• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

12 people OD on molly at Wesleyan

Trying2Iso

Bluelighter
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-wesleyan-students-molly-overdose-20150223-story.html

one news source claims it was tested as Methylone
But Fox and LA times claim it was MDMA

either way maybe it's time for a new name for MDMA seeing as the media is railroading "molly"
Molly has been too associated with mephedrone, MDPV, and methylone anyway.

if people don't learn HR and keep getting on the news for getting too fucked up, mdma won't even get a chance at being legal for PTSD treatment.

I couldn't read. Only by subscription/ Can't sign in..
anyway, it looks like a tragedy to me!

one news source claims it was tested as Methylone
But Fox and LA times claim it was MDMA

either way maybe it's time for a new name for MDMA seeing as the media is railroading "molly"
Molly has been too associated with mephedrone, MDPV, and methylone anyway.

Any term we come up with for MDMA will eventually refer to all empathogenic stimulants. Most people just can't tell the difference and even fewer care, so over time the terms that were originally specific for MDMA end up referring to anything MDMA-like. From an HR standpoint I think the best bet is to say MDMA when you mean MDMA, slang always introduces ambiguity.

yes most definitely molly no longer means pure MDMA. It's been stepped on far too much and stigmatized. Molly is basically ecstasy in capsule form now. Why don't they just start crushing X pills n putting em in caps...

I cannot see how so many people could OD on either pure MDMA or methylone unless each of them took a massively stupid amount. Surely it was adulterated with something else?

I cannot see how so many people could OD on either pure MDMA or methylone unless each of them took a massively stupid amount. Surely it was adulterated with something else?

IDk cuz college kids party hard. MDMA can put u in the hospital if you take too much, esp. if you aren't drinking enough water

^Yeah but 12 people in one night?? That's crazy..... I'm guessing it was not in fact pure MDMA. Never listen to the news channels though they'll be calling it molly even after autopsies are released.

^Yeah but 12 people in one night?? That's crazy..... I'm guessing it was not in fact pure MDMA. Never listen to the news channels though they'll be calling it molly even after autopsies are released.

first newss source said it was methylone.
FOX said it was mdma but they (as a right-winged media) have a thing against MDMA they've reported against the mdma for ptsd thing... so they're biased.
it was probably methylone which is easier to od on because it takes high doses to achieve an mdma-like experience which increases risk of negative side effects

A better title would be, "Twelve People OD on Unknown Mystery Powder Masquerading as MDMA Gelcapped Trail Mix Possible Drug Cocktail at Wesleyan."

A better title would be, "Twelve People OD on Unknown Mystery Powder Masquerading as MDMA Gelcapped Trail Mix Possible Drug Cocktail at Wesleyan."

4 students were recently arrested and charged for MDMA
11 of the kids were treated for MDMA overdose and 1 was treated for alcohol overdose, reducing the number of ODs to 11.
I'm surprised to hear it was MDMA but if they weren't drinking enough water then it could explain it

What do we actually know about these "Molly" overdoses in CT?
[...] with all of the information that we actually know from these articles, the story can be reported in another, more honest way...

At least a dozen people on the Wesleyan University campus in Connecticut were sent to the hospital with unreported symptoms due to ingesting an unknown substance (only described as the generic moniker Molly) in an unknown dosage. Nothing more is known at this time and nothing will be known until drug chemistry tests on any substance seized and/or toxicology analyses on blood or urine is completed.

Until then, "You know nothing, Jon Snow!"
http://dosemakespoison.blogspot.ca/2015/02/what-do-we-actually-know-about-these.html

skull-and-bones.bmp
The Dose Makes The Poison.
Whatever it was, I believe it was something different. 11 at once in one place. It does not normally happen every day. True, it could be anything but IMO it was more than just alcohol. Something dangerous maybe..

Last edited:
This is f.. Horrible. I have kids and this made me really, really worried. Keep thinking how else we can do to make sure they don't follow bad examples without being hypocritical..I feel sorry for all the parents going through this..

This is f.. Horrible. I have kids and this made me really, really worried. Keep thinking how else we can do to make sure they don't follow bad examples without being hypocritical..I feel sorry for all the parents going through this..

teach harm reduction.
I don't know this but i'll have to assume there was probably a lot of alcohol involved, and not very much water involved either.
They also probably had access to a lot of the drug over the night and compulsively redosed too much.
again, i don't know this but probably.

it has been confirmed as MDMA

do you have a ref for that?

The arrest warrant affidavits for all three students do not say that police found any substance positively identified as MDMA or Molly, but a large number of unidentified pills were confiscated for testing.
from today

The students treated tested positive for MDMA in toxicology. the pills haven't been tested yet, and the confiscated pills could also be different from what the students ingested that night also.

Where did you read that, I can't find any articles stating that. With that said, I hope they mentioned everything that was tested for.

I wonder if they tested them for PMA? Isn't MDMA + PMA a pretty deadly combo?