• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

12 people OD on molly at Wesleyan

During the prohibition of alcohol the FBI used to spike the drinks of people who wanted to drink alcohol in order to taint the use of alcohol and make it seem worse than it was. This isn't a theory it has been proven.

It's right in the beginning. read again, they found 4 capsules that tested positive for MDMA. I cant copy/paste it because it's a picture of a piece of paper.

Oh, you must be referring to paragraph 13 of the first affidavit. If you would have read further, you would know that those capsules only "field tested" positive for MDMA and that they were taken to a state lab, where they were found not to contain MDMA or any other known psychoactive substance. The only identifiable drug found in Olson's room was 5-MeO-MIPT.

I really hope no one took 270 mg 5-meo-mipt. (Just putting the dose i saw and the chemical he had together I could be totally wrong infact I hope I am because that would be an awful way to go)

I we t to ISU 2 years ago (where wesleyan gets most of its drugs anyways) and the sale of rcs as legitimate substances was out of control i estimate taking around upwards of 6mg of some nbome sold as lsd because I wasnt the wiser. I even had 2 friends have seizures on uknown chems(not trying to knock something without exact knowledge ofwhat it was) people need to advertise products for what they are so people dont go stupid with dosages like i did thinking its safe..

Edit *i was refering to the wrong wesleyan, my point still stands though*

Last edited:
Molly is methylone the news would not choose to confuse the world over diction. Surely they thing methylone isn't known enough to be socially relevant, so went with ambiguous term. This based on two blogs that misuse the term as there source. Mdma is becoming as easy to get as qualludes. We will tell are kids about it, the good old days when ecstasy was mdma. Plus I can't see thAt many people using absurd terminology of the news.. Do they call herion horse, fire, montaga- sorry don't speak Spanish, or say a man arrested for 3 kilos of soft ball.No. I bet the use of any future chemicals on my part will be given to the poor if it was mdma. And will give up being a blue lighter and start over.

People in stone houses shouldn't throw glass.
Potter
laa

giphy.gif

Molly is methylone the news would not choose to confuse the world over diction. Surely they thing methylone isn't known enough to be socially relevant, so went with ambiguous term. This based on two blogs that misuse the term as there source. Mdma is becoming as easy to get as qualludes. We will tell are kids about it, the good old days when ecstasy was mdma. Plus I can't see thAt many people using absurd terminology of the news.. Do they call herion horse, fire, montaga- sorry don't speak Spanish, or say a man arrested for 3 kilos of soft ball.No. I bet the use of any future chemicals on my part will be given to the poor if it was mdma. And will give up being a blue lighter and start over.

People in stone houses shouldn't throw glass.
Potter
laa
Not sure if that was to me but no molly is not supposed to be methylone don't know how you would get that idea??
Socially relevant or not words have meanings and saying that they mean what they don't helps no one. Also I don't get the qualudes reference mdma is everywhere if your not a retard and test your shit. People get methylone instead of mdma because they are not educated. Like really it wouldn't even have gotten here if people had educated themselves on drugs they ingest.

A fifth student has now been charged
Abhimanyu Janamanchi, 21, of Rockville, Md., turned himself in to Middletown police Friday morning on charges of two counts of distribution of a hallucinogen, two counts of possession of a hallucinogen, possession of a controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell.
The warrant says witnesses told police Janamanchi provided them with Molly they took on Feb. 21, and that police found capsules with what appeared to be four different powdery substances in his belongings and in his room in the next day while investigating the overdoses.

According to another article he was one of the students hospitalized and had to be resuscitated, which explains why he was only arrested now.
Police said he gave the substance to three people. They, along with himself, were among those hospitalized.
"They did bring him back and resuscitate him," attorney Christian Young, who is representing Janamanchi, said.
Investigators said Janamanchi, who was known to sell Molly and pot, provided two friends with one capsule, while taking two himself.

Not sure if that was to me but no molly is not supposed to be methylone don't know how you would get that idea??
Socially relevant or not words have meanings and saying that they mean what they don't helps no one. Also I don't get the qualudes reference mdma is everywhere if your not a retard and test your shit. People get methylone instead of mdma because they are not educated. Like really it wouldn't even have gotten here if people had educated themselves on drugs they ingest.

According to a recent DEA statement, only 13% of the molly seized in the U.S. lately even contains MDMA, so how can you say that "MDMA is everywhere"?
Do you test your gear?
Also, just because you're young and still have good drug hookups doesn't mean that someone who doesn't is a "retard." That's just a retarded thing for you to say yourself.
Getting MDMA in England or California is a lot easier than scoring on the East Coast, for example.

From a CNN report on 9 things every one should know about molly. They state, "The DEA says only 13% of the Molly seized in New York state the last four years actually contained any MDMA, and even then it often was mixed with other drugs." The DEA also states "heroin is commonly found in ecstasy." Sezuires of pure MDMA have dropped over the past 6 years. From 5,377 pounds in 2008 to 954 in 2012. They conclude people are taking other drugs more often and mixing them to produce "molly". Unfortunately the popularity of molly has only increased. I didn't believe it at first but to me it looks like the once purer slang term for powdered MDMA or MDA/MDMA mixtures are now more often not so pure.

Last edited:
According to a recent DEA statement, only 13% of the molly seized in the U.S. lately even contains MDMA, so how can you say that "MDMA is everywhere"?
Do you test your gear?
Also, just because you're young and still have good drug hookups doesn't mean that someone who doesn't is a "retard." That's just a retarded thing for you to say yourself.
Getting MDMA in England or California is a lot easier than scoring on the East Coast, for example.
because 87% of people think molly means white powder. It's still supposed to be mdma. Yes I do test my gear and no I'm not with the teenies selling their bunk. It is everywhere not retarded to say what I did yeah some places more than others but still.

I finally found an article that mentioned what the drug the students took actually was.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/22/wesleyan-students-charges-molly_n_7423712.html

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) -- Two people have been indicted on federal charges for the distribution of synthetic party drugs at Wesleyan University that sent 11 people to hospitals in February, prosecutors said Friday.
The defendants, Zachary Kramer, 21, of Bethesda, Maryland, and Eric Lonergan, 22, of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, were among five Wesleyan students already arrested on state charges in connection with the on-campus drug overdoses.
"Our hope is that this prosecution puts to bed the misperception that synthetic drugs are harmless party drugs," said state U.S. Attorney Deirdre Daly.

The overdoses hit the campus in Middletown one weekend in late February, and one student's case was so severe, he had to be revived after his heart stopped beating. Authorities said the drug was presented as Molly, a popular name for the euphoria-inducing stimulant MDMA.
Testing on the drugs distributed in February revealed they actually contained AB Fubinaca, a synthetic cannabinoid, prosecutors said.

Kramer and Lonergan face charges including distribution of AB Fubinaca and conspiracy to distribute MDMA and AB Fubinaca. Each carries a maximum prison term of 20 years and a fine of up to $1 million. The duo is also charged with distribution of MDMA within 1,000 feet of a private college.

This is very interesting in light of a recent ecstasydata result where someone was sold "molly" that also turned out to be AB-FUBINACA. I assume that there is a RC vendor somewhere that sent out AB-FUBINACA instead of Methylone or Ethylone.

Because of new precursors and synth teks there is currently a global glut of MDMA ..... it is more abundant than ever , cheaper , and being dosed more strongly than in the past in the pills , caps , etc - meanwhile , the kids consume them at the same rates as previously but at heavier doses .

The only problem with the data is that serum drug analysis by a hospital/clinical lab does not look for every RC imaginable. just a small subset of popular drugs. i doubt they even test for nbome.

if the serum was later cent to a medical examinar/city toxicologist. maybe they looked for exotic drugs there. but the hospital....NO WAY

but 270 mg in one capsule is enough to kill a small girl in some cases in one dose i would think if shit went bad.

I finally found an article that mentioned what the drug the students took actually was.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/22/wesleyan-students-charges-molly_n_7423712.html

This is very interesting in light of a recent ecstasydata result where someone was sold "molly" that also turned out to be AB-FUBINACA. I assume that there is a RC vendor somewhere that sent out AB-FUBINACA instead of Methylone or Ethylone.

they all ate about 200X the dose of AB fubinaca crystals? holy shit. such stupidity. this kid would give out capsules to everyone without ever having tried it himself?

RollingStone just published an article about the overdoses.

Not much new information, though it talks about the police and university investigation. It seems to have been pretty heavy handed.

Colleges and universities routinely struggle with the difficult decision of when to involve police," says Wesleyan's spokesperson, Lauren Rubenstein. "Wesleyan endeavors to do so where it believes it is necessary to protect the health and safety of its community members." No arrests had been made after the hospitalizations in September, but the February situation appeared more critical. "The events of February 21-22 were highly unusual for Wesleyan," Rubenstein says. "We cooperated fully with law enforcement throughout." Almost immediately, Middletown police worked to gather information from those hospitalized.

One of the students they spoke to was Sarah, a junior biology major who asked that I withhold her last name. Sarah says that, among her high school friends, she was "always the designated driver." Before Wesleyan, she had tried marijuana, but never anything harder. "I didn't really feel I was old enough or mature enough to do them in high school," she says. But when she got to Wesleyan, she met people who had taken harder drugs. "The environment was much more comfortable to try it," she tells me. In her sophomore year, she slowed down, but that February weekend, Sarah decided to roll.
She remembers it as a typical enough night—stopping by different parties, seeing different groups of friends. At about five in the morning, she began to feel extremely ill. "I started throwing up, I was pale, I had blurry vision, I was sweating, I was having chest pain," she says. "My arm went numb." In late morning, she was still in bed when Kramer, a close friend, came to her room and told her through tears that Janamanchi had gone to the hospital. He insisted on driving Sarah to the hospital, too. By the time she was given a room at Middlesex, several other Wesleyan students had come in. When a nurse asked if she had taken Molly, she replied that she had. "At that point," she says, "they pumped me full of fluids through an IV."

Not two hours later, Sarah says, two detectives came to her hospital-side. "My first reaction was to try to be as helpful as possible," she tells me. "Then they were like, 'Who gave it to you?' And at that point I decided to stay quiet. They were like, 'You're not going to tell us, you don't know?' And I was like, 'I'm sorry, I can't say anything.' And then they were like, 'Do you know those two boys, the boys who went to Hartford [Hospital]?' And I was like, 'Yeah,' because they were some of my good friends. And they were like, 'Well, if they die, their blood is on your hands.'"

Sarah was discharged on Monday morning. Around 10:30 p.m. that evening, a Middletown police detective and a Wesleyan Public Safety officer came to her dorm, brought her to the Public Safety headquarters, and sat her in a room with a detective (not the same detective who had been at the hospital). "She starts the conversation with," Sarah says, "'Look, we're prosecuting anyone that doesn't cooperate.'"
Law enforcement had begun to develop a picture of what might have occurred Saturday night: Zachary Kramer, with the help of distributors, supplied the drugs that caused the hospitalizations. When the police detective scribbled down a statement for Sarah to sign, she stepped away to call her parents. Sarah is first-generation American; neither of her parents attended high school or college in the United States. The entire ordeal, she says, "was so foreign to them that they were just completely shocked for a very long time, and very disappointed." She told her father that a detective was encouraging her to sign a statement she had not written, and that she didn't think she should sign. "'Don't say another word,'" he told her. She went back to the room and told the detective, "I need a lawyer."

Sarah says the detective grew visibly upset. (Lieutenant Heather Desmond of the Middletown Police Department declined to comment.) "She was like, 'We're going to issue the arrest warrants tonight,'" Sarah says. "And I was like, 'It's midnight, where are you going to find a judge who's going to issue the arrest warrant for something that I haven't even really done?'"

One of the students arrested has plead guilty.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/48469362-story

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP)-- A former Wesleyan University student pleaded guilty Thursday to a federal drug charge stemming from on-campus overdoses that sent 11 people to hospitals earlier this year.
Zachary Kramer of Bethesda, Maryland, pleaded guilty in federal court in New Haven to conspiracy to possess and distribute the synthetic party drug MDMA — known as Molly — and synthetic marijuana.
Kramer is scheduled to be sentenced Feb. 10. Prosecutors are recommending one year to 18 months in prison.
Prosecutors said 10 Wesleyan students and another person overdosed in February after taking what they thought was Molly they got from people supplied by Kramer, but tests showed it contained AB Fubinaca, a synthetic cannabinoid. Two students nearly died, including one who had to be revived when his heart stopped beating. Synthetic drugs have been blamed for numerous overdoses across the country.
Kramer and fellow Wesleyan student Eric Lonergan, of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, were arrested on federal charges and expelled from the college because of overdoses in February and last year. Lonergan is expected to plead guilty Nov. 23, according to court documents. Two other students were arrested on state charges that remain pending.
"It was the right thing to do," Kramer's lawyer, William Dow III, said about the guilty plea. "We're looking forward to the day of sentencing where we can show the judge how much this young man has progressed since these events occurred. He's matured. He's got better judgment."
Authorities said Lonergan began selling Molly on and around the Wesleyan campus in November 2013, charging $200 per gram. Prosecutors said Kramer began selling Molly to Wesleyan students in the summer of 2014, buying the drug from Lonergan. Around December 2014, Kramer replaced Lonergan as the primary seller of Molly on campus, prosecutors said.
In September 2014, several students overdosed and were hospitalized after taking what they thought was Molly that they had obtained from Lonergan, authorities said. Tests showed the drugs they took contained AB Fubinaca and an MDMA-related substance.

Wonder if the Brazilian kid handed him over, sounds like he was replaced as the Molly connec on campus..

I've seen reports of px1 and xlr-11 iirc being pressed into xan bars or sold as Alp...there are some actual fucking idiots out there. Good no one died but still with the dnms these days you can source lab tested pressed "super pills" with 200mgs+ and still end up in the hospital if you don't observe the most basic of hr steps....smh.

I finally found an article that mentioned what the "MDMA-related substance" was.

http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2015/11/16/wesleyan-drug-distributor-pleads-guilty/

A former Wesleyan University student pled guilty in a New Haven federal court Thursday to charges of distributing synthetic drugs.
The student, Zachary Kramer, pled guilty to charges of distribution and conspiracy to possess with the intent to distribute MDMA, commonly known as Molly. Kramer’s charges stem from a monthslong investigation into the distribution of controlled substances that caused multiple Wesleyan students to overdose in February of this year, according to a press release from U.S. Attorney’s Office spokesman Tom Carson. Kramer began purchasing and reselling Molly to students at Wesleyan in September 2014. He was arrested on federal charges May 22 and released on bond the same day, the press release stated. The maximum term of imprisonment that Kramer faces is 20 years as well as a maximum fine of $1 million, but his sentence is subject to change pending sentencing next February.
“The defendant acknowledges that he is entering into this agreement and is pleading guilty freely and voluntarily because he is guilty,” Kramer’s plea reads.
Deirdre Daly, U.S. attorney for the district of Connecticut, and Robert Spector, assistant U.S. attorney for the district of Connecticut, submitted Kramer’s indictment on May 21. According to the indictment, 11 individuals — 10 of whom were Wesleyan students — overdosed on Feb. 21 on what they believed was Molly, but was actually AB Fubinaca, a Schedule I controlled substance. According to the Drug Enforcement Administration, Schedule I controlled substances are considered the most dangerous class of drugs because of their high potential for abuse and the potential for severe dependence.
According to the indictment, two of the students who overdosed were judged to be in critical condition, and one of the students had to be revived after his heart stopped. All of the students obtained the drug through distributors whom Kramer directly supplied, the indictment said.
Kramer supplied controlled substances to a number of other distributors. Though he and many of the distributors destroyed the drugs they had in their possession, the Middletown Police Department managed to seize a sample of the substance from one of the distributors in February. The toxicology report indicates that the substance did not contain MDMA. But Kramer will be held accountable for the amount of substance he supposed to be MDMA that he intended to distribute, the indictment said.
Arrest warrants were issued for three other students alongside Kramer. Only two of these students, including Kramer, face federal charges.
Before Kramer became the primary supplier of Molly at Wesleyan, he distributed illegal substances to students after buying them from Eric Lonergan, another former Wesleyan student who was indicted for similar crimes. Lonergan began buying and selling the drugs in November 2013, according to his indictment.
Before the February 2015 incident, Lonergan sold a substance to a group of students in September of last year, several of whom subsequently had adverse reactions within 15 minutes of ingestion. Afterwards he sent some buyers a video of him testing the substance to prove that it was MDMA. But a toxicology report on a sample of that batch of drugs sent in by one of the buyers indicated that the substance did not contain MDMA. The test showed that the substance was a combination of AB Fubinaca and 6-MAPB, an uncontrolled substance analogous to MDMA.

Lonergan’s plea hearing is scheduled for Nov. 23 before Judge Joan Margolis.

I suspected that it was a X-(M)APB RC as the initial indictment mentioned the presence of test kits in several of the search rooms. Unfortunately X-(M)APB chems react the same as MDMA to a marquis test. If Lonergan had listened to the initial complaints about his product rather than believing in the infallibility of his test kit and supplier this all could have been avoided.

Do you test your gear?

Because it is every where.
Retarded to argue that this isn't soully because people don't test there substances.
Nothing to do with age just gotta know what your doing playa.