• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Yall,

There was a bit of technical difficulty. Please let myself and the other moderators know if there are any big issues.

I certainly agree that not smoking weed makes recovery a real possibility.

I'm sticking with two joints a night as part of my treatment plan as I try and recover from this nightmare.
Not saying weed is ok for everyone, but I've had over ten years smoking it at night without any problems. Smoking it 24/7 for a year may have caused my problems or it could have been the stress I was under, not sure if its helping with my recovery, but I just want to return to my old self, not some depressed and sober person who I don't recognise.

I also smoked grass in the first two months but then stopped taking it. Previously almost I never smoked. I thought Indica type would help me with my pain and trouble sleeping. But I think it is not recommended as there are people who feel bad and could fall into another psychotic episode. So now I think it's best to do without it. The daily use of alcohol would not recommend it. Both undermine the mental capacity of people, it is scientifically proven and we have enough with the big shit called Invega.
But also respect people who smoke to relieve stress. In fact there are types of weed that have medicinal properties but are not found in the street, with rather high level of CBD and low content of THC. Indica type also helps to sleep and relax.

badrobot you get high off weed and all? It does not get me high just impaired, beer also does not work anymore. Did it not work for you and then work for you? I feel like my old self is dead, I keep wishing he will come back but idk if he will

The mental health care system is so corrupt. Like the cops want you to take the drugs, the social workers say you have to be on drugs, the psychiatrist, inmy case my parents. The pharmaceutical companies have essentially monopolized the mental health care industry, and the solution is always the same. Make them take drugs. Regardless of if taking the drugs is the most efficient t way to help the patient or not, the solution is always take the drug.
For my situation I feel like an idiot, because I was given the oral pill so I technically could have stopped whenever, since I was not court ordered or anything. But I just kept taking it, even though made me feel like shit because my parents and doctors told me to, and ev1 else told me to too. Idk if I'm angry at the cops, social workers, psychiatrist and parents for all buggin me to take the drugs, all those professionals were taught this is how we handle the situation, so they were simply doing as told, same as psychiatrist. While for my parents I would say they just thought they should listen to the professional/doctors, they simply trusted them and believed that we should do as they say.
However over all I am only angry at the pharmaceutical companies who go around and monopolized this industry and is trying to force psychiatric drugs on ev1 for any opportunity.
I have been reading the thread and I see some post where the doctor gives risperidone, that dosnt go well so they switch to invega sustenna. First off, both those drugs are the same thing so what is the point in switching from one to the other.

The tablets will have taken out one of your maine 5ht receptors, just got to wait for them to regrow I think.
Getting a chilled out feeling off the beer and weed, not really getting drunk the same as before, but I'm only having three beers a night, getting sort of stoned, but because I'm not doing much all I can think about when stoned is this experience which isn't ideal, probably if I had more going on in my life the high would be better, even weed can't penetrate the poison, but the highs seem to be getting better, just got to make sure I don't go back to all day smoking.

Receptors dont regrow... If receptors regrew then we wouldn't have a problem with Parkinson's disease. I personally think that what happened was that these drugs attacked our receptors so much that it may have destroyed the receptor, I believe the throbbing pain in my head is the dead receptor.

@Gdvffh
Receptors are blocked but are not destroyed.
Except for 5ht7 which is a irreversible antagonist and needs more time to recover

Do anti depressants still work even though this poison blocks serotonin and dopamine?
I can assure you the ADs don't work. I've tried out a few antidepressants since my injection 3 or so months ago: abilify (my psychiatrist received payment from a pharmaceutical rep to prescribe this one first), cymbalta, and welbutrin. I did not benefit from any therapeutic magic my doctors spoke of. Instead, all I got was the side effects: increased anhedonia (extremely terrible), sense of time distorted, nightmares, or lack of dreams, sharp chest pains, more tiredness, blurred vision, and slurred speech, all added on to the invega side effects. These desisted soon after I stopped taking them. To sum things up, I suppose we must endure this painful journey as best we can.

If you'd like to know which meds your doctor is being payed by pharma reps to prescribe, visit this website. https://www.propublica.org/series/dollars-for-docs
Doctors are getting free lunches so they agree to give scripted advice to patients about some meds that aren't even FDA approved!!! But, that's not saying much, since most dangerous ones are approved, ie. invega.

On another topic, I can't understand why I feel like I'm one hundred percent normal, even eccentric in my dreams. Nothing seems to bother me. Then, when I wake up, it's back to this hell on earth and I can't imagine what happiness is like. That's most likely why I sleep so damn much, aside from the almost paralyzing lack of motivation.

Hello psycho,

What are your symptoms behind anhedonia, are you unable to speak to ppl and are you alot dumber then you were b4?

The 'old invega thread' is cut and it is not linked to this one. This fact avoid people to find us when for example someone writes "coming off invega". Via mobile I could not contact with Administrator. This thread does not appear at Google, instead there is the <<Coming off ap megathread>> which still there isn't any post left.

More than +1.000 posts in the old thread and continuing, this shows invega sustenna is the craziest shrink's shit ever marketed

Hello psycho,

What are your symptoms behind anhedonia, are you unable to speak to ppl and are you alot dumber then you were b4?
I have most of the side effects that anyone else has mentioned. The ones i can think of are lack of motivation, impaired cognitive function, exhaustion, unable or unwilling to speak, trouble following conversation, foggy thoughts, numbness when sleeping, sporadic sleep cycle, depression, fat gain in the stomach, chest pain, and anxiety. Before the injection, I had none of these symptoms. I definitely have trouble talking to people now. It's as if I have no interest in what people are saying, or it doesn't matter, like I'm sick of the language. Also, it takes longer than normal to find words.

I also had trouble focusing on what people were saying. My problems, as of late, still persist, though not quite as badly.

I used to watch television with a friend of mine and frequently he would have to rewind the shows or movies so that I could get a joke or a punch line because I just COULD NOT focus.

The worst part is it's embarrassing to have to explain this to people who just don't get it. I find this kind of thing happens all too often - not necessarily with my focus, but I find myself in so many scenarios where I wish I could explain:

"I was injected with poison and it'll be in my system who knows how fucking long... otherwise I would fight you, pay attention to you, flirt back, throw you a pick-up line, laugh with you, socialize with you, love you, or whatever it is that people do... so if you'd kindly fuck off for now, that'd be nice."

Nearly 7 months off the poison and I seem to be recovering slowly. Almost feel like I could chill out through the day watching box sets. Starting to get some interest in things and not everything seems boring or depressing anymore. Still got some irritating symptoms, but I seem to be coming round gradually, starting to not feel as stupid and feel if I can force myself to start exercising it could speed up my recovery. Just a matter of being patient I think as i wait for another half life to pass.

I have most of the side effects that anyone else has mentioned. The ones i can think of are lack of motivation, impaired cognitive function, exhaustion, unable or unwilling to speak, trouble following conversation, foggy thoughts, numbness when sleeping, sporadic sleep cycle, depression, fat gain in the stomach, chest pain, and anxiety. Before the injection, I had none of these symptoms. I definitely have trouble talking to people now. It's as if I have no interest in what people are saying, or it doesn't matter, like I'm sick of the language. Also, it takes longer than normal to find words.

I have most of the symptoms you describe but I don't have chest pain, anxiety, fat gain, or depression, like I'm pissed off at my situation and I don't wanna so anything but I'm not like sad. Also I have head pain really hope we actually recovery this is the worse thing that has ever happened to me. Like my life was moving in the right direction things were going my way, then this shit had to happen and fuck everything up.

Something that made me laugh is that u saw a post where guy was listing all the symptoms that we have, and said the worse part of all was that I cant get an erection, like yeah that is bad but for that to be the worst part? Really? Lol if I could I would trade off that for my symptoms, although I admit that would really suck... Like your not a human.

Last edited:
@Gdvffh yes, me either. There is a kind of people which the only problem they really found about taking invega is the erectile dysfunction. That is not the most important secondary effect as we are not "dick heads" and of course they have less chances to overcome this invega bad experiece.
The less you fight the more you will be subdued to psychiatric control.

The zenos paradox isn't really true tho rite, it goes down by half and half but at some point it does go completely gone rite, it cant be foreveranever

Status
Not open for further replies.