• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Healed
Inspiring to me, is the fact I have read that receptors recycle themselves, so if they are malfunctioning, (as ours were antagonized), they will replace themselves.
We are also supposed to have Dopamine Supersensitivity after the new receptors take effect, as well as a large surge in receptor density, due to dopamine being withheld.

I have also contemplated how one may upregulate Dopamine receptors. I am currently trying to heal from Abilify injections, and I am concerned that the hypothesized agonization component could downregulate the receptors, if the antagonization hasnt already.

Does anyone know how to upregulate Dopamine receptors?
So far all I know regarding the dopamine issue post medication, Is take Velvet Bean to increase Dopamine, which therefore will increase receptor density. These new receptors will be assumingely upregulated.

I don't think your receptors don't recycle because Abilify has a "hybrid agonist" inside.

Because we all take different Neuroleptics. But our symptoms are all similar.

Abilify is a 3rd generation neuroleptic. (and so far the only one).

There are:

-1st generation (typical Neuroleptics)
Block only unspecifically and very strongly the receptors of the D2 group.

-2nd Generation (Atypical Neuroleptics)
Block specific only certain receptors of the D2 group.
And also stimulates or inhibits other receptors (e.g. serotonin). This is supposed to "reduce" the negative symptoms.

-3rd generation (advanced atypical Neuroleptics)
They're similar to the second generation. But they are no longer pure antagonists to a specific receptor.
Instead they are so-called "partial agonists".

Partial agonist means that they stimulate the receptors, but intentionally do less than the normal messenger substance "dopamine".

Means translated:
Your receptors become more active than when you are completely blocked by antagonists, but less active than when you are not taking medication:

--As such, it is also an antagonism if you compare it to a healthy cell where the person is not taking tablets--

(Activation: Full Antagonist < Partial Agonist < real Dopamin)

-----

Some people who take Neuroleptics, get within a short time
a "hyper-sensitization":

Significant upregulation, or no upregulation, but a stronger translation from postsynaptic dopamine receptors to G proteins, which is similar to upregulation. (different

Others like us do not achieve upregulation, but on the contrary: down-regulation.

That's the golden question we're all looking for:

why does it regulate up in some people and why does it regulate down in us?

And how do we find the remedy that upregulates the density of our downregulated receptors in our neurons?

*Hope*

Last edited:
@SkavrsXeplion: I am an exception in term of sexual drive. I could masturbate and easily get an erection at day 30 off the poison.

To the room

My second window started 12 hours ago. I hope it will last as long as possible. Of course, my strength has not come back, but I have a peaceful mind. No overthinking, depressive thoughts or anxiety. :) hang in there everyone!

How much invega were you on? Were you on the injection? Also, does the feeling of inner emptiness and akathisia subside after 30 days?
----
Day 17 for me. I have, objectively speaking, certainly gotten better. Actually listened to music last night, which was a first for me since the injection. It wasn't the same, but at least it was something. Freaking the hell out because my semester starts in January and I have until then to get better. Might just have to take next semester off, too. I feel absolutely nothing, nothing works for me, the akathisia is so insane it makes me want to take my own life every day. But I am often reminded by loved ones to not seek a permanent fix to a temporary condition.

@germanbackyard: yeah but invega feels like it stops everything in the brain.
I hope the brain can bounce back from this whole experience

Yes, I know - on Zyprexa the same.

Did i say something different?

Neuroleptics, of course, don't block 100% of the dopamine system.
But it feels that way to us because our emotion-system and cognitive-system only work reasonably as long as it works within a certain spectrum.

None of them blocks 100%, because everyone would die immediately. Dopamine is the most important "meta" messenger-substance, which directly or indirectly controls many other neurotransmitters.
If dopamine was 100% blocked, the heart would stop beating immediately and we would be dead. Because the signal goes from the brain via spinal cord to the heart and controls the muscle: (contraction + relaxation)

Negative + Positive: Like the binary code of computers (0 1 1 00 1 0 10 001 01)

If the computer would send only ones (1 1 1 1 1), no logical-path-network can be created.
Just as if it were sending only zeros (0 0 0 0 0 ).

You need a balance of both.

@awesome31311 the akathisia subsided for me after a month off, the emptiness stays with me to this day (6 months off)

How much invega were you on? Were you on the injection? Also, does the feeling of inner emptiness and akathisia subside after 30 days?
----
Day 17 for me. I have, objectively speaking, certainly gotten better. Actually listened to music last night, which was a first for me since the injection. It wasn't the same, but at least it was something. Freaking the hell out because my semester starts in January and I have until then to get better. Might just have to take next semester off, too. I feel absolutely nothing, nothing works for me, the akathisia is so insane it makes me want to take my own life every day. But I am often reminded by loved ones to not seek a permanent fix to a temporary condition.

I received two loading injections, 156 and 117 mg.
It startet getting better around day 25. I can tell you though that it was just the beginning of a long challenge. Month 1 and 2 were hell sometimes.

@awesome31311 : the good news is you had a lower dose than everybody on this thread.
The bad news is not so many people went back to work or college after 6 weeks off.
You would need an incredible willpower and desire to go back to college to actually do so.
And even if you do, it is likely that you are going to feel miserable there for a couple of months.
I am with you. If I find an anidote to this poison, I'll tell you right away.

My idea is that, you exercise and eat healthy as much as you can. Prepare yourself mentally to go to college by anyway possible. Idk, maybe visual it, hang out with your college friends.

Have some energy drinks on the first days of classes. It helps tremendously for a couple of hours.

If you are determined to take this to a next level and okay to take some risks. We have cerebrolysin that worked for Josh Handel and pacitane and stablon.

The wise decision could be to postpone your plans for a semester.
I have done almost everything in my power to heal as fast as possible. I did it the "natural" way though. Sport, fasting, niacin, walking.
I may heal next month which would mean 7 months off the poison.

My gf advised me to pray.

You gotta do what you gotta do.

Don't hurt yourself.

Best regards
zack365

I wonder why my posts are being deleted. Not complaining just genuinely curious. Is it the mention of other drugs and things like that. I thought we could talk about that stuff here

Hi awesome, I looked and your post was deleted by you, probably unintentionally. Are you by any chance trying to edit them on mobile?

Empty: don't worry man! Non ho intenzione di utilizzare cabergolina per un lungo periodo, mi sto informando sui dopaminergici ed ? appunto uno dei pi? forti che ci siano, una buona cosa ? che bastano una due compresse a settimana, perci? poco impatto su stomaco e altre funzioni del corpo, le cose stanno un po' cambiando per me, per 4 mesi mi sono svegliato alle 6 e 30 am con una tachicardia immensa e desiderio di suicidio ora, anche se mi sveglio presto riesco a stare pi? a lungo nel letto ma, i problemi di vista specialmente al sole sono molto brutti, spero che cabergoline aiuti lo prover? inizialmente per un mese, questo ? il mio pensiero

@awesome31311: White_Rose is a pretty smart guy. until they start the new updates some trouble shooting is going on. what your experiencing is not the first time it has happened in the thread let a lone on the site and he might be able to help.

@zack365: very nice! keep it rolling.

@SkavrsXeplion: makes you want to take a breath and get through the day the best you can doesn't it. it's good your holding up as well as you are. it will get easier before it gets better.

@invegauser : ye is better now, but I have a question for you guys, why the people in this forum think paliperidone effects can go away from the brain just waiting and risperdal not? It's really similar so why you think this?

@SkavrsXeplion: it's not that it will go away by waiting. people try things like other meds, vitamins and techniques. it's always a good idea to do the best you can everyday too; by eating right, exercise when you can, drinking water, staying active as you can and making general progress towards the end goal of healing.

risperdal is same yet different from paliperidone. ripserdal has other things in it but same active ingredient, invega/xeplion is more pure or concentrated than risperdal. the active ingredient is called paliperidone. invega, invega sustenna, xeplion, risperdal, and risperidone are just names for people to recognize for marketing purposes and to show difference between meds that have the same ingredient. like cheddar cheese, brie cheese, goat cheese and cottage cheese. they are all different but come from the same thing.... milk.

glad to hear it's better. some days are better than others but all things will get better in time and by working at it. i agree with zack365 with where he is at in healing progress. when i was close like he is i stopped taking meds, vitamins and drugs. stopped all substances so i could let my body and brain adjust naturally. they would've hurt more than helped the healing process at the very end.

Hi awesome, I looked and your post was deleted by you, probably unintentionally. Are you by any chance trying to edit them on mobile?
Thank you for telling me this. Yes, I was trying to edit on mobile.

Basically my post was just about how desperate I am to find "the antidote" that I'm trying a bunch of stuff.. including st John's wort which has helped with the low moods associated with invega

This invega "medication" doesn't do shit for people with depression

@Neuroleptique33 Yes I had a small windows for like a few hours one day at month 5. But it was nothing huge. Just my mood lifting a bit and enjoying music a bit better. But all of the symptoms stayed generally the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.