• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP TheArtofWar

neon black

Greenlighter
I'm sorry to report that ArtofWar is no longer with us.. I don't know if this is appropriate to post in this manner or not. [mods/admins if you need to ask me anything, I'll stay logged-in to check pm's, and will check the email account associated with this username. I know this username is greenlighter but I used to go by bmxxx and I talked with artofwar for years. I just found this out via facebook, his mom posted it under an hour ago. I'll verify his info with mods if need be. Apologies if this isn't the way to relay this information, it just seems inappropriate not to let this be known] You were a good guy, you were smart, cool, you cared about others and were always ready to help; you were one of, probably the, best people I've ever met through the internet. RIP brother, wherever you are now :(

RIP theartofwar

It is with significant sadness that I am posting that theartofwar (or as I and many of us knew him, John) died this afternoon. I do not know the cause, I only know that it was very sudden. This is confirmed by his family.

John was like a little brother to me. Words are inadequate. In a world of difficulty, death, and destruction, John was a bright light and a safe harbor. Never, in 5+ years of friendship, did he or I have an unkind word.

May blessings be with his family, and also our Bluelight family, at this difficult time. John, you now have the task of looking over your big sister. Please watch over your family first and then your sister by another mister. ;) May heaven smile upon you, may peace be with us all.

<3

I'm sorry to report that ArtofWar is no longer with us.. I don't know if this is appropriate to post in this manner or not. [mods/admins if you need to ask me anything, I'll stay logged-in to check pm's, and will check the email account associated with this username. I know this username is greenlighter but I used to go by bmxxx and I talked with artofwar for years. I just found this out via facebook, his mom posted it under an hour ago. I'll verify his info with mods if need be. Apologies if this isn't the way to relay this information, it just seems inappropriate not to let this be known] You were a good guy, you were smart, cool, you cared about others and were always ready to help; you were one of, probably the, best people I've ever met through the internet. RIP brother, wherever you are now :(

We have no issues here in SD with you passing on this information, please accept and pass on our deepest condolences to his family and friends...

I can't even believe it. I'm so happy that we were able to meet and hang out a few summers ago. I still have the Buddha you gave me to protect me.

Rest easy, my friend. So many loved you and you will be missed dearly <3

Oh, no. His voice stood out in both perception and kindness. John survived so much in his life, and he kept his heart throughout, always there for others. His love of his family and his animals was so strong and real. I know that his parents and siblings will suffer the loss their son and brother forever and I wish them peace.

John used to come and go from TDS and whenever he reappeared after a long absence he brought all that love and light back with him. It's been a while since he was around but I always looked forward to his return. I am so sorry.

Last edited:
Theartofwar was a welcome regular in TDS. He asked for help openly when he needed it and was always one of the kindest and most real voices offering help to everyone else. I am so sad to hear this. I used to tease him that his user name should be theartofsurvival.:(

Fucking hell! Thanks bmxxx. Contributed a lot of info to SD. Rip my friend...

This sucks. I feel like someone just punched me in the stomach. Theartofwar was one of those posters who I could immediately recognized just by the style and voice echoing out of the words. Even though we only private messaged a few times a couple years back, he was one of those people I felt like I got to know just by reading his posts. My heart goes out to his friends and family.

Got the news early this morning. This is absolutely devastating. John had been a close friend of mine for probably four years now. He would come and go as things in his life fluctuated between bad and good, but he seemed to have been doing a lot better as of late. I always admired him for continuing to push forward despite the amount of trauma and shame he never seemed like he could shake.

The world lost a bit of its warmth yesterday. We need to all do our parts to help his kindness live on.

Theartofwar was a welcome regular in TDS. He asked for help openly when he needed it and was always one of the kindest and most real voices offering help to everyone else. I am so sad to hear this. I used to tease him that his user name should be theartofsurvival.:(
Yeah, he was the type to get help when needed, i mean hell he posted on facebook about whether snow would stop him from getting to his meeting or not like 1d or so before this.. still cannot believe this.
Fucking hell! Thanks bmxxx. Contributed a lot of info to SD. Rip my friend...
I went to pm you but greenlight status and all.. can you pm/email me when you have a chance? Hope your blast is going well dude

Sorry to here this although I never new him but a loss is sad for many. Two people I new died last year one a close friend another a neighbor and I am reminded every day by the inscriptions on there vehicles. Time will heal all concerned, may they find the piece he now has. SB

HELL. NO.

You were a part of my community... Your presence on TDS meant so much...I saw so many people profoundly affected by your posts. Why is this happening to so many people :( RIP.

I find myself thinking of you a lot, John. How it was so obvious that you had an innate sense of the humor and absurdity in life, how much you truly loved to laugh and be light in spirit. And how you were damaged by abuse at such a young age. How your abuser was no doubt himself damaged by abuse and even moreso by becoming an abuser. I just keep wanting the world to be different, for all the people whose names are here in the shrine to come back and find a healed world, a safe world, a world in which humans help each other to navigate their own darkness without causing harm. Your birthright was to be a happy person spreading happiness to others. You did not fail at this. You succeeded against all odds. <3

:( I didn't believe it was you so I looked though my old chat transcripts. I cried and I laughed. :( Oh why :( <3.

You were there for me buddy. I remember all the times. I wish I was there for you when you needed me for that second. You were a real person and a friend. <3.

he shared in the lounge time to time and would brighten things up, and tds, taow was what we all called him, he will be missed. <3

John ive been thinking about you. You stayed w me and my family in new york. You suffered alot in your life. I love and care about you. I wish i could have done more to help. I hope you are free and at peace.