• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@invegauser wow, thank you for all of that! That was all so encouraging and enlightening on the half life part of things. I?m glad I know how to do the math now. I’m feeling better after reading that stuff eventually goes back to normal although it may take awhile. I wonder if it makes any difference on how many injections you got?

@specified although I can’t relate to you about the rubber penis I can relate with the constipation. I never had hemroids before this stuff either and I totally got them about two months on this stuff because I was so constipated. I still struggle with that too also.
Not having periods and your boobs leaking milk when they aren?t suppose to I suppose is just as bad as having a rubber penis.

Last edited:
@invegauser yes I think I will take you up on you figuring out the math. I tried to do it and I got pretty confused trying. ( maybe it’s the poison? ) I’m glad you mentioned doing the math on this because it turns out I have received several more injections than I initially first thought. Which is scary. I am hoping it doesn’t take several years to get this crap out of my body.

January 2017: 234mg 2 weeks later: 156mg

february 2017: 156mg

march 2017: 156mg

april 2017: 156mg

may 2017: 156mg

june 2017: 156mg

july 2017: 156mg

August 2017: 234mg

September 2017: 234mg

for a total of 10 injections :( I thought it was only 8 but I miscounted. Ugh.

I also wanted to mention for all the women who are struggling with sexual dysfunction, I was not able to orgasm for months when taking the poison. When I got off of invega a few months later I was able to orgasm again. However, things are still not 100%. By the time I am ready to orgasm my husband is already done and the O is not as strong as it once was. I also should mention my breasts leak ALOT during sex. I know the two are interconnected so maybe that’s why. Since taking the Bromocriptine the leakage is less than what it was but still happens. Sorry so graphic, but if any other person is like me I want as much info as possible. Knowing people have the same symptoms it makes it easier to deal with because you know others are dealing with it too.

Another thought of mine is since Jansen “Johnson and Johnson” has NOT been exactly forthcoming with their findings from Invega Sustenna. That’s why you see all of these lawsuits because they didn’t mention or downplayed their findings. So we may actually not know how long exactly it takes to rid this garbage from our bodies. It is so incredibly frustrating that I may have to deal with this weight gain for years. I have worked so hard in the way of exercise and diet. I have cleaned up my eating and I work out 5 days a week. Where I use to be able to not do anything and stay a normal weight ( for me ) but now I work out to just maintain the 80lbs I gained. Not a pound, not even one will budge to come off.

My blood work, meaning my estrogen and thyroid all came out normal. The Prolactin was the only thing that was off. My psychiatrist said that normal prolactin for a woman is between 25-30. My prolactin level was 61. Bloodwork was taken in January which was 4 months since my last injection. So my prolactin is over double what it should be at 4 months out. I will be getting more bloodwork done next month and will post the results to see if the prolactin has gone down being treated with the Bromocriptine.

Last edited:
to the room: i'm not a big believer in the half life theory. i know it brings hope to some and science has made big strides in it's understandings of life and how a human being works but it does not understand everything yet. i think the average time is a better educated guess seeing as it has real life info to run with but even that is not infallible. to me personally i was hesitant to do this because i did not want to bring @Willowblosom down. i'm checking out of everything today. i've been dealing with the poison for 7.5 years now and today is just one of those days that's a combination of everything.

i think it is best for each of you to do this for yourselves but i understand what it's like on the poison thinking wise and how difficult it is. i also know not everyone is good at every subject in school. if anyone else wants to know the math go ahead and post or PM your dosages and dates and let me know if you want it for 25 days or 49 days.

@Willowblosom: i did this in the 25 day half life. it seems to be more optimistic than 49 days or the one i agree with @Narshe81's article on. if you have questions about it feel free to ask (i probably wont respond until tomorrow). you got a lot of people here and tons of info. we're right there with you. hang in there.

heal quickly everyone. peace.

"Not a big believer in the half life theory"? Lol, biological half lives are proven science. It takes about 6 half lives for a drug to fully clear from ones system, but with certain drugs this doesn't mean it won't still be affecting your body chemistry/ brain chemistry even longer.

Last edited:
Hey, at those folks I have private messages with I will get back to you! Since I’m a new poster it is only allowing me to write private messages every 180 minutes. So it might take a little bit for me to respond, but I will.
Wanted to say thanks @invegauser for doing the breakdown for me. Even though we don’t know if the half life thing is accurate, at least it may be a ballpark estimate. Looks like all in all this stuff is just not that easy to heal from.
I wanted to let all who are encountering sleep problems from this I have found for myself at least that the amino acid l tryptophan to help sooo much with sleep. I can actually sleep solid now. It was really hard for me to sleep before.

I have found that l tryptophan is an amino acid needed to make seratonin. So it will naturally increase your seratonin. It goes into your body as l tryptophan, then converts to niacin ( which may or may not aid in flushing out the poison ) then from there converts to seratonin. I read for some reason it’s better to take this supplement over 5 htp for seratonin. Something to do with how your body breaks it down. Hope this helps somebody!

to the room: i'm not a big believer in the half life theory. i know it brings hope to some and science has made big strides in it's understandings of life and how a human being works but it does not understand everything yet. i think the average time is a better educated guess seeing as it has real life info to run with but even that is not infallible. to me personally i was hesitant to do this because i did not want to bring @Willowblosom down. i'm checking out of everything today. i've been dealing with the poison for 7.5 years now and today is just one of those days that's a combination of everything.

i think it is best for each of you to do this for yourselves but i understand what it's like on the poison thinking wise and how difficult it is. i also know not everyone is good at every subject in school. if anyone else wants to know the math go ahead and post or PM your dosages and dates and let me know if you want it for 25 days or 49 days.

@Willowblosom: i did this in the 25 day half life. it seems to be more optimistic than 49 days or the one i agree with @Narshe81's article on. if you have questions about it feel free to ask (i probably wont respond until tomorrow). you got a lot of people here and tons of info. we're right there with you. hang in there.

heal quickly everyone. peace.

Will you try to do mine? I don't know what you need to know for sure. I had 5 injections. 156 mg then 100 mg each month after. My last injection was November 2017. Can you do it for 49 days.

@specified I have been put on soooo many different sleep medicines. Sleep is something I really use to struggle with on and off the poison. I was on ativan, ambien, clonazapam and trazadone for sleep. ( not all at the same time ) They all worked temporarily until I found an otc supplement. I mentioned it earlier, l tryptophan. I have used the others and they worked for awhile then I eventually got use to them. Been taking the L.T. For about a week now with great results. I would say even better than some of the prescription sleep meds I’ve tried and been through. I actually can fall asleep easy and if I wake up I can easily go back to sleep without having to dose more. I was taking upwards of 6mg of ativan a night to knock me out. So this is saying quiete a bit about just an otc supplement.

Last edited:
@invegauser haha, that’s what a lot of people say. I think it?s just because we stuff our faces at thanksgiving. Lol but tryptophan is in turkey!

Thank you invegauser! The other women you were mentioning did they too have high prolactin, no period and massive weight gain? I’m trying to find other folks out there that are still experiencing these kind of problems even after being off the poison for months! I am still struggling in the motivation area as well. The things that once brought me joy ( my garden, my chickens and my creating ) I can’t even get the motivation or drive to do the things I once did and did well. I don’t find joy in anything. I have tried kratom before and that seemed like the only thing I could actually feel. It’s too expensive to use it daily but I found it really helped the motivation and depression that comes with this horrible trash. . I finally talked to my psychiatrist today and I got him to be on board with the fact that the invega has not left my body yet. He told me that because my mri shows no tumor on the pituitary gland ( which secretes the prolactin ) that there is no other reason that my prolactin is high other than it being the invega still lingering around in my body. I told him I called Jansen ( manufacturers of the poison ) and they told me that the half life is 25-49 days and it takes 6 half lives to be fully eliminated. That’s a LONG time. Who knows if those of us that received 8 injections how long it actually takes for it to be fully gone or when things will return to normal.

Same here @willowblossom I've been off for 6 months and I haven't gotten any better myself. I had 234, 156,156, & 117. I lack the motivation to do anything around the house the medicine has really debilitated me. What about cognition? Do you feel as sharp as used to be cognitively?

@gilbezr totally feel you on it being hard to get stuff done around the house. Cognitively I do feel a little bit slower as before all of this I was sharp as a tac with a lot of quick wit. I find that I’m not able to come up with clever responses as quickly as I once did. I usually could think them up in a half second but now I find that writing I have more time to respond. Writing has helped. But having a quick wit is something that is missed. I find it harder to connect the dots with things. I’m still cognitively able to mentally handle things, but the responses are shorter and not as creatively spoken. It may have a lot to do with the fact that our receptors are still blocked so the seratonin and dopamine ( our happy feel good ) that once made us more colorful, is just kind of getting by with one or two shades instead of the whole ray of colors. If that makes any sense.

I have been going back through this thread jumping all over and what I really really want to know is how much weight did anybody gain on this crap and how long did or does it take to start coming off? Mentally and physically I am having such a hard time dealing with the way I look lately. I use to be such a gorgeous girl, now I feel like I’m in someone else’s body. It’s really taking a toll on me being outgoing like I use to be. Just basically here waiting to get back to that ol girl I once knew so well.

@willow

The weight will come off with time. I gained 35. Lost 20 and I?m too much of a foodie and barfly to be doing the stuff I need to actually lose weight like I used to right now.

If u dont have any cardiovascular problems right now id say start running get active and the weight will come off. It makes it hard to lose weight but not impossible. I don?t think the poison has any active effect on the metablolic rate after the intial fuckups. My body is all scarred up with stretch marks and boobs from it

But keep a positive mind set I was looking at old pics of myself and now with proper diet and workout and i look like I did normally just less muscle tone cuz it?s been so long working out. It?s nothing uncomfortable feeling feeling all the fat and shit just from this garbage. But it will come back u just have to do actually work for it now. But like many other ppl on this thread u will do things that will make u a better person cuz of it and u will never put ur self in the position again with psychatirc ppl.

The heart speeds up with alcohol but slows down with pot.

I feel like the arrythemia is more of a back seat issue now as I can run for miles and box with very high intensity. The arrhythmia is there but I can kinda just ignore it and it goes away. Not like before where it stopped me in my tracks. I have a couple of more tests to do before I can make the official remark of ?I am cured?

It?s close tho

I was misdiagnosed and forced to take 2 paliperidrone depot jabs in February for 5 weeks, I had the equivalent of 4mg a day apparently. It has been 10 weeks since being poisoned so 3 weeks since it should have ran out my system besides the half life stuff which is feel is rather insignificant when considering the overall damage I feel. I am now constantly in bed feeling apathetic and anhedonia can barely look after myself when I always was on top of things. I can relate to many posts here it seems to be such a difficult prolonged situation an im desperate for some hopeople.

I have tried l-dopa, tyrosine, Phenylalanine which have all have a minor effect, things that help are diazepam for my appetite and for tension, and amphetamines for working on hobbies. This feels very much like a dopamine blockage because of how i feel after some speed which is almost normal.

I read through the thread and this condition seems permanent albeit with very minimal improvements daily, like a drop in an ocean. Does anybody have any recovery stories, I've seen some posters mention an 8 month marker where change happens, I just want to be able to get out of bed and in the gym in the mornings

Thanks for the reply mate, i think thats a bit more of a positive conclusion than i had come to. I think i was given 75mg then 150mg one week later

Anyone tried any of these or any other solutions please?

Ropinrole
Tianeptine
Prolintane
Wellbutrin
Deprenyl

I'm going mad with the apathy constantly tired and ultra demotivated and only wanna be in bed, is this what you guys also suffer really?? I feel lost and alone on this

Status
Not open for further replies.