• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gdvffh I do not agree with your statements, at least for everyone. I have been improving over months and I can assure that in my case it is the poison which make me feel like crap. Maybe it is not your case but I will carry on fighting against this secondary effects until they have been worn off.

But yes, it is difficult to get rid of schrinkers. Take care

The effects of paliperidone to a healthy individual are the same we are talking about. Possibly a schizophrenic person may not notice much because supposedly the dopamine level is higher and not make you feel so bad. Perhaps then the ones who most complain and fight to leave at the end will be those who will be able to get out of this vicious circle of nasty side effects and negative symptoms.

On the other hand it is reasonable to think that when one is recovered no longer wants to talk about these kinds of issues that actually belong to an "underworld" and are rather considered as bad experiences.

Hello ripoffapp and invegauser. What were the symptoms you had originally ally and what are the symptoms you have now? I have been off the poison for 2 months. Every single day is hell, I hate it.

Hello ripoffapp and invegauser. What were the symptoms you had originally ally and what are the symptoms you have now? I have been off the poison for 2 months. Every single day is hell, I hate it.

Before I could not walk 100 meters straight, I got tired and I spent most of the time lying in bed. My mind was not working well, without memory without reasoning, without speaking, without understanding things. Nor emotions and I felt it was very difficult to interact with people. I also had insomnia. Gradually everything has changed and discomfort disappear gradually. Now I go out every day and relate with others, but I still neeed time to start being a human being again.

Two months is a short period of time and in your case when dealing with pills perhaps you will require 3 or 4 months more to start feeling fine. The invega sustenna instead seems to last longer and either because it is an injectable and also because the drug is designed using nanotechnology what makes it even more durable. But the effects of risperidone tablets and injectable paliperidone should be similar since paliperidone is the major active metabolite of risperidone. And everything depends always of dosing and time you were taking the drugs.
Reading this forum is naive and conformist thinking that the effects will last forever.

An shrinker never cures, never heals and never improves the capabilities of his patients. Contrary the patient becomes a more dumb person with more fears and less autonomous.

Week 29 off the poison
Wasn't going to update till week 35 but my plan to start exercising this week has been delayed for a couple of weeks whilst I chill out and continue to just laze about as I try to make plans for the future.
At least the thread is still an interesting read, we're all going to heal at different times, that seems obvious, but we should have the similar symptoms and it should be helpful to people at the early stage and even late stage to know that the symptoms go away at a certain stage. For example I've read a few comments that the sex drive returned at about five months and that was the same for me.
Some people who have posted may have schizophrenia and may need the meds, but they don't usually stick around, but those of us that understand why we have felt so ill for so many months and have had the poison forced on us for whatever reason need to try and chill out as we try and recover from this experience.
There's not that much information out there and this thread and version one have most of the facts on. A couple of people returned after two years to say they had recovered, but two years for an injection that the doctors think only lasts a month is a joke. Hopefully people stick around till we get a real time recovery story.
Myself, I'm feeling a bit better each month and was hoping to be recovered at half life five, week 35, but after reading some of the comments I'm not so sure now and it might be half life six. Its a slow process and I'm going to have to make some lifestyle changes and start exercising soon because I don't think your suddenly going to wake up one day and be recovered.
It does get easier as the months go by and you start to get interests again and the depression lifts, it would just be encouraging to know that people are recovering or have recovered, but all we can do is keep posting and believing.

They are currently working on laws in the US to make Kratom illegal at the federal level.

I have a couple of questions on this. What sources do you have for this info? And why, if you know, are they trying to outlaw something far less addictive than say, Oxycontin? Except to please Big Pharma and methadone/suboxone doctors? I use it for pain and depression, and fear having to go back to using harmful drugs with a higher addiction profile then Kratom has. TY RT

As regards the tremors. There is a med called Cogentin (Benztropine is the generic) that was originally used for Parkinson's Disease. It has been found very useful for tremors cause by anti-psychotics.

Yes, I concur with UIF on that. It helped my tremors when I was on an atypical anti-psychotic medication, as well the RLS and general restless feeling it gave me. Very good, non-addictive medicine.

I've searched the entire internet and not a single success story exists for coming off Invega.. I have noticed a LOT of improvement in 3 months, and bad robots story at 8 months is the most inspiring one yet, but can't one person just say they have fully recovered? I really don't get it and it really pisses me off. I feel like it will recover for me in the next 2-3 months and I also get that pain in the top right side of my head so I know there is hope, but I just wish there was more evidence of full recoveries.

Last edited:
The half life of Risperdal Consta (similar medication with similar inredients) is 3-6 days. As some of you might remember, I was on Risperdal Consta for about a year and a half. Recovery time was less than 3 months. Just barely 9 weeks.

And yes. I had made a full recovery.

With a little math... the latest your recovery from Invega Sustenna could possibly be is 504 days or approximately 17 months from the last injection. But I'd be surprised to see anyone suffering from the effects that long... considering:

1. You'd see so much improvement many weeks prior to that day, the improvements following would be so small... you just wouldn't notice them.
2. Most of you only received 1-3 shots.

If my calculations are correct. You'd see the biggest improvements from 9-15 months. But like I said, by that time the following improvements would be so small, you wouldn't even notice them.

Last edited:
I've searched the entire internet and not a single success story exists for coming off Invega.. I have noticed a LOT of improvement in 3 months, and bad robots story at 8 months is the most inspiring one yet, but can't one person just say they have fully recovered? I really don't get it and it really pisses me off. I feel like it will recover for me in the next 2-3 months and I also get that pain in the top right side of my head so I know there is hope, but I just wish there was more evidence of full recoveries.

In 3 months improvements are barely noticeable.
Buddy, follow your teachers, wait and see!!

What is everybody's symptoms BTW? For me it's the following
I'm not as bright as I used to be
No motivation
No pleasure from anything, including weed and cigs and beer, Ie can't get drunk or high
I have involuntary muscle movements while sleeping, it wasnt happening originally when came off but Is happening lately, wtf. Like my arm or leg just move on its own
Oh and I have a pain on right side of head, constant non going away pain. What's everyone's story btw, why were u all forced the shot? In my case I was taking the pill for about 5 weeks then got off cause side effects but was surprised I was still feeling like shit. It's honestly ruined my life, my life was a solid 10 b4 all this, now all aspects have been ruined.

@Gdvffh 2, 3, 4 months is nothing for this poison... even for a single shot

Last edited:
I had the 253 followed by 150 muscle shot 3 long months ago. The first month was such hell that I can't even comprehend how some of you got any more than one shot. Death would have been a very acceptable alternative for me than that next scheduled shot.. Good job for you who survived that first month. I know there has to be people out there who simply didn't have the strength. Rest in peace.

For me, all the really negative effects are gone after 3 months. I am just stuck with the feeling in my head that's empty/ smothered. The waves of which have become more noticeable, getting heavier and lighter to where it feels almost gone every 2-3 days and the cycle repeats. I feel no motivation, no pleasure from anything, not even weed or beer, and I occasionally get a pain in the right side of my head too. I'm glad I made it this far because it has gotten a lot easier for me to be patient now that the restlessness and torturous anxiety are over with.

Thanks Irredescentblack and Ripoffap! I think stick with the half life theory and we will all see that light on the other end!

Last edited:
Just for your information, when I say I have around 8.6mg of poison in my blood, it's according to my half lives calculations, because in France they don't do blood tests for antipsychotics!
I always take the highest half life (50 days) to have a realist estimation.

But you can also tests your blood level of prolactine, when it's high than the normal rates, it means that you still have a certain amount of poison in your blood. When you recover your normal rate of prolactine, then for the girls you have chances to have your periods again.

The more math I do on this subject, the more I realize it's total bullshit. Thinking back to some of the previous comments, maybe it's true (and maybe my pdoc's right): maybe the Invega Sustenna has 'left my system'. I forget who it was who suggested that the receptors are all screwed up or out of whack even after the venom has left one's system, sorry for not giving credit where credit is due... but, looking back through one of my journals, it was actually week 14 that Risperdal Consta's effect wasn't so strong anymore. That's about 16 half lives (counting 6 days for each half life). Anyway, long story short: what's curious and perturbing is that there would have been a little more than 0.0005 mg of Risperdal Consta solution still in my body. Zeno's Paradox. Though it can never fully reach zero on it's own, how could such a small amount affect me so much...?

Honestly, all this is just making me considering hopping on board with how Bad Robot is handling it. Maybe I'll just smoke a joint every once in a while, drink a bottle of ginseng extract or chomp on some mushies every so often. That probably isn't the best thing for getting my dopamine working regularly again, but it might damn near work!

Its a boost when you can handle smoking weed again, it does help coming to terms from being forced to take this poison.
Not sure being stoned 24/7 is going to help long term, but having a couple of joints at night has helped me now I've got my tolerance up a bit, even beer started to taste nice last night.
Its giving me something to look forward to each day now and as I read from one of the recovery stories its best to just spoil yourself and just try and live as easy and stress free life as possible while you go through this experience.

hi again. are any of you taking antidepressants? im on brintellix. does anyone know if antidepressants do anything for invega side effects ? like depression or anedonia? thank you.

@eduardorosarios: I never took antidepressant, it's useless because your anhedonia/depression is caused by your dopamine and serotonine receptors blocked ! It's even worse to take this kind of drug because it making the recovery slower. You better take vitamins or go exercise so that you will eliminate all the poison stored in your fat.

@iridescentblack &Bad Robot: If I was you, I would never touch poison again, by using weed you'll perturb the chemical balance of your receptors and will one day or another have a relapse. Just have a healthy lifestyle: good sleep, healthy food, vitamins, exercise every week and you'll see the improvements, keep being patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.