• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

12 people OD on molly at Wesleyan

I guess all the publicity has forced DLE onto a college campus. Kinda an unusual event, not that I think anything about it is a good thing, just like it wouldn't be anywhere.

From probably one of my least favorite hartford papers:

Three Wesleyan Students Arraigned In Campus Overdoses
http://www.courant.com/community/mi...ma-students-arrested-0226-20150225-story.html

One Wesleyan Student Still In Hospital After MDMA Use
http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-wesleyan-mdma-molly-0228-20150227-story.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I've been looking all over that area for Molly, as it turns out I cant find it because these "kids" took it all and ODed :(

yes most definitely molly no longer means pure MDMA. It's been stepped on far too much and stigmatized. Molly is basically ecstasy in capsule form now. Why don't they just start crushing X pills n putting em in caps...

lmao, excellent.

Where did you read that, I can't find any articles stating that. With that said, I hope they mentioned everything that was tested for.

I wonder if they tested them for PMA? Isn't MDMA + PMA a pretty deadly combo?

I attend wesleyan and let me tell you its been a shitshow here, news vans everywhere. Some of the people that got arrested were in my classes last semester. A coworker found a student passed out in the snow and another was found nearly dead without vitals. It took six shocks to bring them back. It was supposedly a cocktail of several drugs but no MDMA. Let me link you to the police report, its a good read http://docdroid.net/swlp

It seems like public saftey knew the kids were dealing beforehand and looked the other way. They found 600 xanax tablets nearly 200 nitrous canisters. tons of weird perscription drugs including nonrecreational ones. There were tryptamine analogues and DMT. They had stuff they thought was methylaminorex but really wasnt. I almost don't believe it really obscure shit. If you want the inside scoop on whats going on check out our anonymous confession board. http://wesacb.net/board.php?board=1

^Trinity College of course is the same way (more kids there act spoiled, primary difference?). The campus knows who's dealing, but like you said looks the other way. Until something happens and the press gets involved however. And same with UConn, and the other school in and out of the state.

Hey ZestyZebra, do you have a new link to the police report? It sounds very interesting, but the link is dead.

Definitely not MDMA. MDMA doesn't do that to 11 ppl in one night. Never has, never will. Get your facts straight.

^

Journal of Intensive Care Medicine 05/2012; DOI: 10.1177/0885066612445982
Source: PubMed
ABSTRACT Twelve patients with 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) toxicity from a single rave event presented to multiple San Francisco Bay area hospitals with various life-threatening complications including seizures and hyperthermia. Eight required emergent endotracheal intubation and six had hypotension. Hyperkalemia, acute kidney injury, and rhabdomyolysis were present in most of the patients. In all, 2 patients died, 4 survived with permanent neurologic, musculoskeletal, and/or renal sequelae, and 6 survived without any apparent lasting deficits. Hyperthermia was present in 10 patients and was severe (40.9-43° C) in 7. Using multiple cooling methods, the average time to achieve cooling was 2.7 hours. Serum drug analysis was performed on 3 patients, demonstrating toxic MDMA concentrations without the presence of other xenobiotics. Two capsules confiscated by police at the event contained 82% and 98% MDMA, respectively, without other pharmacologically active compounds. Capsule #2 contained 270 mg MDMA, which is more than twice the amount of MDMA usually contained in 1 dose. The MDMA-induced hyperthermia significantly contributed to the morbidity and mortality in this case series. Factors contributing to the severity of the hyperthermia include ingestion of large doses of MDMA, a warm ambient environment, and physical exertion.

Journal of Intensive Care Medicine 05/2012; DOI: 10.1177/0885066612445982
Source: PubMed
ABSTRACT Twelve patients with 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) toxicity from a single rave event presented to multiple San Francisco Bay area hospitals with various life-threatening complications including seizures and hyperthermia. Eight required emergent endotracheal intubation and six had hypotension. Hyperkalemia, acute kidney injury, and rhabdomyolysis were present in most of the patients. In all, 2 patients died, 4 survived with permanent neurologic, musculoskeletal, and/or renal sequelae, and 6 survived without any apparent lasting deficits. Hyperthermia was present in 10 patients and was severe (40.9-43° C) in 7. Using multiple cooling methods, the average time to achieve cooling was 2.7 hours. Serum drug analysis was performed on 3 patients, demonstrating toxic MDMA concentrations without the presence of other xenobiotics. Two capsules confiscated by police at the event contained 82% and 98% MDMA, respectively, without other pharmacologically active compounds. Capsule #2 contained 270 mg MDMA, which is more than twice the amount of MDMA usually contained in 1 dose. The MDMA-induced hyperthermia significantly contributed to the morbidity and mortality in this case series. Factors contributing to the severity of the hyperthermia include ingestion of large doses of MDMA, a warm ambient environment, and physical exertion.

That's very strange. 270 mg of MDMA is a big capsule, sure, but gram-plus dosages in a night of very pure MDMA were not that uncommon when I was active in the rave scene here and I've never seen anyone have anything resembling an overdose.

I suppose it makes sense that 540 mg of MDMA, taken all at once, with absolutely no tolerance, in an extremely warm environment with a lack of air flow, could cause this kind of effect in a small fraction of users.

Last edited:
That's very strange. 270 mg of MDMA is a big capsule, sure, but gram-plus dosages in a night of very pure MDMA were not that uncommon when I was active in the rave scene here and I've never seen anyone have anything resembling an overdose.

I suppose it makes sense that 540 mg of MDMA, taken all at once, with absolutely no tolerance, in an extremely warm environment with a lack of air flow, could cause this kind of effect in a small fraction of users.

If the ravers were not drinking enough water it is entirely possible.

Here's a link to the affidavit.

What a fucked up situation. It sounds like these people all overdosed on 5-MeO-MIPT, of all things.

One of the guys, Eric Lonergan, was arrested and given $100,000 bail for having a few prescription pills that aren't even in the Controlled Substances Act. If that's even illegal (I don't know the American laws well enough to tell that), it's undoubtedly a minor infraction. He wasn't even involved in the overdoses at all.

Here's a link to the affidavit.

What a fucked up situation. It sounds like these people all overdosed on 5-MeO-MIPT, of all things.

One of the guys, Eric Lonergan, was arrested and given $100,000 bail for having a few prescription pills that aren't even in the Controlled Substances Act. If that's even illegal (I don't know the American laws well enough to tell that), it's undoubtedly a minor infraction. He wasn't even involved in the overdoses at all.

The link isn't working for me.
Also, can you cite a source for this since this link leads nowhere?
5-MeO-MIPT wouldn't fool medical professionals into thinking the kids OD'd on any "molly" chemical, OD symptoms of that drug do not mimic MDMA overdose symptoms. It is not an amphetamine or even stimulant, it's a psychedelic.

It works for me, I chose the 'slow download' option in the middle.

It's the same file (pdf) as zesty zebras link the post before it.

They found 4 capsules of tested MDMA, among other chemicals.
Nowhere in the affidavit does it say the students overdosed on 5-Me-MIPT, they just found some at the apartment (along with many many other drugs)

They found 4 capsules of tested MDMA, among other chemicals.
Nowhere in the affidavit does it say the students overdosed on 5-Me-MIPT, they just found some at the apartment (along with many many other drugs)

If you read the testimony of the people who overdosed, they mention feeling slow, heavy, strange, and going to sleep. Doesn't sound like a stimulant overdose to me.

Can you post the quote where they say they found MDMA? I don't see it anywhere.

Last edited:
The bottom line is that neither we nor they know what the hell they took, but it is very, very unlikely that it was pure or nearly pure MDMA with no other drugs.

If you read the testimony of the people who overdosed, they mention feeling slow, heavy, strange, and going to sleep. Doesn't sound like a stimulant overdose to me.

Can you post the quote where they say they found MDMA? I don't see it anywhere.

It's right in the beginning. read again, they found 4 capsules that tested positive for MDMA. I cant copy/paste it because it's a picture of a piece of paper.
MDMA can produce a wide variety of effects in overdose tho, which can vary among individuals
"MDMA can produce a variety of adverse health effects, including nausea, chills, sweating, involuntary teeth clenching, muscle cramping, and blurred vision. MDMA overdose can also occur—the symptoms can include high blood pressure, faintness, panic attacks, and in severe cases, a loss of consciousness and seizures"
Also confusion.

http://nypost.com/2015/02/23/11-students-hospitalized-after-overdosing-on-molly/
School officials report that the overdose symptoms the college students suffered from were similar to those of Methylone, a stimulant drug.
And this was before the officers found MDMA in the dealer's home.