Recruiting Personal beliefs about legal highs (online survey) - no experience with drugs needed.

LegalHighsPhD

Greenlighter
Hi,

I am a PhD student at London South Bank University and I am researching personal beliefs related to legal high use. If anyone has time, I'd be grateful if you could complete an online survey which takes about 10 minutes. This would really give us some interesting insights into various types of drug use and what sort of factors influence people's decisions whether or not to use a particular type of drug. I'd like to encourage a broad spectrum of people to take part in this research project (regardless of whether they have taken any legal highs or illicit drugs before). This is an international study and no restrictions on country of residence exist.

The study has been reviewed and ethically approved via London South Bank University Research Ethics Committee (ref. 1457).

Thanks for those who have read this message and I would like to welcome you to take part in this survey.

Ursula

Last edited:
As a token of my appreciation, all respondents will be entered into a prize draw for an iPad Mini (if you wish to do so). The draw will take place on Wednesday 1st April 2015 (01/04/2015). The results will be available after the submission of my PhD thesis during 2016.

If you are interested in taking part, please follow the link below and feel free to share it with others.

https://qtrial2014.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4NqQqukTh9554mp

If you would like to discuss any aspect of this study, please contact Ursula Blaszko via the private message system or email: [email protected].

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to take part in the research. Much appreciated! :) This study is about understanding people who use legal highs and other drugs (including alcohol and tobacco), not so much about measuring the health impacts of legal highs.

Thanks for those who took part in the survey. Please tell others about the project and invite them to fill in the survey. I'd really appreciate your help - everyone is welcome - legal high user or not. :) I'm having a presentation at my university in 3-months time and I'd love to be able to share your opinions and knowledge with my colleagues.

Hi everyone, just to give you an update that we've reached 150 participants taking part in this survey. This is a great moment! :) Please take a few minutes to complete the survey if you haven't done so already. All welcome!

Done.

Question, why is Prozac specifically listed on the last question? I found that a bit strange.

Hi Rybee,

Thanks for filling in the survey. Much appreciated! The last question asks about a range of drugs known to be used recreationally, hence Prozac or benzodiazepines.

Hi everyone, just a reminder that today is the last chance to take part in the survey. Please welcome your friends and others who might be interested if you can :)

Hi Rybee,

Thanks for filling in the survey. Much appreciated! The last question asks about a range of drugs known to be used recreationally, hence Prozac or benzodiazepines.

Sorry, I hope I'm not being offensive. But do you know what Prozac is and how it works?

I've never heard of anyone abusing Prozac. Ever?

Yes, Prozac is an anti depressant and it does make you high. Not a drug like some opiates or benzodiazepines.