• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is it somewhat normal to feel methadone withdrawal as soon as 12 hours after dosing?

I'm a chronic pain patient with the same doctor for 8 years now. He dropped me from 50 mgs of Methadone to 30mgs immediately. I take 10 mgs 3x day. I thought I would be fine because I have breakthrough medicine and I trusted him. It was not fun. I honestly get the heebie geebies thinking what would happen if I was cut off completely in the same way.
I love my doctor and he truly doesn't want to lower all his patients meds but the FDA is all over doctors now. (I found all the info about what was happening online after my visit because I thought he might be lying...he wasn't).

All pain patients are supposed to be on the equivalent of 200mgs of morphine a day. My methadone was throwing me way over the equivalent of 200mgs of morphine plus I was/am on oxyIR 15mg. Over 18 months all my meds have been cut back but I'm still exceeding the 200mgs equivalent. He said he wasn't going to drop my dosages anymore. I think he's getting tired of having people in his patient files.

What's interesting is that I'm now getting 2 breakthrough meds along with the methadone. Before he had to drop my Methadone I was on 1 breakthrough medicine which we changed every 3 months to help with tolerance.

So thanks FDA..I don't get enough methadone to do the job it needs to do but I have bottles of Norco and oxyIR 15mgs. Idiots.

Thanks to the posters that tried to steer this back on topic but the beginning is just too polluted with vitriol and even some outright misinformation. If the topic of this thread brought you here then another search should bring up some more on this subject, otherwise feel free to start a new "clean" thread on the matter. Thanks.

---->ARCHIVE