• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

DitM SOCIAL v. Extra Extra Read All About It!

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
Welcome to the DItM social thread.. all the news thats fit to print and even the other 95% too.

mediaexamples1.jpg

Hows everyone doing today.. This is just a social thread so feel free to socialize.

Another good petition going off..

HNQiOaSLPdqRwv2TmbXsBg_OkUxP7tkFFeu5TvLIaZBrvoLgcUlFDk2ms4QD-DK05rq3DqbIo0wi86fqc9WiXQdD_MKxtE9_IKiIYX2Op3kTMZ3dKis8Kbiiye4GQJUkTEPHgA7Z4PELubw_AA=s0-d-e1-ft

MEDICAL MARIJUANA COULD STOP MY DAUGHTER’S SEIZURES
02/25/2015 GARYSWORLD 0 COMMENTS

When I heard there was a way to end my daughter’s painful seizures I was overjoyed. Then I learned that red tape was standing in the way. Last year Carly’s Law passed in my state of Alabama. It promised to provide a way for epileptic children, like my daughter, to get marijuana-derived oil (CBD) which has been effective in helping control seizures. But in order for treatments to start, the Drug Enforcement Agency needs to give it final approval. Every day that they delay, my daughter suffers. Please join me, and tell the DEA to fast track their approval of CBD so my daughter and thousands of children across the state of Alabama can have a chance at a normal life.
My name is Matthew Graham. My wife Michelle and I have a beautiful 3-year-old daughter. Her name is Christian and she has been a blessing. At the age of one, she began to experience debilitating seizures that doctors said could cripple her for life or eventually kill her. Her current treatment has stopped the seizures but has stunted her developmentally. She can no longer walk or talk. She is no longer the smiling, full of life girl we once had.

Studies have shown that CBD can stop the seizures without all the terrible side effects that have left my daughter unable to even hold her head up. CBD promises to give my daughter her life back.

Carly’s Law allows the University of Alabama to prescribe CBD. Yet, 10 months later we are still waiting for her first prescription. The only thing standing in the way of our child’s chance at a better life is the DEA approval of the University of Alabama’s schedule one license to prescribe CBD to our children, and help stop their suffering.

Please join me and ask the DEA to stop delaying approval. Tell them to fast track the issuance of the University of Alabama’s schedule one license today.

Thanks from the bottom of our hearts.
http://garysworldusa.com/medical-marijuana-could-stop-my-daughters-seizures/

"I have a fire alarm at home, but really it’s more like a slow 9-volt battery drainer. Do you want to slowly get rid of your 9-volt batteries? Well then, buy this circle."
- Mitch Hedberg (RIP)

Right now, I’m at a press conference with Senators Cory Booker, Rand Paul and Kirsten Gillibrand announcing the introduction of the most comprehensive piece of marijuana legislation that the U.S. Senate has ever seen.

Help us make history and legalize marijuana for medical use by pressuring your U.S. Senators to support the CARERS Act.

The CARERS Act is a bipartisan bill introduced today that will let states legalize medical marijuana without federal interference.

It will expand research into the health benefits of marijuana.

It will allow Veterans Affairs doctors to recommend marijuana to ailing veterans.

It will completely legalize high CBD strains of marijuana for medical treatment nationwide.

It will reclassify marijuana as schedule 2, admitting to the world that marijuana does in fact have medical benefits.

And it will allow banks to legally provide financial services to marijuana businesses.

This is a bill worth fighting for. Send a message to your Senators now. Tell them to cosponsor the CARERS Act!

Last year, you helped us pass a groundbreaking amendment in the U.S. House banning the Justice Department from interfering with state medical marijuana laws. But the amendment expires soon, making the CARERS Act our best chance ever to end the federal war on medical marijuana.

With your help, we can protect state medical marijuana laws and end the criminalization of patients and their families – and the caregivers, medical professionals, business owners, and employees who provide them their medicine.

Sincerely,

Bill Piper
Director, National Affairs
Drug Policy Alliance

If your interested in getting behind this then please look at the "take action" prompt at our good friends at DPA.

http://www.drugpolicy.org

Just finished my hardest course this semester on Tuesday, so after a month hiatus to keep up with an overwhelming school-and-work schedule, I am going to return to fiddling away my precious hours on Internet forums. %)

Im still going to be up on blocks for tour this summer. Next summer though I going to try and hit some good shows.

Ill keep throwing them up until the children and people have protected access to the medicines they need

AtP0gidb5T9ZRg_dp0_mS2BViRR5F1MkfZOPZjr48ETYMC8uJ_nMc4dIQFRmJR2vMZh1KMwzVZI6gHL26oExiVQSF3u42CmNbJLx_mnbj3C34VbPyz17yyBmr0oVnLhzY0Rw1zpsGXMj-RowFA=s0-d-e1-ft

Petitioning U.S. House of Representatives
Pass the CARERS Act and protect medical marijuana patients

Petition by Kate Hintz
North Salem, New York

Sign Kate’s petition

My four-year-old daughter Morgan suffers from Dravet Syndrome, a rare form of epilepsy that causes frequent and dangerous seizures. We've tried everything to help her. She’s taken more than 10 different anti-epilepsy medications but at best, she's gone only four weeks without a seizure. Based on our own research, advice from our doctors, and what we've heard from families living in other states, we would like Morgan to try cannabidiol oil -- a form of medical marijuana.

For children with similar illnesses in other parts of the country, the results using medical marijuana have been life changing.
Medical marijuana comes in many different preparations, and is prescribed accordingly to treat specific conditions. The treatment Morgan needs would not make her "high", and she wouldn't smoke it. It would come in a bottle just like her other medications, but with fewer side effects. The medications that Morgan has tried have devastating side effects. They gave her kidney stones, ulcerative colitis, and compromise her respiratory system. She should be able to try this much safer option.

But medical marijuana is still illegal at the federal level. It’s currently a Schedule 1 drug, which means the federal government considers it just as dangerous as heroin and says there is no medicinal value. This means our family would have to move to a different state to get it, or obtain it illegally and risk arrest. I have decided that neither of those choices are good enough for my family.
That’s why I’m supporting the Compassionate Access, Research Expansion and Respect States (CARERS) Act -- a bipartisan bill that will let states legalize medical marijuana without federal interference. It will also expand research into the health benefits of marijuana and allow Veterans Affairs doctors to recommend marijuana to ailing veterans. It will completely legalize high CBD strains of marijuana for medical treatment nationwide.
The CARERS Act would also reclassify marijuana as schedule 2, affirming to the world that marijuana does have medical benefits. This bill will change the lives of so many sick and suffering people, like my daughter, around the country.

https://www.change.org/p/pass-the-c..._i/7YrsVJfkuw96g/2FxP1BB+EM9VXSmCGKCQEpWblRE=

Today was a good day! I have been on house arrest since September, and went to see the judge this morning to ask for permission to have it end a month earlier than planned (beginning of May instead of beginning of June). The judge granted the request, which basically gives me an extra month of summer. I'll still have a curfew for another ten months, but at least I will have 6 a.m. 'til 11 p.m. to be wherever I want. Can't wait...

Look at self righteous food addict.. sorry fat boy but addicted driven caloric intake and heart disease gonna kill you decades before canibus has the chance to save you.

... Oh that and we all don't want another republican war six months after you first OD on the white house kitchen.

I wouldn't follow you out of a burning building.. let alone the holocaust.

Good luck.. not that it will do any good. ;)

Last edited:
^ she is out there.. kinda think you already found her rite here.

Me thinks a little more push may be needed to figure this complex sit out?

Nothing comes for free.. least of your love?

Last edited:
^ hot wasn't it=D

Scholarships Available for 2015 International Drug Policy Reform Conference

Post to: Twitter Digg StumbleUpon Reddit
by borden, April 30, 2015

Financial assistance is available for individuals wishing to attend the 2015 International Drug Policy Reform Conference, taking place in the Washington, DC metro area from November 18-21. Visit http://www.reformconference.org/registration/scholarships to apply -- deadline is May 22. Note that the page has separate sections for applicants from the US, and applicants from other countries.
The International Drug Policy Reform Conference is a biennial event that brings together people from around the world who believe that the war on drugs is doing more harm than good. It brings together over 1,000 attendees representing 30 different countries.

This year attendees will have the opportunity to spend three days interacting with people committed to finding alternatives to the war on drugs while participating in sessions given by leading experts from around the world. Don't miss the opportunity to be a part of this event.

Visit http://www.reformconference.org to learn more about the Reform Conference.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2015/apr/30/scholarships_dpa_conference