Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Not MXE 20mg oral / 20mg plugged - Experienced - "This is not MXE"

Listening

Bluelighter
Tested a substance that was sold as MXE from a "reputable" vendor. Being one of my favorite chemicals, and having been stone-cold-sober for the past four months (!), I was excited to give this new batch a try.

• 8:00 PM - Dosed 20mg oral
  • 8:30 PM - Starting to feel it coming on; surprised that it has hit me this quickly (MXE has usually taken 45 minutes to get started for me).
  • 9:00 PM - Feel the effects, but they are weak. Feels different from MXE. I'm very slightly dissociated, but I don't notice the tell-tale MXE vibe that I love.
  • 9:30 PM - I can watch a movie just fine on this stuff, and it feels mildly good, but nothing too interesting. This is a weird batch of MXE, I think. Maybe just not very potent? However, it's strangely sedating, whereas MXE has always been stimulating for me. Hmmm...
  • 10:00 PM - It's clear that this isn't going anywhere further (in fact the effects are minimal at this point).
  • 10:15 PM - Dose 20mg rectally. I've never done it before but have read that pluggin is wonderful for MXE. I figure that if this is just a weak batch, this should do the trick.
  • 10:30 PM - Feeling very dissociated now, but also feeling weird. No MXE vibe. This is strange and not 100% good. If I try to write, I can hardly string a sentence together.
  • 11:00 PM - Thinking coherent thoughts is not trivial (and not fun). I close my eyes and meditate and I am taken to an incredible alter world of tactile sensuous terrain. For about 15 minutes in deep meditation, there is nary a discursive thought. This was pretty much the only good part of the "trip".
  • 11:30 PM - Most of the good effects are gone, but I'm still very high in a weird way. I'm veeerrry slow to act on anything. It takes extreme effort to accomplish any task (in slow motion).
  • 12:00 AM - I'm 99.99% confident that this drug is not MXE. Whatever it is, it's weirdly both sedating and stimulating. I feel extremely sedated, but at the same time I'm worried about not being able to fall asleep.
  • 1:00 AM Can't sleep
  • 3:30 AM Finally fall asleep
  • 6:00 AM Wake up. Still feel stimulated. Lame.

This was a frustrating experience, to say the least. Then again, it could have been worse since the chemical, whatever it was, at least did not seem to feel dangerous (not that that means much).

I have now sent the chemical off for testing.

Last edited:
I've read people suggest MXP being sold as MXE, but I can't recall what the base to this theory was, nor was there any kind of 'proof' in the form of testing.

That being said, what I currently have as MXE doesn't quite fit the description as far as the effects I receive from it go, however a fellow BL member whom has sampled from this exact same baggy experiences slightly different effects from it, more in line with what one would expect from MXE.

My 2c. Obviously you 'know' what MXE 'should' feel like, but will we ever be able to say for certainty whether what you have now is MXE or not, let alone what you've had in the past that you've come to know as MXE.

Oral MXE always came on very rapidly....after using for a month or so I'd say almost immediately could feel it, hit all the way by 15 minutes

I've read people suggest MXP being sold as MXE... Obviously you 'know' what MXE 'should' feel like, but will we ever be able to say for certainty whether what you have now is MXE or not, let alone what you've had in the past that you've come to know as MXE.

Yea, I agree in theory, however:

• "I've read people suggest MXP being sold as MXE": I've tried MXP a few times. Even though it wasn't great, it was more like MXE than this stuff.

• "will we ever be able to say for certainty": That's exactly why I want to get it properly tested. I'm willing to believe that maybe this was simply a "bad synth" of MXE or something... But we won't really know until the actual material is analyzed.

• "let alone what you've had in the past": Yea, I've thought of that too. However, what I've had in the past (many many times) was one the most magical and healing drugs I've ever encountered, and this one was downright boring. I think I can rest assured that the first was MXE. :)

I can't believe that on a harm-reduction website as grand as Bluelight, no one can recommend where to send material for analysis?

Last edited:
I've never sent analysis myself, but I bet people in PD would know.

Try ecstasydata.org it's state side but I'm not familiar with Canadian testing facilities. It will likely cost $100 to have tested as its a powder but will show all active chemicals.

Try ecstasydata.org it's state side but I'm not familiar with Canadian testing facilities. It will likely cost $100 to have tested as its a powder but will show all active chemicals.

Hey thanks for the advice. This is indeed what I ended up doing as it appears to be (by far) the cheapest option. Now waiting for results.

Yet Another Fruitless Guessing Game of What Did You Take

Taking a new batch for the first time. Allergy test? Harm reduction?

Note- Don't do what the OP did, namely, never take a new RC without harm reduction in mind.

I am fairly experienced with 3-meo-pcp, i've used from two batches, recently opened a third pack from the same dealer. Started with allergy test, followed a few days later with threshold dose.

If something was unusual in comparison to several dozen previous uses, i wouldnt have redosed so soon using a more direct ROA as the OP did. Fortunately it was not as bad as it might have been.

As previously stated, there is no way for a forum thread to determine what the OP took. That horse has left the barn.

Yessss! Guaranteed that plugging 20 mg of 3-meo-pcp would send you into manic blissitude.

Akbar, I actually agree 100% with what you've stated. However, a few notes just to set the record straight and to try defend myself as being slightly less of an idiot than I may appear to be:

As I had mentioned in the OP, I received this "new" batch several months ago. What I didn't mention is that, way back when I received it, I:

#1) Did an allergy test (which for me is usually about 1mg, followed by a subsequent test of about 5mg the next day)

#2) Actually tried the stuff once back then with a "full dose" at about 30 mg oral. I had the same underwhelming experience, those many months ago, as I did in the first (oral) part of this trip report. At the time I figured it was just "weak" MXE or a set/setting issue.

#3) I wasn't asking anyone to help me guess what I took.

I posted this mostly as a warning that, even with a reputable vendor, "these things happen."

Be careful out there.

My experience last year was that MXE had become impossible to purchase. A friend and I tried constantly to get our hands on some, and every source bar one (who only supplied MXE the first time, with subsequent purchases being a substitute) ended up with what we suspected was either MXP or Diphenidine, going off trip reports we'd read. The "main" effects had roughly the same duration and potency as MXE, but it lacked the 'immersive' effect of MXE, instead inducing a strong amnesia which made us completely non-functional (literally hours of time would disappear from our memory, the only reason we knew we hadn't passed out was because we were still sitting up and had occasionally managed to move a little), and had a strong stimulating aftereffect several times worse than MXE (with MXE it felt like having had a bit too much caffeine, with the substitute, it felt more like having been injected with a dirty batch of speed).