• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all

Did anyone sleep a lot when withdrawing from the Invega? I sleep like 10 hours of my life away everyday, and I'm not sure what's going on with me anymore, unbelievable brain fog and some restlessness could be from the prozac though, I'm quitting my antidepressant because it's making it harder for me (no pun intended) to maintain an erection so I hope I'm making the right choice going off this but I need to get better somehow and it's off all these meds, just hoping there's light at the end of the tunnel and that recovery is real, because it feels like I just got my shot

EDIT: I've been juicing but it's still so hard for me to lose weight I have an appetite I can't control did anyone else have this problem? Does weight loss become easier as the shot tapers off?

There were days when 10 or 11 hours too. But now I sleep 6-7 hours and I feel fine. If you were treated for depressive symptoms only it's better quitting at least invega sustenna cold turkey because this crap doesn't even deserve to be named a "medication". Appetite and controlling your weight become a lot easier as the shot tapers off.

The first months I slept 12 hours, even today I sometimes sleep up to 10 hours, don't worry the restlessness and the brain fog will go away, the first months are the worst, hold tight, the recovery is real, you just need to be very patient.
I agree, the first month I was in bed all day everyday

I'm looking forward to needing less sleep. I'm only about a month from my last injection and I sleep 11-12 hours on weekends still feeling tired when I wake up. I'd sleep that much during the week if I could. Since being on Invega I can't remember waking up feeling refreshed in years now. Hopefully I'll be able to wake up more easily as time goes by.

It's important we respect everyone's opinions on healing and recovery. Especially those who say they haven't recovered. I am one of the people who thinks you don't return to yourself pre invega. Sure, I believe in recovery and that is evident in the progress we make from first month withdrawal to six month withdrawal, however, neurotransmitters and receptors have definitely changed in my opinion and that's why I don't feel 100 percent like myself pre invega. That's not to say I can't function or have emotions anymore they're just not as strong as before. My advice to any newcomer is be patient for the first six months of withdrawal and try to understand your condition. After six months it's about acceptance and moving forward with your life. Invega is not an excuse to chase your dreams and follow your goals.

It's important we respect everyone's opinions on healing and recovery. Especially those who say they haven't recovered. I am one of the people who thinks you don't return to yourself pre invega. Sure, I believe in recovery and that is evident in the progress we make from first month withdrawal to six month withdrawal, however, neurotransmitters and receptors have definitely changed in my opinion and that's why I don't feel 100 percent like myself pre invega. That's not to say I can't function or have emotions anymore they're just not as strong as before. My advice to any newcomer is be patient for the first six months of withdrawal and try to understand your condition. After six months it's about acceptance and moving forward with your life. Invega is not an excuse to chase your dreams and follow your goals.
It is true you will probably not be the same as before. I've taken many drugs... antipsychotics, mood stabilizers, anti-depressants, ADHD meds, psychedelics... All of these have changed me, some in more ways than others. The important thing is that you gain confidence in your recovery and become stronger as a result. Almost anything you put in your body could create a permanent effect but there are ways to recover and grow stronger from it.

@robe11 six months are not enough, this shit has an half life of 49 days, depending on the dose it takes more than 6 half lives to completely metabolize all the drug. My last shot was 234mg, it takes 8 half lives to reach 0.9mg, 13 months, you still have drug after six months.

Also dopamine antagonists cause receptors upregulation, this means that when you will be completely drug free you will have even more dopamine binding than before, this is why some people rebound even worse symptoms when they quit antipsychotics.

I second that. Plus, when I was taking pills I had a lot less side effects. The injection messes with dopamine and serotonin I think. Which has personnally caused depersonalisation, my personality is not what it should exactly be. But ultimately, I do believe in a 100% recovery. Hell, let's even say 110%, we've learned from this experience. At least now I know very well how pathetic modern psychiatry is. Countries where antipsychotics do not exist have a lower amount of people who have psychosis because they are under less stress and they often have a loving and caring environment. I'm talking about Africa, India and Colombia for example from an article I read.

hey guys. more than 4 years since my injection. has anyone tried to surgically remove where you were injected? i think theirs something still lodged in my muscle. it still tremors at least once a week. if anyone knows if someone has had it removed surgically please let me know. Thanks

My head is so empty after 22 month. Does it ever get better, is there a chance that something comes back?

My head is so empty after 22 month. Does it ever get better, is there a chance that something comes back?

hey guys. more than 4 years since my injection. has anyone tried to surgically remove where you were injected? i think theirs something still lodged in my muscle. it still tremors at least once a week. if anyone knows if someone has had it removed surgically please let me know. Thanks

Aiden do you still have other side effects than tremors? Did your memory come back if you had poor memory?

Guys you guys are scaring me. Look I think inVega is just like other medicine, meaning it?ll get out of our systems. The long half life is what?s getting people frightened. I say we can make full recovery, what say you?

Is there a way to test inVega levels in your blood stream? Early on in the thread I remember someone constantly posting their inVega test results. Why don?t more people do that?

yeah man lol

Day 118

Feeling weird today. Idk if it's because I slept only 5 hours. I went to college today, it had been 6 months I hadn't been there. That's a good landmark, this first day in college reminded me how much more confident and happy I was before being injected the poison. Funny how just this very little details can somewhat remind me this whole experience is not over yet. But the good thing is that when I'm alone and or simply doing an enjoyable activity I feel completely normal. I still notice some cognitive impairments sometimes.

Empty1128: thanks for the reply, one can only hope for a full recovery and I will be posting my one year update. I'm just curious, where did you hear about half lives? Are you sure invega leaves the body that scientifically and accurately? I made significant improvements in the first six months but the last couple of months have been much the same with no obvious breakthroughs. My last injection was 8 months ago.

Shadypenguin: You will get your memory back within six months. From my experience cognitive functions return to normal or close to normal around the six month mark.

Specified: to ease your libido problem find a girlfriend and don't masturbate for a week. On the weekend share a bottle of wine or spirits and end the night with a bit of hanky panky. Works for me ;)

@robe11, thanks for the reply my friend.

How many shots did you take? I?m going to take eleven months of 100mg shots before I can switch pdocs.

I would like to know, if all beautiful emotions are away forever? Ross B. L says yes, and I read that they tested it on rats, in the very high dose - like they gave it to me - aluminium-flouride can really destroy the chells in many parts of the brain and I think it can destroy receptors. Or can anyone say, that it could get better one time?

maybe this would really help Aiden?! you said, when you made a cut on your arm, in this moment you felt something in your brain? Emotions, that you feel nomal not?

Status
Not open for further replies.