Writing-up Do you purchase on the Internet?

jordanthomas933

Greenlighter
Hi there,

I am currently researching into drugs that are purchased over the Internet, and the awareness of them possibly being counterfeit. As a part of my research I am carrying out a survey, which is 100% confidential. I require a minimum of 300 responses on this in order to get a reliable set of results and would appreciate anyone taking 2 minutes of their time to fill this in for me, and passing it onto friends and family.

Many thanks in advance for your participation.

https://bournemouth.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/life-styleproducts

Hi, welcome to Bluelight. Thanks for posting your study.

Could you please add a little bit more information, e.g. your name and institution, ethics approval, approximate open and close dates for the study, etc. as per our forum guidelines which you can read here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/345977-Forum-Guidelines

Some more information about this study.

Welcome to the Investigation into the purchase of Lifestyle Products from the Internet Survey.

Counterfeit lifestyle products (medicines, cosmetics, vitamins) represent a significant health and public concern; especially if they subsequently lead to serious health consequences. Lifestyle products are the most frequently bought items online. However, the extent of purchasing these products online and its level of harm on consumers are still under-researched worldwide and specifically in the UK.

Therefore, the aim of this questionnaire is to investigate the extent of purchasing lifestyle products online. In addition, the questionnaire aims to examine the participants' awareness of the potential hazards which could happen due to uncontrolled use of online pharmacies and products purchased via them. Your participation is entirely voluntary. There is no right or wrong answer and I am interested in your own personal experiences and point of views. The identities of all participants will remain strictly confidential and it will not be possible to identify any individual. The overall aim of the study is to make recommendations to reduce the risks of uncontrolled use of online pharmacies. This questionnaire should take around 15 minutes.

So much stress on 'confidentiality'..... dear me! Remember, we aren't as paranoid as you are, officer...

That survey seemed bad at some points, scale of 1-10 of how bad I think buying counterfeit products off the internet, there are many sites some more reputable than others the survey seemed too general IMO

i'm not meaning to critical in a negative way I just think that you've tried to put into black and white what is essentially a huge grey area, I rated it 5 on the scale for sake of going for an average score but honestly it depends what counterfeit product i'm buying, if I'm buying aspirin that turn out to be sugar pills than i'd give it a 1 if i'm buying MDMA that turns out to be PMA than it's obvioulsy going to be higher, I apologise for the criticisim, I doubt I could do better myself just pointing out that the overrall result of this survey might not reflect peoples attitudes on the subject as accurately as they could do

Last edited:
Completed it; don't think it was a very clear or good survey; generalization in many questions and many were just not very clear. I gave detailed long answers though because I was bored anyway. I hope my answers were relevant to your questions as I stated I didn't find all of them very clear, but that's why I gave very detailed answers so they should still be useful I think.

As others have said, it's not a good survey. In some cases you have to choose either "yes" or "no", when the real answer is "in some cases yes, in some cases no". Or upon answering "no" in one question, you are forced to answer some following questions that only make sense if your first answer was "yes".

reputable drug marketplaces can only be found on the deep web, unless you have an actual prescription, in which case why not just use a pharmacy. said marketplaces have feedback options available just like ebay and amazon. so if you're worried about the potential for something to be counterfeit, always check the feedback, if someone has received a counterfeit product you can be rest assured they will let it be known. not to mention the fact that these marketplace admins don't allow the sale of counterfeit product once there's obvious probability.

I buy on the internet purely because i moved to bournemouth a year ago and dont have any reliable sources for weed....crack and smack is real easy to get though! I only buy pot online for that reason. Ultimately its more expensive, quite alot of hassle with bitcoins etc and theres always the risk of it getting lost in the post or an exit scam. I'd much rather get a good source locally that i can visit at the drop of a hat without having to organise it 4 or 5 days in advance which is the worst part. Lets face it, when we get the urge for a smoke we want it there and then, not in 5 days time after spending an hour on a darknet site sorting it out.........SO IF ANYBODY WOULD LIKE TO OFFER ME A SOLUTION TO THIS PREDICAMENT PLEASE PM ME. I'D CERTAINLY APPRECIATE IT. YOU KNOW WHAT IM DRIVING AT GUYS. HELP A FELLOW STONER OUT AND EARN SOME KARMA POINTS! :)
PS. IM 10 MILES OUT OF BOURNEMOUTH AND HAVE TRANSPORT. CHEERS.