• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Felony murder: why a teenager who didn't kill anyone faces 55 years in jail

I was talking about drink driving causing death. In this instance I dont think Jail time is warranted, but I certainly do not agree with shooting some unarmed kids before even checking. I'd hold the home owner semi responsible for the death.

I do not agree with shooting people dead who break into your house. I am totally against that. Maybe if they are armed and you really fear for your life, otherwise a baseball bat or knife should be enough to warn them off, if they come at you then go for it. If they leave great, call the cops and no one dies.

Well luckily most of the nation disagrees with you, in most states you have the right to defend your "castle". And many home invaders come with weapons on them, usually at least have break-in tools or a knife. Guns can be concealed. Knives can be concealed.
You see 3 guys in your home fucking with your shit who you don't know, you shoot. And you are fully within your rights.
It's a matter of personal safety.

I'm not trying to give burglars a free pass.

Not giving any prison time for burglary is giving them a free pass. If that happens, probation, rehabilitation, it doesn't matter, they got away with it.
That homeowner was lucky he was home, if he wasn't his valuables would have been stolen from his home. How would he feel if the kid didn't do some time?
that would be a disgrace to justice. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Lucky for me I dont live in America and we aren't gun crazy here. Alot of the time instead of using guns to sort something out we use our brains.

I'm 40 and I have NEVER seen 1 single gun, ever. Except for cops. And I've hung around plenty of dodgy drug dealers in my youth. I've lived in Australia's most populated city for 30 of those 40 years also.

Yeah you can probably protect your house here with force IF YOU have to, if there is no resort and you totally fear for your life, in the instance of this case it doesn't sound like the guy was threatened, he just came out guns blazing. I may be mistaken though.

Lucky for me I dont live in America and we aren't gun crazy here. Alot of the time instead of using guns to sort something out we use our brains.

I'm 40 and I have NEVER seen 1 single gun, ever. Except for cops. And I've hung around plenty of dodgy drug dealers in my youth. I've lived in Australia's most populated city for 30 of those 40 years also.

Yeah you can probably protect your house here with force IF YOU have to, if there is no resort and you totally fear for your life, in the instance of this case it doesn't sound like the guy was threatened, he just came out guns blazing. I may be mistaken though.

What about single women who live alone? Pepperspray? alot of good that'll do, seeing as sexual predators are usually (for obvious reasons) very resistant to it. And with Taser you get one shot, if you miss it's over. Guns are best for home defense.
You can't tell me they shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm to protect themselves and/or their children.
read this:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/okla-woman-shoots-kills-intruder911-operators-shoot/story?id=15285605
In America, we let women defend themselves with guns, in this case there was a weapon, but even if the intruder doesn't have a weapon you're still allowed to shoot. It doesn't take a weapon for a man to kill or rape someone.

1. 16 is old enough to know better than to break into someone's home. He made a stupid decision, and it cost his friend his life.
1.Didn't the friends own decision cost his own life?

THERE IS REASON so many minors are tried as adults- by 16 he was well aware what could happen.

2.So neither the possibility of getting shot or in trouble with the law deterred this person. How much crime does the threat of long sentences prevent?

I read online, this decision to break into a home was NOT made on a whim, they discussed it at length after their school day before doing it, not a "crime of opportunity" they checked several homes before picking one where they (mistakenly) thought nobody was home. He had plenty of time to think it through. and made the decision anyway.

3.Then possibly a adult conviction for B&E. But then society has the real chance of needing to deal with another lifelong institutionalized convict that will end up committing more crime and be in and out of the system.

2. Putting the kid in prison isn't going to help him, but actions have consequences. He chose to break into a home, steal some shit, and this is the result. He got unlucky, sure, but he put himself in the position to get unlucky by choice. He should have never been in there.

4.But he is serving time for murder. A murder he didn't plan or perform.

3. The homeowner wouldn't have shot the kid if they didn't break in. The act DID directly cause the killing.

5.The crime lead to the opportunity a killing, it allowed it to be possible. It did not cause the killing.

Point is, don't kick in someone's back door (look it up, that's what they did) if you don't wanna risk getting shot. If they had decided to get part-time jobs instead of robbing someone's house none of this would have happened.

6.True, but this does not justify being charged for something you never did.

I really wonder how it is normal that the house-owner just starts shooting before even assesing the situation.. here in Europe, he would be charged with murder...

Here in Americuh, it's called the 'make my day law'. We're a bunch of cowboys and love firearms, oh so much.

Keeps us safe8).. 'make my day law' is not politically correct, isn't it "stand your ground" ... piss politically correct.. MAKE MY DAY!

The worst is when someone gets totally plowed that lives in one of those cookie cutter neighborhoods where all the houses look the same and goes to the wrong house thinking its thiers.. key doesn't work.. drunk brain doesn't work.. breaks in BOOM. sad stuff.

I really wonder how it is normal that the house-owner just starts shooting before even assesing the situation.. here in Europe, he would be charged with murder...

When there's 3 guys who you don't know in your house who may have weapons on them, no time to assess.
Personal safety issue. You have to act first, or you could be dead.

You can't tell me they shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm to protect themselves and/or their children.

That's the law here, you can't no matter what sex you are.

Don't hate Iso, I just think we have a major problem with killing people in this country. ...and an obsession with guns.

That's the law here, you can't no matter what sex you are.

If anyone should be allowed to, women should be allowed to have guns to protect themselves.
Sexual predators and criminals build up resistance to pepperspray, after being sprayed a few times it doesn't work anymore.
Tasers only have one shot, u miss and it's over.
Even knives aren't good enough. My sister couldn't fight off a man even if she had a knife.

That's why my dad taught her to shoot. A restraining order is just a piece of paper.

Don't hate Iso, I just think we have a major problem with killing people in this country. ...and an obsession with guns.

I'm not obsessed. Many people aren't obsessed.
You don't have to be obsessed with guns to own one, or see the value in their ability to defend yourself and your family.

and i wasn't hating, you were with your weak comment implying people who like guns have southern accents lol

If anyone should be allowed to, women should be allowed to have guns to protect themselves.
Sexual predators and criminals build up resistance to pepperspray, after being sprayed a few times it doesn't work anymore.

You're going to have to source that.

Here in Americuh, it's called the 'make my day law'. We're a bunch of cowboys and love firearms, oh so much.

Don't like it, don't live here. America hate is so played out. If I wanted to start a pissing match I could easily say that Europeans are a bunch of cowards who are afraid of guns and defending themselves.