• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderal/Vyvanse cross-tolerance with MDMA

SmellyOldWasp

Greenlighter
I'm having a bit of a problem with MDMA. I fucking love the stuff but ever since I started taking adderal/vyvanse, I literally can't roll anymore. If I pop a molly I feel like my heart speeds up and I feel a little more empathetic but I don't get ANY of the intense euphoria.

I've been taking adderal/vyvanse on and off for about a year. I do adderal/vvanse in moderate doses about twice a week on average.

How long of a break from addy/vyvanse would be required so that I can fully feel the effects of MDMA? Has anybody else been in this situation? I took a complete break from all amphetamines for almost 2 months and my roll was still shitty. Should I even bother or could this be a permanent tolerance?

Also, the MDMA quality is NOT to blame here, trust me.

Last edited:
The "euphoria" feeling, medically described as a rapid change of your brain's neuro-chemistry. Dopamine primarily, and Serotonin and Norepinephrine much less so. The Euphoria happens when there's a dramatic increase in the nucleus accumbens, which is our "Motivational / Task Siliency" area of our brain.

Both Adderall and Vyvanse act as a direct TAAR1 receptor agonist, which effectively releases our catecholamines (Serotonin, Norepinephrine, Dopamine). This is the reason it works to help people with ADHD focus.

(Side note: it helps people with ADHD focus due to a finding that people with ADHD have a dramatically lower concentration of the neurotransmitter Norepinephrine in the Prefrontal Cortex.)

Now, the reason I wrote that out is to now explain why you don't hit a *huge* rush of Euphoria as you did before you starting taking psychostimulants.

MDMA, is known to release and inhibit reuptake of Serotonin, and Oxytocin DRAMATICALLY more than it does Dopamine / Norep. However, it does increase the release of Dopamine... which is why you used to get a rush of Euphoria before.

Now, taking the Adderall / Vyvanse.. your reward portion of your brain is already filled with Dopamine.. so once you consume the MDMA.. there's not enough receptors to allow each and every dopamine to bind to. Therefore, not achieving your maximal Euphoric rush.

ANSWER: You asked how long after the Add/Vyv dose should you do the MDMA.. I suggest 36 hours, since Dextroamphetamine (active in both of the pills were talking about) has a half-life of 9 - 18 hours. Meaning double the maximum time on that, and your system should be clean.

Or, you could just wait like a night or so.. and you should be good.

Anyways, sorry for this being so long.. hope it helps though!

I've tried many different things same time before and after taking d-amphetamine. Weed affects NEXT day dose of d-amp 100 % every time. Taking d-amp early in day and cocaine at night and the coke doesn't feel the same. Same coke after a night of sleep (precious thing messing with stims too much) not having previously taken the d-amp feels much more enhanced with solid life of its own. Actually that's a very good way of putting it 'life of its own' d-amphetamine will wear the shit out of your brain feel good system. It's stressful. It will deplete everything so if you mix any stimulant with it too soon it just won't feel close.

I would not jeapordize beautiful experience of rolling with any fatigue or lingering brain depletion from d-amp. I would take at least 2 week break with long acting half life vyanase before touching mdma. It's real hard to know when your brain is going to be replenished otherwise. Only way to know is when you feel 'vibrant.' this is a sense of not wearing yourself thin. A sense of I have excess psychic energy that can be channeled for euphoric stim purposes.