• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Students: what are you studying?

Started my first two years of university as a marketing major...just wanted to make money until i realized i hated that shit and would much rather be in a profession where i am helping people instead of selling them bullshit.
I just finished my first semester studying sociology and minoring in criminology. I want to go into social work but the university i go to doesn't offer a social work program.
I can't really decide what exactly I want to do in the field though, either working with children and families or mental health and substance abuse- but I'm not too sure if i would need some sort of psych degree for mental health and substance abuse...we shall see
I need to look into good graduate programs preferrably out west... getting a lil sick of the east cost
In high school i always wanted to go into medicine and work with diseases and disorders but just doubted that i would be able to handle it...don't doubt yourself! but I'm excited it'll work out either way :)

It started with general drug interest. A year later psychopharmacology and or rehab and psychiatry.