• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Tobacco Mega Thread v. 01

Changa707

Bluelighter
Tobacco Mega thread v. 01

I think it's about time for a mega thread that is dedicated to tobacco, a plant with a long history of ethnobotanical significance. Sadly many individuals at the Cannabis forum discriminate against tobacco use, and so it is difficult to find information for people like me who using tobacco and cannabis together, but I am also interested in indigenous reasons for consuming tobacco products.

There seems to be little information on dosages/methods for consuming (alternative) tobacco admixtures intranassaly, orally, inhaled, IV, IM etc....

Many don't know that N. Americans used to consume tobacco not as a recreational substance, but rather a an empathogen.

---
]
Given its long history, tobacco use in the United States has become a complex and heavily culturally coded activity. Today's dominantly negative image of tobacco and cigarette smoking, based on abundant scientific evidence of health hazards, has shifted dramatically from the widely-accepted sanguine portrayals of mid-twentieth-century marketing.

While tobacco is now viewed as a public health menace in industrial societies, it is considered the principal plant ally of traditional shamans throughout the Americas. Consequently, the visionary properties of unprocessed tobacco leaves are sometimes romanticized--although infrequently explored--by non-indigenous psychonauts. And yet, while the use of large doses of tobacco for ritual purposes was certainly a part of native life in North America, heavy, chronic use that might be characterized as dependency by modern standards was equally evident in some tribes.

The visionary properties of unprocessed tobacco leaves are infrequently explored — by non-indigenous psychonauts....so this thread is a great chance for people to share information they have regarding the psychonauts approach to tobacco use.

Regardless of cultural context or method of administration, nicotine has its own trajectory and distinct psychoactive effects. For millions of regular smokers, the ubiquitous "smoke break" represents an interruption in the day's routine where a potent drug, with clear cognition- and mood-enhancing effects, is delivered to their brains.

The same can be said for regular tobacco chewers and cigar or pipe smokers. But once users become physically dependent, they rarely use tobacco simply for the psychoactive effects. Instead, it becomes integrated into a deeply habituated behavior laden with cultural, psychological, and pharmacological motivations that have little to do with strong changes in consciousness.

Given the pervasive stereotypes surrounding cigarette smoking and other forms of tobacco use, it can be difficult to find a meaningful way to use nicotine specifically for its consciousness-altering properties. We've collected some examples below that illustrate different approaches to tobacco and isolated nicotine, some radically removed from more common forms of use.

Source Article from Erowid. By Spoon https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/nicotine/nicotine_article1.shtml

I recall reading in an old book about Gordon Wasson that one of his students now lives in South America and has been using pharmaceutical intranasal nicotine solutions/nebulizers to achieve a very unique psychedelic expereince that was not freightening.
I believe he used something like 16 mg in one inhale. The effects would come on fast. I am really having a hard time remembering who the guy was...but I know he was a mycologist who experimented a lot with bufotenin....maybe someone here will know who im talking about? ...maybe if it rings a bell, this guy's house was burned down by arsonists in S. America and he lost his life's collection and works in the fire before moving back to the states.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tobacco does not only contain nicotine, but also other alkaloids, including harmine (a harmala alkaloid that is a MAOI).

Anyone done experiments with different ratios of nicotine and harmine in electronic cigarettes? What did you enjoy the most?

Can't comment on e-cigs. But smoking a fat bowl of tobacco or tobacco & weed out of a bong in the morning when your tolerance dropped over night...... fewf!

Talk about a bell ringer. It's addicting though. But if you ever want to experience a rush.... e cigs just don't cut it. There are MAOIs in tobacco that make the nicotine more effective I believe.

does that say IVing tobbaco??? jesus, i hope i never come across that in my life... i already enjoy rubbin snuff n smoking too much (been awhile since i had some snuff... mmm mouths watering thinkin about it and before you knock it atleast smell some skoal citrus blend, shit tastes like gummy bears...)

I've chewed Copenhagen snuff for years: I never get a buzz of any tobacco nowadays(I don't smoke, but I feel no buzz off a cigarette)- I wouldn't say I'm addicted, I take breaks here and there, sometimes I'll dip 2-3 cans a day, on the other hand I can go a week or more without a single chew. It varies on mood, personally.
When I do chew, I keep a dip in all the time. some like to indulge in morning coffee / cigarette. I throw in a hogleg.

I've always been a big, big believer on oral hygiene- it will save your gums and I haven't noticed any ill effects from my years of chewing.

Also, I find it good practice to hydrate while dipping, and keeping a wet, salivated mouth.

Normally I gut (Swallow the juice), and I must add, I find it very odd not many dippers do this regularly. The only side affects I've encountered is mild heartburn but that's rare.

I was not aware of tobacco's empathogenic effects. Interesting...

I've always been a big, big believer on oral hygiene- it will save your gums and I haven't noticed any ill effects from my years of chewing.

Also, I find it good practice to hydrate while dipping, and keeping a wet, salivated mouth.

Normally I gut (Swallow the juice), and I must add, I find it very odd not many dippers do this regularly. The only side affects I've encountered is mild heartburn but that's rare.

I have "gutted" my chew juice as well and felt like it gave me a stronger nicotine buzz. I didn't feel any side effects, but I have witnessed many friends vomit due to accidentally swallowing the juice. I guess it all depends on the strength of one's stomach.

I've chewed Copenhagen snuff for years: I never get a buzz of any tobacco nowadays(I don't smoke, but I feel no buzz off a cigarette)- I wouldn't say I'm addicted, I take breaks here and there, sometimes I'll dip 2-3 cans a day, on the other hand I can go a week or more without a single chew. It varies on mood, personally.
When I do chew, I keep a dip in all the time. some like to indulge in morning coffee / cigarette. I throw in a hogleg.

what the fuck man? you not only swallow the juice but dip 2-3 cans a day... of cope??? and you never notice your gums getin all fucked up??

i use to only rub snuff (in one spot) and one day i noticed my tooth moved the littlest bit and kinda freaked and started smoking and or moving the dip around my mouth alot more... but still, jesus, i almost wana call bullshit on ya but ive seen so many other ppl dip like that i dont doubt ya...

I know it's hard to believe for some, and it seems like an insane amount of dip in one day: but my average chaw size is about 1/3rd of the can. If I am placing the pinch in my normal spot.
left cheek, basically from the molar to the center of my bottom lip. (switching places is good for letting irritation subside / heal) I switch through out the day.

here's a usual day.
-first pinch goes in the normal spot,
dip it for about three-four hours (adding filller pinches when need be)
-once the majority becomes to soggy, and the taste becomes bitter I throw it out.
-Directly after, I do the same amount, except on the other side- and repeat this process throughout the day (side to side)
-sometimes I'll throw in upper deckers or a horseshoe: but that's generally in the summer while out in the fields, and not having to talk to anyone.

Can't say I've ever noticed any harm to my gums (fine cut is easier on your gums, and being non flavored, there's not as much sugar, or additives) ie: Grizzly wintergreen- the reason most people feel the "burn" is from from the jagged and rough cut Grizzly uses (LC) plus, whatever that awful artificial flavorings used.

^ thats pretty absurd about the horse shoe... smh.. and i threw up a little bit thinkin about wintergreen... that shits nasty