• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish i can go off my invega but im forced to take it monthy...stupid family had to get invollved with my doctor. its been making me gain so much weight over the years. I WANT TO GET OFF THIS SHIT THATS MAKING MEMORE GOOFFIER AND MENTALER anyone agree??

Hey folks, I had some blood work done and all things (including sugars, cortisol) came back normal, while prolactin was again slightly elevated. I am still unable to lose weight, so I have placed a call to both my general practitioner and my psych doc to ask that we raise the dose of cabergoline. That should put me within a normal Prolactin range, and I will again test to see if I am then able to lose weight.

Here's a bit more info on prolactin, which seems to describe the symptoms many people are claiming to deal with (self included):
"It turns out that having even mildly elevated levels of prolactin can cause severely debilitating fatigue.

Not only that it can also cause migraines, low sex drive, and cognitive difficulties (probably due to low dopamine). Prolactin and dopamine seem to have an inverse relationship - when prolactin is high, dopamine in the hypothalamus particularly seems to be low. Drugs for hyperprolactimia are usually dopamine agonists like bromocriptine or cabergoline. Some people also have luck using Deprenyl. There is also a study using American Ginseng (which is a less stimulating form of ginseng than Siberian supposedly) to lower prolactin levels."

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/high-prolactin-causes-severe-fatigue.24117/

It should not be difficult to be tested for prolactin, as hyperprolactinemia is a known side effect of Invega; therefor, the test for it would likely be covered by insurance. For anyone who sleeps a solid 18 hours a day or suffers from sexual dysfunction, maybe requesting a prolactin level would be a good idea. It is something that can remain high weeks or months after discontinuing Invega.

Thanks for the link will check it absolutely , Glad you did your blood work/ test, yeah I guess prolactin is tough to deal with but just keep on taking cabergoline only 1 pill weekly but try and see if you take 2 pills a week it will surely blast the prolactin, your almost there I guess, well done keep up the good posts invapo

Yup, still improving each day. I have lost almost all the fat, literally! It just all fell off in the past 2 weeks. Sex is awesome, ejaculating feels as strong as ever and shooting all over the place is possible once more. Skin has cleared up, entire body feels relaxed, i feel clear headed, im smoking way less than i was. Convos with people go more naturally, i get more done during the day. Everything has improved dramatically and it feels surreal to see and feel the beauty within and of life once more!

I remember a guy posted a while back about how people must be doing something wrong if they havent recovered after X time has passed. I was wrong. I definitely agree with this now. The time will differ for each of us - for me it was at 8 months that things started to shift.

I feel fantastic, im selling my computer, fixing my car and heading off travelling late Janurary.

For me, it was the superfood supplements which made the most impact on this recovery. Supporting it with vegie juice no doubt helped. I wish i didnt underestimate the importance of intake and consumption.

Life's great! When i reach my first destination next year, I'll be setting up a website which focuses specifically on antipsychotic healing and recovery. There is such a huge lack of helpful info out there on this topic, and as a former suferer id love to be able to share whats worked for me, and to help others!

Feel like going fishing right now, catch you all later! Have a great new years!

Love Zombie

@zombiemode, how you gonna set up a website if you sell your computer? Lol. Good luck to you man!

hahaha, just downgrading it to a cheap laptop dude :)
hope you are doing well! I never believed when others said this BUT it really does get better :,)

I guess best revenge on these pricks is to BE better

Zombiemode,
Im happy that you have recovered bro.

You're saying that youve lost the weight at 8months? What diet did you do?

@ ZombieMode

That is excellent news man, well done, we need more posts like this 100%

I also would like to state that I'm recovered from this experience as well and express very much Gratitude

By now you just have to train your mind to become better, a new pattern of thoughts

Looking forward for more improvements from here, and please guys only optimistic posts here

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm really happy for you man. You have posted so often and for so long on this thread expressing the pain you were experiencing so its a relief to hear that you have finally recovered!!!

With all due respect Resistance I think people should be able to express themselves freely on this thread. If people are suffering due to psychiatric drugs they should be able to list there symptoms here and ask for advice. Its only fair.

I think its great that you have fully recovered and I am happy for you! But this thread is not really here for happy or optimistic posts its here for people who are suffering and in need of help. If you have recovered you should move on with your life and you don't really have any reason to continue posting here

@Screwinvega,

Bro I really don't know if a week of haldol will cause any permanent damage to you.. all I know is that Haldol is probably the worst/most toxic psychiatric medication that there is.

The bad news is haldol accumulates quickly in the brain (within three days) and brain levels are 30 times higher than blood levels. It has a brain elimination half life of 7 days so even taking it for a few days would likely block dopamine receptors for a few months. On top of that its a potent neurotoxin that causes horrible and permanent damage to the brain (in the form of oxidative stress and by permanently destroying a large amount of dopamine and serotonin receptrs)

To quote from the article "persistence fo haloperidol in human brain tissue":
"There wasno apparent relation between duration of treatment and mean haloperidol concentration."
"The elimination half-life from brain tissue was calculated to be 6.8 days"
"A single dose of haloperidolresulted in signs of central dopaminergic blockade forat least 20 days after administration (6–8). Campbelland co-workers (9) found a half-life of 7.6 days for thedisappearance of antidopaminergic effects of a singleinjection of haloperidol in rats. Similarly, Cohen andcolleagues (6, 7) directly measured behavioral effectsand brain haloperidol concentrations in rats after singledoses of haloperidol. They found a terminal eliminationhalf-life of the drug in the brain of 6.6 days (7)and 16.7 days (6). These results may explain the prolongedclinical effects of neuroleptic drugs even aftershort-term treatment"
"Even after3 days of treatment with haloperidol, the concentrationin brain tissue was comparable to that for longtermtreatment. This indicates that haloperidol rapidlyaccumulates in brain tissue. Similar results werefound in experimental animals."

"During long-term therapy with neuroleptic drugs,about 30% of patients develop tardive dyskinesia,which remains as a chronic disease after withdrawalof the drug in a substantial portion of the patients.The cause of tardive dyskinesia has been associatedwith neurotoxic properties of neuroleptic drugs. Recently,similarities between the metabolism of haloperidoland the dopaminergic pro-neurotoxin 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1, 2, 3, 6-tetrahydropyridine (MPTP) havebeen identified (35). Haloperidol is similar in structureto MPTP, which is metabolized to the neurotoxic1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium species (MPP+). Haloperidolitself is also metabolized to a pyridinium metabolite,4-(4-chlorophenyl)-1-4-fluorophenyl-4-oxobutylpyridinium(HPP+) (36, 37). HPP+ and MPP+have neurotoxic effects on dopaminergic and serotonergicneurons (37–39). The neurotoxic pyridiniummetabolite is also found in human brain (40, 41) andmay contribute to slowly appearing and irreversibleextrapyramidal side effects that occur after long-termtreatment. The high concentrations and the long halflifeof haloperidol in human brain tissue found in thepresent study suggest that neurotoxic metabolites maybe present in brain tissue for several weeks, even aftershort-term treatment."

I think you should consider suing the hospital or team of psychiatrists that forced haldol on you. We are talking here about an outdated soviet era neurotoxin from the 1950's. There has been a lot of talk recently in psychiatric journals and between well known psychiatrists of banning haldol completely. The drug of choice (administered usually by sick, miserable and psychopathic psychiatrists) for disabling a patient and making them miserable is Haldol. It has no benefits. It is pure poison

@Lazar, thanks man! Appreciate it & apologise that some of my past posts were way messed up and out of line/not called for. My diet is simple: eat/drink only things that were around in ancient times.

What i do is juice 2litres of celery, kale, ginger, lemon, cucumber, garlic & green apples. I drink that throughout the day, and its usually more than enough. I rarely feel hungry, this fills me up! It works out much cheaper than standard store-bought foods where I'm from too. I wish i never stopped doing this, feeling it flush me out is great. I also take reishi mushroom, gotu kola and tumeric in a capsule, which was expensive but was THE thing that kickstarted recovery in the first place.

I had really bad candida from the APs. Green tongue. Fungi parasitic crap. I think it's almost gone now. Sugar, gluten processed foods feed this stuff and made it much worse than it had to be.

@Resistence,
Thanks, much appreciated. Same thing, apologies for things i said here in the past - i was well and truly f*cked. Glad to here you're doing well now also :) hope this continues for you!

@Swiss, cheers dude! As it all clears up, i remember speaking to you about iboga a while back! Fast nearing the day i actually am able to try it. Will keep in touch with everyone here, its the least i could do for such a strong community.

Well, this is almost it for me folks. I'm about 86/87% recovered now. I can feel the energies from the peak of my Kundalini awakening coming back. All sorts of crazy spiritual phenomena are going on with me lately and a lot of it is hard to keep track of enough to put into words. I mostly just journal everything just because when I read it I'll be like, "Oh yeah!" but as far as others getting a grip on my experiences I neither think it's much of value or has much basis here anywho.

I really don't know what will become of me in the near future but I suspect I'll probably stop posting in the mental health section here altogether.

To those who have recovered, congratulations and keep up the good work. To the rest of those who are still working at it, just hang in there. Take what you can from the experience if anything. I'm still not sure if I gained much perspective on it even though I said I did...

I would like to say to all the people here that the invega leaves your body and you shall recover overall 100% it is a matter of time, you need to abstain from alcohol live healthy clean, do sport, walk, remain positive, This is also dedicated to the people that have asked what happened to the people that have posted before , it will take you 8-12 months to recover and you will recover to be a Normal Human being, I hope My posts are vital and beneficial to the morale of those awaiting to recover, Just remain patient and meanwhile try to change your mindset and think this might be beneficial as it might definitely make you stronger since it didn't kill you. Again I want to say Best of luck to all those that are here, thanks to all of you, keep up the resistance fight back never let it down you I know its hard and the reason I'm here is because of my experience, even if you had to take SSRI or benzo, or any form it is temporary and the effects will subside, just monitor your hormones, eat healthy foods, detox, do a lot of walking, you will and can lose the weight, you can re shape your mind for better focus and concentration and move on like never before and keep a smile always.

Take care folks

Last edited:
I'm still recovering and it's been a full year. I'm one of those people more sensitive to substances and will feel the full experience, every side effect for as long as possible. What a waste of time this has been. Stupid doctors still don't think invega did any harm!! It's pathetic. I got my prolactin checked yesterday. I hope that's the f***ing problem so I can fix it and get on with my life already!!

I agree with this being a great waste of time. Not only for myself, and us, but also for the doctors. For those of us who sometimes or all the time need the assistance of a medication to help us, being forced on such a long-lasting and body altering drug is a great waste of time. I'll continue to bother the doctors until the both of us get what we want.

There are probably more than a few solutions that will help decrease prolactin levels. This should not be your biggest concern, though, unless you've been on the injections for several years. Yes, prolactin can increase the risk of bones deteriorating faster, yes it can cause gynocomastia, and probably a whole myriad of hormone problems (mostly short term) but your main focus right now, guys and girls, should be to apply whatever patience you can muster in order to get through the worst of this. I promise you once you get beyond a certain point the days get easier and whatever ability that may have been lost before - whether it be psychic powers, the ability to take daily showers or go on a 5 mile run - will come back to you. Be patient. I know it sucks. But if you try to rush this 'process' you could end up destabilizing and winding up in a hospital. Trust me, that's the last place you want to be right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.