• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Hallucinations getting worse

wezface

Bluelighter
So, I have always had a tendency to see little things move, or hear stuff that isn't there. It's never been a problem because I can usually reason whether it was a hallucination or not. But they're starting to get worse, especially with the audial ones. I hear knocking on the door and talking, singing. Not just when your brain is trying to convert white noise to something or deal with silence, but like really hearing it.

I'm on abilify, Lexapro, propranolol, benzotropine, gabapentin, savella and tizanidine and take diphenhydramine and loperimide for the obvious.

Anybody else have issues on these meds?

try switching meds
and obviously tell your pDoc
Definitely antipsychotics would be your target area, if Abilify isn't working try another one.
I take Latuda 80 mg and Saphris 5 mg daily, these antipsychotics are working for me i recommend them.
THe Saphris tastes like shit when it melts under your tongue but the taste only lasts for like a minute

Yes, and both Latuda and Saphris are available in US, Canada, UK, and all EU countries as of 2015 so i'd recommend giving them a try if you live in one of those countries.

Interesting. Thank you for this. I've tried so many and a lot of them like Seroquel just make me a zombie all day, others just simply don't work, and I was so, so excited when this started working. I'm only on 2.5mg of abilify too, which is super strange. But yeah I'll look into Latuda.

So, I have always had a tendency to see little things move, or hear stuff that isn't there. It's never been a problem because I can usually reason whether it was a hallucination or not. But they're starting to get worse, especially with the audial ones. I hear knocking on the door and talking, singing. Not just when your brain is trying to convert white noise to something or deal with silence, but like really hearing it.

I'm on abilify, Lexapro, propranolol, benzotropine, gabapentin, savella and tizanidine and take diphenhydramine and loperimide for the obvious.

Anybody else have issues on these meds?

Those sound like the type of hallucinations people get when they intentionally overdose on anticholinergics like diphenhydramine. Maybe this is related to your benztropine dosage? Have you had any other issues with that med?

Maybe not since you've always had those issues, but those sound like the same types of hallucinations.

Those sound like the type of hallucinations people get when they intentionally overdose on anticholinergics like diphenhydramine. Maybe this is related to your benztropine dosage? Have you had any other issues with that med?

Maybe not since you've always had those issues, but those sound like the same types of hallucinations.

They do, and they are, really, and they definitely are more pronounced when I take a lot of diphenhydramine. I've had them since before the benzotropine was added, though, so I'm not sure... I think it just may be one of those fun anomalies I keep seeming to collect.

Interesting. Thank you for this. I've tried so many and a lot of them like Seroquel just make me a zombie all day, others just simply don't work, and I was so, so excited when this started working. I'm only on 2.5mg of abilify too, which is super strange. But yeah I'll look into Latuda.

Seroquel has been a nightmare for me. It makes me incapacitated for 24 hours. I´m always sleeping, lethargic, and madly quiet.

Seroquel is a drug that makes you sleep for 14 hours and still wake up tired.
I was on 800mg/daily from age 15-19. I slept a lot of my teen years

I used to get hallucinations sometimes as a kid. I would see multi colored rain falling from the ceiling or sometimes i would get flashes of something in the dark that was not actually there. I would also get paranoid an d think there where people hiding in the shadows at night. This continued up until my teens and ever since i was 24 i have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and anxiety. I do get some psychotic symptoms during extreme mood swings so maybe it was just a precursor to bipolar disorder. I do know anticholinergic's when taken in high doses can make you more susceptible to hallucinations. I took 25 50mg's Dimenhydrinate tabs once when i was 11 or 12 to try and get high (in my defense this was well before Erowid or BL existed) and even after the horrible delirium was over for months after sometimes i would get some of the symptoms back especially if i was really tired and lacking sleep.

Benzatropine is a really strong anticholinergic and i imagine mixing it with the Diphenhydramine must cause significant added anticholinergic symptoms. So if your already susceptible to hallucinations this combination could make it worse. I am not a big believer in controlling movement disorders caused by a anti-psychotic with a anti-cholinergic anyway as it can actually make it worse in the long run.

Benztropine gave me urinary retention which is the worst... an atheist will pray to god after 15 minutes of standing over the toilet just to get a urine stream going.

IME Benadryl is the best cure for akathisia, besides certain drugs like weed or opiates. benadryl for me kicks in in 30 minutes and kills akathisia but makes me very drowsy

god quit taking so many different things that you loose your mind! but obviously talk to a doctor first; personally I would discontinue taking any fucking thing if I was loosing it.

god quit taking so many different things that you loose your mind! but obviously talk to a doctor first; personally I would discontinue taking any fucking thing if I was loosing it.

Well he said he was losing it before the meds too so maybe, instead of telling him to discontinue the meds, maybe tell him to switch to different ones? :O
because obviously being off meds hasn't worked for him either

So if you suddenly started to develop symptoms of psychosis or mania you would refuse medical treatment such as a anti-psychotic and/or mood stabilizer? Sounds rather counterintuitive to me. Also if she did stop all those meds she would get some nasty withdrawal symptoms as well as rebound symptoms from the meds. The only real big concern i would have against her meds is the fact that she is on savella which is a SNRI used for fibromyalgia as well as depression along with Lexapro which is a SSRI. Thus you raise the risk of developing Serotonin syndrome and the Abilify could make that more likely to happen as well. That is the biggest risk with that med combo by far. Though taking Benzatropine with Diphenhydramine can cause some very unpleasant symptoms to say the least.

I myself am currently taking Lamotrigine, Seroquel, Wellbutrin and Clonazepam for bipolar disorder and also anxiety. That's not even counting the meds i take for chronic pain so many people would consider that alot of meds but i am much more "sane" (whatever that means) now then before i was diagnosed and put on meds for it. I was a total rapid cycling mess until i found the right combo of meds but besides being abit bummed out and frustrated at life in general i am fine these days.

^ well sometimes guess what , the human body SOMETIMES prefers to just run the way it was wired to , chemical free... and all I heard was that he was taking these drugs , and seemed to be having reactions to them... as he never mentioned having hallucinations before he started all those mood stabilizers ....

I was prescribed Wellbutrin, lexapro, abilify, remeron , zoloft, clonazepam, adderall etc. etc. etc. and often more than 3 drugs at once, because the doctor(s) would say shit to my parents, like I had bi-polar, or some autism spectrum disorder, or manic depression, ADHD, etc. etc. and it was all BULLSHIT. They put me on a huge amount of drugs, this little kid, and convinced me and my parents that I needed to be "balanced out" ; all because of some behaviour problems in 6-7 grade.

Now I don't take any of those... all they did was fuck with me... I'm just explaining my outlook and experience. That often times doctors will overprescribe and over diagnose- - all to keep you on meds and seeing them when in fact your system is more or less "normal" and wants to run organically and normally. just my 2 cents

^ well sometimes guess what , the human body SOMETIMES prefers to just run the way it was wired to , chemical free... and all I heard was that he was taking these drugs , and seemed to be having reactions to them... as he never mentioned having hallucinations before he started all those mood stabilizers ....

The human body IS chemicals. Chemicals and meat. That's it. There's no such thing as a "chemical free" human.

I was prescribed Wellbutrin, lexapro, abilify, remeron , zoloft, clonazepam, adderall etc. etc. etc. and often more than 3 drugs at once, because the doctor(s) would say shit to my parents, like I had bi-polar, or some autism spectrum disorder, or manic depression, ADHD, etc. etc. and it was all BULLSHIT. They put me on a huge amount of drugs, this little kid, and convinced me and my parents that I needed to be "balanced out" ; all because of some behaviour problems in 6-7 grade.

Now I don't take any of those... all they did was fuck with me... I'm just explaining my outlook and experience. That often times doctors will overprescribe and over diagnose- - all to keep you on meds and seeing them when in fact your system is more or less "normal" and wants to run organically and normally. just my 2 cents

So your experience is a universal one then by that rational? Yeah i guess i should stop taking my Clonazepam, Lamictal and the rest including my pain meds altogether. I am sure i would be in great shape indeed 8) . Just because you got doped up as a kid does not mean that adults do not need these meds. Everyone reacts differently to everything anyway.

You just seem to be one of those anti-psych med crowd and i hate to tell you but you are not chemical free. If you where you would literally be dead and i don't even know what kind of bullshit you mean by having your system run organically.

Ok obviously i mean rx-drug-free , and anti psychs are the nastiest . Left brian wilson looking and talking retarted ....you probably would be in great shape if you had what it takes to quit your obviously required painmeds and benzos .... what kind of bullshit did you have to spin to keep your doctor wrapped around your little finger anyways ?

Yeah organically , as in all natural , life without doctor prescribed psychoactives.

Its intrestng a young guy like you on prescr

Ok obviously i mean rx-drug-free , and anti psychs are the nastiest . Left brian wilson looking and talking retarted ....you probably would be in great shape if you had what it takes to quit your obviously required painmeds and benzos .... what kind of bullshit did you have to spin to keep your doctor wrapped around your little finger anyways ?

Yeah organically , as in all natural , life without doctor prescribed psychoactives.

Its intrestng a young guy like you on prescr

Believe it or not i do have legit chronic pain so it has absolutely nothing to do with having what it takes. It's called Trigeminal Neuralgia so it's not so interesting that i am on Morphine. Perhaps in the future you shouldn't assume things right off the bat like that because you do come off as a total cunt when showed up. As for having a organic body i guess you don't smoke Cigarettes, Cannabis, drink alcohol or take caffeine then? They are psychoactive drugs after all.

Also Brian Wilson was on huge doses of typical anti-psychotics such as Thorazine which in high doses can cause movement disorders. I have never had a problem with it but i have never taken it long term either. He had a really bad doctor who basically controlled his life and doped him to the gills on various anti-psychotics. That is the fault of the doctor not the drugs themselves. Seroquel on the otherhand has a very low risk of causing movement disorders as it does not antagonize Dopamine nearly as strongly as say Haldol or Risperidone. In the future you may want to educate yourself on a subject before acting like a know it all twat.

I don't think anti-psychotics are nasty drugs at all when used correctly and fast acting anti-psychotics such as Olanzapine have just about saved my life in the past. If you where having a mixed state and felt like eating a shotgun as a result i would bet you would be reaching for the Zyprexa and Clonazepam pretty quickly. And again how can you say everyone will have the same experience as you from these drugs? Many people would not be able to function without these meds so should we go back to the good ol days when the only treatment for mental disorders where ECT and Lobotomies?