Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

ambien and xanax mixed with one beer and a night i dont remember

whatson zo

Greenlighter
I'd like to think I'm very familiar with all three substances, I've had alcohol poisoning a few times, yes stupid I know, taken 7 ambien in one night and still functioned normal and remember everything, and no one can tell if I'm blacked out on zannies so its not like I'm some noob with any of them. But this one night I was invited to some bitches party and didn't feel like drinking so I took 6 footballs (which isn't that much) and 2 vitamin As and went on my way. (Drank 1 beer 20 min before I decided not to drink) needless to say I don't remember anything after I pulled out of my driveway. At the party I was told that I sat in a chair and just drooled on myself like a veggie (had drool all over my jacket the next day lol), my dd almost got in a fight so he dragged my corpse to the truck and left where he said I thought he was a power ranger on the way home. It kind of pissed me off that I had no memory of such a cool hallucination and that i didnt remember anyone at the party. I had random people for weeks that would see me at random places that would remember me and couldn't believe that I could talk. I wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them hallucion wise or any similar stories.

I'd like to think I'm very familiar with all three substances, I've had alcohol poisoning a few times, yes stupid I know, taken 7 ambien in one night and still functioned normal and remember everything, and no one can tell if I'm blacked out on zannies so its not like I'm some noob with any of them.

It sounds like you have a lot of experience using these drugs irresponsibly, but very little experience using them safely.

Yes, if you combine benzos/z-drugs/alcohol etc this can happen. That's why you shouldn't do it. A lot of people do have unusual hallucinations on the z-drugs; they're said to have a dissociative element to them.

some bitches party

Classy.

This is awesome haha.I as well have to many experiences with this same situation man. I got known as the guy who got too Zannied out and passed out or couldn't talk right at the parties lol

It sounds like you have a lot of experience using these drugs irresponsibly, but very little experience using them safely.

Yes, if you combine benzos/z-drugs/alcohol etc this can happen. That's why you shouldn't do it. A lot of people do have unusual hallucinations on the z-drugs; they're said to have a dissociative element to them.

Classy.

Thank you, I'd like to think that I'm classy also. I can proudly say I'm still alive and haven't had alcohol poisoning since so I might be out of that slump I was in lol

Xanax or ambien sans alcohol is a waste of Xanax or ambien, ime. The booze makes the prescription last longer and the pills more fun.

Xanax or ambien sans alcohol is a waste of Xanax or ambien, ime. The booze makes the prescription last longer and the pills more fun.

Yeah I learned this over time, Xanax takes away the ambien effects completely. Xannies never made me feel drunk or euphoric like some say, they kinda just calm my mind at low doses, and high doses I just feel really heavy if I fight off the sleep. I figured I'd test em out with a few ambiens which as you read turned into a mistake lol. Oh well, live and learn as they say.

Bluelight is a harm reduction forum. This is horrible, dangerous, potentially life ruining advice.

Bluelight is a harm reduction forum. This is horrible, dangerous, potentially life ruining advice.

Calm your paternalist tits; you sound like a caricature of an overbearing nanny. Censorship and illegal words or advice cannot prevent the careless fools amongst us from acting like careless fools.

Instead of promoting harm reduction by controlling what one can or cannot say, the more effective strategy would be to educate credulous cretins and impressionable idiots on how to be less credulous or impressionable.

Yes it is potentially dangerous -- for a feather-brained, galumphing lummox who couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery, let alone plan out and partake of an afternoon of recreational drug use without things going from fun to fatal in a femtosecond out of sheer fucktardness.

A blundering buffoon will always find some exceptionally clever way to get himself ghastly disfigured or gruesomely dead, no matter how child-proof and/or dimwit-proof their surroundings are made.

Let's keep conversation civil here. Nom, your post wasn't bad enough that I want to edit or remove it but it does contain tones of insults which is really not necessary. But let's also try to remember that a lot of young and inexperienced people read this forum, and this drug combination can be quite dangerous if you're not very careful and experienced (and even then honestly). So I can imagine some kid wanting to get high and he sees this post and is like, "yeah, someone thinks it's okay, I'm going it".

Let's keep conversation civil here.

Ah, right. I apologise for being discourteous or coming across too churlish.

Nom, your post wasn't bad enough that I want to edit or remove it [...]

I am much obliged, Xorkoth. I greatly appreciate your fair-mindedness and sagacity; they are such exotic qualities amongst moderators of message boards (or, let's face it, authority figures as a whole).

[...] but it does contain tones of insults which is really not necessary.

Indeed, and they're quite salient in hindsight. But I hadn't thought it when I was typing out the text. It was a spontaneous, in-the-moment composition and I hadn't given it any forethought or consideration, really.

I'll be less remiss and rude in creating comments thenceforth.

But let's also try to remember that a lot of young and inexperienced people read this forum, and this drug combination can be quite dangerous if you're not very careful and experienced (and even then honestly). So I can imagine some kid wanting to get high and he sees this post and is like, "yeah, someone thinks it's okay, I'm going it".

I had failed to consider the possibility kids might read my comments and confuse my experiences and opinions as advice or suggestions (which they are not). I presumed my audience was comprised solely of adults: on a spectrum ranging from unusually dumb to impressively discerning. But even an impressively discerning bairn may not understand the dangers of concomitantly administering multiple CNS depressants—say, alcohol coupled with zolpidem or cyclopentobarbital.

Notwithstanding, I still do find it enjoyable to recount on my anecdotes and regale with my experiences involving drug use.

Would it be acceptable if from now on I conceal my potentially harmful or dangerous comments behind a spoiler with a short caveat lector or brief forewarning appended, in lieu of absolute, total self-censorship?

Why don't you just include the risks in your comments? This isn't rocket science.