L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

saying i love you

musman69

Greenlighter
I have a friend who is about to say i love you to his girlfriend. I worry for him because he hasn't even met her parents and they live 30 minutes away. They've been dating almost 6 months. I want to know what's the normal time length before saying "i love you"

I waited 1.5 months

There is no proper timeframe, when you feel it you say it - as simple as that.
Having not met someone's parents shouldn't stop you from expressing how you feel.
You're declaring your love to a particular individual not to their parents.

True. It comes out like a burp or something.

Last edited:
Yeah i understand that. it just seems odd he hasnt met hers. Shes met his about a dozen times.

to be honest, for me ive only said i love you. Truthfully to 2 girls in my life. ive said it to alot of girls but whether ive meant it is a different story. when you feel love you know it, its not something that can be judged with time. my ex fiance we said i love you after being together for a month or so. If he feels he/she is ready then just be standing there ready as a friend not over protective but be ready for if shit hits the fan they are going to need you.

if she is very introvert she may react badly but if they are very open with eachother then this could be a very good thing for their relationship. you just need to watch her actions and his see what is happening and offer sound advice people get caught up in a relationship and they forget everything that is going on around them...

-zon

Who cares if they haven't met the parents? I said "I love you" before meeting my bf's parents. Why? They aren't him. Do you love the person? Then say it.

Also, you waited 1.5 months and you think 6 months is too early? Quite confusing.

Ahhh, I waited 9 months with my first boyfriend and 7 or 8 months (I don't remember) with my fiance. When it feels right....

Who cares if they haven't met the parents? I said "I love you" before meeting my bf's parents. Why? They aren't him. Do you love the person? Then say it.

Also, you waited 1.5 months and you think 6 months is too early? Quite confusing.

Ahhh, I waited 9 months with my first boyfriend and 7 or 8 months (I don't remember) with my fiance. When it feels right....

I never said 6 months is too early.

This.

You're not saying, "I want to marry you." You're merely saying how you feel. Aint nothing wrong with that.

Well said.

My lady and I met, and declared our (truthful) love for each other 3 days later. Now, we are freshly engaged, absolutely stoked to marry each other. :) The irony is that we waited almost 9 years to get engaged. Time is clearly not the constant when it comes to love!!

Tell him to tell her, and look her dead in the eye as he says it.

Man I through out 'I love you's' to burds within the first two weeks! Like all guys he'll hold of meeting the parents for a long as he can.

i just told one of my best friends of like 5 years that i loved her and that shes like one of the most beautiful people ive ever met.

i went to a social workshop the other week at this hippy festival, and it was all about breaking down barriers and being as honest to yourself as you can when communicating with people. i decided i diddnt wanna miss out on any deepness in my relationships with my friends so from now on im just going to always state my feelings to everyone.

it was pretty nice, i elaborated as to why i love her for like 10 minutes, she cried, we hugged, we got drunk and grilled food together and just shot the shit for like 5 hours and then she went home. it was a pretty fucking beautiful day.

dont ever withold "i love you" from anyone that you love.

Last edited:

For westerners it's no big deal. In eastern cultures, parents play a much bigger part in a child's life. In some countries, it's quite normal for parents to move in with one of their children when they retire, so it's important they all get along. It's bizarre to me but to each their own.

I think your friend knows whats best for himself and the relationship better than u do..if its meant to be it doesnt matter when u say it..everything will work out