gonna give him a chance unless it's somebody like the pit bull lady that runs villa lobos she will give anybody a chance I feel like. I at least hope potential employers give him a chance everybody makes mistakes. Everybody except child molesters deserves a second chance. We are all sinners. And I hope he's found Jesus and believes in him if he does this he will always find a way to make it

Do you remember being 16 and thinking you knew everything I do but the truth is I was just as dumb as this kid and we all make mistakes. I was on probation from 14-until my 18tht birthday then within a week I was charged again this time for simple assault and again I thought I knew everything at 18. At 14 I was charged with numerous things like destruction of private property 2 different times verbal assault one of the destruction of private property was for stealing golf carts and rooting up the greens on that course doing over$ 300,000 of damage I actually got a felony for that one 3 felonies actually bit they were all dropped because we were dumb kids and the judge didn't want to ruin our future we got probation and had to pay their insurance deductible and some community service. I'm 30 now and I realize I didn't know anything about the real world or the consequences of my actions. If I could be 14 or 18 hell even 21 again and have the knowledge I possess now I would be in a totally different place and I would have not done all the stupid things I got caught for or the things I didn't get caught for because I realize now every time u break the law u are rolling the dice with your freedom. I could be in jail right now for at least 20 years for some of the things I got away with. I think for a jury to convict him on murder is ludicrous the kid key word here kid should have got a year in jail to think about his life then parole for a few years to make sure he doesn't relapse back to crime. Hell one of my friends killed another one of our friends and he only got 17 years so to give him 55 is ridiculous especially when he was in armed. I hope he can get an appeal and get out this is a violation of his constitutional rights of cruel and unusual punishment. Moral of this post most people are not mature enough at 16 or 18 to be make wise decisions. I think 21 should be legal adult age not 18

Last edited:
This happened here in Orange County as well, but it was three guys robbing a jewelry store. They were armed, though. Shop owner killed two of them, third guy survived and was subsequently charged with "felony murder" of his two fallen comrades.

But the big difference here is that these kids were unarmed.