• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Josh Handel
Adderall didnt work for me, horrible comedown and didnt last very long. I took one recently and it was better. Im 11 months off poison. Also adderall will slow your healing process. I would try Ritalin if you need a stimulant for school. Because of the mechanism of action for ritalin it should work, I havent tried it myself but I tried something similar and didnt have any problems with it.

8.5 months since last injection. I'm without any meds for about 2 months now (was on Seroquel for several months). I don't experience suicidal thoughts anymore. While difficult physically, I'm exercising, mostly running, something I couldn't do before since had no motivation to do anything. I get into bed only at night for sleep, unlike beforehand where I was in bed almost all day (or on the couch). I couldn't stand sitting due to constant movement of my legs, for months now that I sit comfortably. I can watch TV again and in general get less resistance to doing things.

Still got no semen though. It's watery and barely anything comes out, sometimes with reddish color; I hope it's not permanent as it would mean I can say goodbye to making children. Sexual function is fine, though. What still bothers me is my incapability to understand things and function properly in the world. It feels less worse than before though.

All in all, there are improvements. Perhaps if I had a more positive life I would see a much more definitive changes, but as I still struggle with some issues not related to Invega, I can only pinpoint certain improvements but not too striking.

For what it's worth, for roughly two months now I eat mainly fruits. You may say I'm a raw food vegan. No wheat, no dairy, no meat. I don't drink any water at all as I get all the fluids I need from the fruits. I had internal hemorrhoids for nearly a year, was bleeding on daily basis, and changing my diet fixed the problem. My seborrhea dermatitis which I suffered from also about a year is also much better, nearly gone.

Last edited:
@rel

Are u able to run like u were before Invega? And I used to have the memory/understanding problem but I think supplementing SJW is a great way to pump endorphins into u to make ur memory better. Is it scientific? Probably not. It?s just my hunch I went from not understanding the littlest things to being able to talk about deep complicated stuff again. I just have heart problems since invega so running is the one thing I look forward too again

@rel well for your sake and mine let's hope these effects are not permanent I too am getting the watery semen low ejaculate. That's what I'm curious about that can't be permanent. I just think because the drug has such a long half life it takes a while for you to go back to normal. I think it all has to do with the time it takes to get back to normal I just find it hard to believe that 2 shots of this medecine could alter me permanently. I don't care if it takes two years I find it hard to believe that around four years off you would still have the effects. I haven't personally read anyone who has taken that long to heal or is still feeling its effects from that long. I just think of all the success stories of people healing I'm at around a month since last injection. I got a ways to go.

Melatonin didnt work for sleep I?ll try CBD oil next. Thanks again for the support guys its nice knowing im not alone.

@Jmoore52
Yeah thats mostly what I experience from adderall now, slight increase in focus, seems to be getting more potent though which I find fascinating. I guess because the poison is leaving my system. I wish I could get my hands on some ritalin as I heard that same thing from others as well

@invegauser

Did you say mushrooms? So if I ate some shrooms id feel a little bit more like myself after the trip? Or are you saying low dose everyday? And its been four days since starting the wellbutrin. Noticing more energy and possibly more confidence in social situations which I like, I stopped it due to high anxiety... if it gets like that again ill probably end up stopping it for good.

Last edited:
My gyno is becoming less and less noticeable and I?m somehow managing to get high and I mean stupid high off weed. I have a theory that supplementing St. John?s Wort even if it doesn?t seem to be working will help the cause in the long run. My heart seems to be getting closer to homeostasis now, when I got sick my heart rate was up and palpitations were there. But it seems I can go days without palpations now and my resting heart rate is closer to 60 bpm now. I?m a fit person soy heart should be down more. I?ll keep waiting til month 9-10 to do intense cardiovascular excercises like running. But my story is I?m seeing pretty good improvements at month 8 1/2

I was hit in late November 17' with 234mg and 156 a week later. How ling were you on Sustenna? What mg(s)? I've been having hell. Are you 100% back to normal?

Josiah

I was hit in late November 17' with 234mg and 156 a week later. How ling were you on Sustenna? What mg(s)? I've been having hell. Are you 100% back to normal?

Josiah
I got the same loading dose as you then 156mg a month latrr my last shot was nov 22nd the first month off was hell. Night tremors shaking constantly blinking swollen tongue, blurry vision, restlessness, insomnia and more weird stuff. I?m doing better now except im dealing with anhedonia and insomnia. From the success stories ive read most people do recover 100% and sometimes better than they were before the invega shot.
I think our best bet is just to stay positive and wait this out. A year or longer is a LONG time but as long as you continue to notice improvements every other month or so then you should be alright.
I was very suicidal a few weeks ago because this drug was kicking my ass but I toughed it out. I?m doing better now besides low testosterone, which os causing sexual side effects and insomnia and anhedonia. I dont believe this is permanent. Nothing last forever. But I do know this is gonna be a long recovery :/

So I had dabs of weed for the 1st time and I think I either had a heart complication or an anexity attack. But my heart rate went up to 140 and I I was in an episode of high heart rate for about an hour then it went away with no complications an hour later but it was really really not fun. Anyone in the room that smokes maybe stay away from potent stuff while healing. It wasn?t a good time

@Invegauser If only I could get my hands on some magic shrooms :/ as far as the wellbutrin & adderall combo goes, it is working out nicely. Really sucks that I can not feel my adderall though and it makes me depressed because of my adhd. So hard to communicate and with classes starting up again tomorrow, im wishing for a miracle or something, its just going to take a lot of strength.

I reached my 6th half life and have about 5 mg left, now onto 7th and last half life.
Just takin one day at a time, have come this far. Wut a struggle but as long as one recovers I guess we are all willing to put this experience behind. Keep going guys

I wish you all a quick recovery.

Hey guys, just wanted to drop by and give some words of encouragement to everyone on this journey.

First, some background. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and administered Invega Sustenna Nov October 2017. The doctors decided to increase the subsequent doses to the loading dose amount of 234mg. I received about 9 234mg shots from Nov 2016 to May 2017. Last year was complete hell. Depression, weight gain, cognitive blunting, memory impairment, social anxiety, suicidal thoughts, the whole gamut. In the summer I found this board and tried many of the remedies suggested, including st.johns wort, adderall, and the like. Nothing stopped the pain for any meaningful amount of time. I thought I was going to be in the pit for at least another year, or worse, forever.

But at 8 months since my last injection, major strides are starting to be made. The depression has lifted, as well as the social anxiety. My cognitive abilities,from general information processing to reasoning, are roaring back--maybe better than before. Physical strength still isn't where it used to be but definitely trending upward.

What was the difference, aside from time? A friend introduced me to a technique called continuous concentration. Essentially it is running a train of thought on a given object all day, from the moment one wakes up to the time one goes to bed. It's a challenge, especially with the mental blunting the Invega has caused. But after sticking with it for a few days things really started to open up. I know it may be difficult to believe, that simply "thinking your way through" can change things, but this has been my personal experience. I really feel like the worst days are behind me.

With that said, I plan to finally move on from this thread.. While I never posted much, I checked here almost everyday for solace and encouragement. I promise that one can emerge from this victorious and better from it. If anyone wants to talk more about the technique I'd be happy to go in detail. Heal quickly everyone.

How long were you on Sustenna? What dose?
Are you positive that you will recover 100%?
Is there any way to speed up the drugs elimination process?

@Jowright

You will heal if not 100% then better than you were before. Think of this as a shitty vacation do what u can and just hang out and do what u can. I had all the symptoms for months and I took I think 8 injections. I'm 8 1/2 months off and I feel great.

@room

My 2 cents magnesium, selenium, and green stuff helped with my heart complications. It's at least keeping the palpation to minimum to none. My heart rate is up to 180-200 jogging but I don't feel the strain like I used that would hurt so much i had to stop. Now I'm just figuring out how to keep the palpation away when I wake up but cardiovascular recovery is on the up and up. I expect a full running schedule soon confirming earlier posts that it could take 8-10 months to recover from cardiovascular symptoms

8 1/2 months boo boo. And I think I'm there mentally just not 100 physically. I just need my heart to go to normal and I still can't get drunk. That's my only problems right now

Status
Not open for further replies.