• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Nigella Sativa with Kratom

BirdOfPrey

Greenlighter
Alright guys, so I know there's been a good amount of threads posted on this, but many have had contradictory reports, and most (if not all) do not specify the dose of oil used. I have been using Nigella Sativa oil after picking some up from a local Arabic grocery store, and am astounded with the results. Now, instead of listing the myriad things this seed is used for, I would direct anyone unfamiliar with it here (all backed up with peer reviewed journal sources). Now, the one thing I have noticed about this seed is it is an INCREDIBLY potent antihypertensive. If I down a tablespoon or more my systolic and diastolic blood pressure both drop about 15-20 points. It can sometimes make things look spotty, so use with caution if you are prone to hypotension. It's insane how ancient peoples figured out how to use these plants for a wide variety of ailments, only to have modern science confirm the actions they were purported to have. The prophet Mohammed called it "the cure for every disease except death".

Now to my experience/question for all of you. I have been taking kratom doses sporadically after quitting a roughly 40-60 gram a day habit that lasted 6 years (I know, insane, right?). Anyways, somehow, although I know it is not wise, I have been able to randomly purchase single doses and not let it get out of hand. Despite the breaks in between, I usually get almost no effects other than a sense of well-being and centeredness. This is in stark contrast to the unbelievable (much more so than anyone I have given it to, seems to click with my body chemistry) euphoria that used to be kratom for me. I just took around 30 grams of Bali, which normally would not do much, and drank 2 tablespoons of cold-pressed, organic Nigella Sativa oil(this is a VERY large amount, recommended on the bottle is 2tsp, so I don't necessarily advise this, especially if you have hypotension). The effect of the kratom is multiplied a MINIMUM of twofold, and it is also qualitatively different (the nature of the high is more euphoric and not just stronger).

So, my question is, has anyone else tried this? I was worried the oil might slow the absorption of kratom, as some have reported fish oil diminishes its effects. It is an inhibitor of CYP2D6 and other CYP3A4 enzymes, or so I have read from a few sources. I am a research psychology major, and after reviewing the literature, it seems to be a mild opioid agonist in its own right, as its analgesic effects are reversed by naloxone (Narcan) and it displaces DAMGO (a mu opioid peptide that mimics endogenous mu opioid ligands). Has any one else had this level of tremendous success, and if so, what amount of the oil do you use? Also, does anyone else time it in a specific way? I have also found that taking a tablespoon or so as its dying down around 3 hours in will bring back some of those warm feelings. I usually take the oil around 20 minutes after dosing kratom for fear it will slow the absorption. Has anyone else had better success using it some time before dosing?

Just wanted to get the word out but also hear from other people about their experiences!

Namaste,
BirdOfPrey

Ive had great success with black seed and kratom, also with ginger and turmeic. All these rhyzhomes seem to stop
inflamation

which is good, Im seems keeping cytokenies in check is a major player

Yeah I think the seemingly "panacea" like properties of most of these herbal medicines usually comes down to anti-inflamattory properties mediated through their action on eicosanoids.

Minor update: Please, nobody take three tablespoons or anything resembling that of Nigella oil a day. I feel that horribly disgusting burned out feeling that one gets from re-dosing with kratom too much and I have not done kratom today. My blood pressure is also very low (I'm assuming thats causing the fatigue). If any one wants to try this I'd recommend 2 TEAspoons at most. Alas, I have once again been put in my place by mother nature, who desperately wants me to finally understand that the old adage "everything in moderation" really does hold true.

i use several tbsp of oil w/turmeric and ginger 20 mins BEFORE dosing.