• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Venting The Vent/Rant Thread Vs. You Silly KnuckleHeads Can Go Fly a Kite!!

Sorry, I feel bad coming on here to whine! I'm just full of so much self-hate right now. Last week I was in an accident that tore my hand open/ off. I took an (accidental) overdose of pregab to try to stop the pain.. it was so stupid, I was just so desperate for it to stop, and ended up in a coma. I know should be grateful to be alive, but waking up intubated has really set me back. I'm still clean, nearly 6 months, but ah.. I don't know what to do, having constant panic attacks since I've been out. I feel like a wreck.

^That accident sounds horrible! Were you on a bike or in a car or...? I'm really sorry. How is your hand healing?

I am in the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life and apparently it's not supposed to peak for another six hours. I had surgery on both feet today, had four bones removed and two pins inserted, and the local anesthetic has been slowly wearing off. I am supposed to walk for five minutes every hour, and have no valid painkillers (norco 5/325). I think for this type of pain I would need something like oxy, but I don't think I would take that either because I don't want to wake the addicted part of my brain. This sucks. I didn't think it would be this bad, though I've never had surgery before so I really had no frame of reference. This is going to be a long long night. Thanks to listening to me complain. I know I'm being a baby, but I've lead a pretty privledged life with respect to health and injury. This is a new realm.

I am sorry you are going through this. Perhaps sharing your addiction issues with the doctor may give him/her better possibilities. Idk. I have gone through a similar situation when I had to go through surgery and had implants in my upper leg. But this happened before I had quit.

They put me on fentanyl patches hoping that would not make me euphoric, but serve only as analgesia. I was going through a good phase but relapsed a couple of weeks later. I wasn't as mature as I am now, but there's must be a way.

Hang in there and fight your demons if you have to. You can do this. I have a feeling that you'll know what to do.Keep us posted Moreaux. Believe in yourself. Good luck!<3

I am sorry formyour situation Moreaux. I hope you'll manage tocdeal with pain without strong narcotics if that is what you want.

Sorry for typos. Had to take some bemzoa for a flight and they haven't wpre off yet.

How to heck I ammsupposed toc sleept with this jetlag?

Thx guys! The pain was terrible last night but I finally fell asleep, and today it is a little better. I've never had surgery before and have never had pain to this level, so it was a unexpected surprise.

MrRoot - did you fly over to the US? Melatonin helps with jetlag and is sold over the counter here at drug stores and pharmacies. You don't need much either.

^ You don't. Stay awake until it's time to sleep in Finland or wherever you are. Or postpone or wait one hour every day until you match your time zone.

@Moreaux, I read some of my old prescriptions and reports I still have and norco 5/325 is actually not that bad. Together with specific anti inflammatories, in that dose and provided you use as prescribed it should be okay. You'll probably still feel pain but it decreases it considerably as you keep using them. The same applies for Tramadol or codeine. These opiates, as you know are for moderate to severe pain. I understand we want 100% off pain obviously. However, considering you don't have a tolerance anymore they should be able to help. I know everyone is different, the same applies for doctors and hospitals. In some hospitals Oxycontin is not used very often. Not only because it's very addicting but also because its version of long acting is not ideal for post surgeries.

The acute post surgery pain should not last more than 24-48 hours, unless you have gone through a greater surgery with Intensive Care 24 hour recovery, etc. It's scares us if you are doing it for the first time, but it will go away or become tolerable very soon.

Last edited:
Yeah currently waiting for getting into my hotel. I guess I take ambien and change my rhytm with that as well as with melatonin as I don't have time to adjust by going sleap earlier.

[MENTION=323027]Erikmen[/MENTION] - I've always used melatonin to readjust to a different time zone, even if I'm not going to be there long just so I can function, especially if it's work related. Ideally, keeping the same schedule as you do at home would be great, but sometimes it's just not feasible of the time change is too great, in my experience.

Also, I didn't realize there was a cumulative effect with pain meds. I will have to keep that in mind should I ever need them in the future. I tried some yesterday and there literally seemed to be no effect so I gave up. I haven't had anything today, but the pain isn't nearly as intense as it was yesterday. I appreciate all the info - as you can tell by my post I'm dated when it comes to what's being prescribed as I haven't had pain meds scripted since 1995 lol. Back then at the naval clinic it was always OxyContin in large quantities which is probably why I ended up with an addiction lol.

Sorry, I feel bad coming on here to whine! I'm just full of so much self-hate right now. Last week I was in an accident that tore my hand open/ off. I took an (accidental) overdose of pregab to try to stop the pain.. it was so stupid, I was just so desperate for it to stop, and ended up in a coma. I know should be grateful to be alive, but waking up intubated has really set me back. I'm still clean, nearly 6 months, but ah.. I don't know what to do, having constant panic attacks since I've been out. I feel like a wreck.

Don't feel bad mate - get as much as you need out here - it's the place to do it! That injury sounds horrendous :(
How is it healing?
Take things easy with yourself for the interim and that means that if you need to feel angry or frustrated - do!! - Thats the most natural thing in the world; especially considering what you're dealing with.
Much love to you <3

Sorry to rant about small things but I've been suffering jet lag insomnia tonight. Can't sleep and have to attend funeral this morning. I guess there are others too who couldn't sleep so it isn't that bad hopefully. Some very strong coffee at the morning and I'll hope I stay awake.

I hear you, Mr R. I've been up tossing and turning waiting for the first light. Insomnia sucks.

Sorry you guys are having insomnia - that's terrible. Hope you're able to get some valid sleep soon!
[MENTION=189013]MrRoot[/MENTION] - my condolences for the loss of your friend.

Sorry about your loss @MrRoot, perhaps you have other things in your mind that are keeping you from sleeping.

I also have problems to sleep and very often I have to do things feeling tired and a bit moody.
The medication prescribed to me makes it even worse as do manage to sleep but can't really have a good day.

Im very stressed out and my heart is heavy.

Im turning myself in tomorrow for some complicated shit. Im scared, nervous, restless.... and to make matters worse im coming off suboxone (because I didnt/dont want to do a full detox in a county cell). Im struggling. I should be a full week clean but I have taken tiny doses here and there, relieving symptoms but screwing myself over meanwhile.

My girlfriend and I have a two yr old. My heart aches knowing when he wakes up tomorrow I will be gone, and im not sure for how long.

Torn up inside.

I'm having to deal with these toothaches every morning bc I compress my maxilar. I have done the carbon bite test, all x-rays and will need to wear a night bite plate. I trust that this appliance will prevent me from grinding or biting so hard while I sleep but I wonder why the doctor wasn't interested in finding why this is happening.

Last edited:
Is it ever going to end? :( so mentally drained wiith it all :( so tired :(. I can't fight 'it' no more its won. So exhausted with all of it. There's only so much one can take. So tired :( but I guess a car cannot stop speeding along the motorway because it's running outta petrol. Yawn. :(
God please make this stop :(

Evey

^Remember that you can release your thoughts and give your mind a rest, Evey.

@woamotive: I am so sorry to hear this, wo.:( Is there really no other way than to turn yourself in? I hate to see anyone having to deal with the criminal injustice system.:p

Toothache is getting the best of the weekend. :\ It's so annoying and there's nothing I can do about it.

^ Getting toothache during weekend is hell in here as there are no dentists available weekends. Hopefully it sets atleast to a tolerable level soon.