• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Strongest muscle relaxant: Clonazepam vs Diazepam

Whoa, whoa, no one can tell you which of all the benzos are best for you except yourself. I see a lot of people praising valium in here. While xanax firstly, and klonopin secondly, are MY two preferred buzzes of the benzos. Valium, for me, has made me angry and want to fight on a few different occasions. Edgy. So, no, I'm not telling you that everyone is wrong and I'm right, but I am saying that it just depends on YOU and what YOU feel works best for YOU. So, speaking of that, which one do you actually like the best?
IME:
Klonopin - longest lasting, nearly the weakest effects, buzz wize, and by far the longest withdrawals after a month or two daily usage.
Valium - a little stronger. A more energetic head buzz for me. Didn't like them enough to ever take them long enough in a row to experience W/D.
Xanax - I feel are by far the strongest. And I'm not even talking mg for mg... because in a doctor's eyes, 10mg valium = 1mg of xanax, if you know what I'm saying. It's just how they are dosed and related dosage-wise. So while it has the strongest effects, and I don't mean mg for mg, but 10mg vs 1mg being considered equal, it has the shortest half life, which means incredibly strong withdrawal symptoms, but they won't last 4-5 weeks after 2 months daily prescription use from doctor like klonopin does.
Ativan - I'm convinced all ativan is sugar pills. jk... but I used to have a nasty tolerance to benzos and ativan literally wouldn't phase me. I once took 75 ativan pills at once, after doing the math in my head about their mg... and no, it wasn't a suicide attempt. It was a "the math says" attempt at trying to get a buzzz. And I swear to you I recall not feeling a damn thing from them.

But it was always xanax, and it was always... that how many ever I had, if I put the bag in my pocket... I'd kinda come to the next day, 2 days later, and usually 3 days later with only 3 or 4 memories from the passed days, and ALWAYS running to look out the window to see if my vehicle had been wrecked, etc. etc. But, I know a couple other people personally who had this kind of tolerance, but we'd swallow 25x 1mg blues, and not be feeling it good enough only 30 minutes later... and take 15-25mg more. No lie. MANY, MANY times. Many, MANY MANY black outs, too, though. Obviously I am not recommending in any way shape or form that anyone takes that much. But, it's just something about them that makes me let loose more than all the other benzos. Which is why I feel they are the strongest. Kinda like this. Let's just pretend you have some really good coke, and you have some really good crystal.
Let's say you were to bust out a line of each, (different sized lines to match the good buzz you are looking for, just like valium is 10mg and xanax is 1mg, so you can't compare g for g. BUT, "equally" strong doses snorted... and if you truly have good coke, it's going to be more euphoric than the meth. It's also going to come down quicker, harder, and definitely would have infinitely higher chances of you begging your buddy for just "one more bump" of coke. Quality meth is fucking strong, don't get me wrong, and in smaller physical amounts at that, but truly good coke gives a euphoria that I've yet to experience from anything else. I've done coke IV, nasally, and smoked crack. It's just more Wham Bam Thank Ya Ma'am, IMO. But, for those reasons, I'd probably, like I've seen others say, prefer meth to avoid that damn extra $200-300 spent in the same time and terrible coke blues. My analogy of "the same, but different" turned into a ridiculous rant. Sorry.

Last edited:
Tetrazepam is by far the best Muscle Relaxant, but the Problem is you won't get it anymore as it has been taken off the Market! A damn shame that is...

But i wonder: nobody mentioned Baclofen? How about this one?

I just figured the OP was slightly mistaken, but still wanted to know which anti-anxiety med had a better relaxant effect. Soma always comes to my mind when I hear muscle relaxant. Zanaflex. Baclofen is supposed to be a strong one from what I've read, but I have no experience with it that I'm aware of.

It totally varies from person to person. Everyone has different opinions of the same drugs, whether it's which benzo is best, which opiate is most euphoric, etc. I'm sure dose plays a big role. Diazepam is weaker per milligram than most other benzos including Klonopin.

^It may vary, but no Benzo, no other Med i had was as good (and strong) as Tetrazepam was, and it's one Hell of a great Muscle-Relaxant. I think anyone who ever had it, will state the same as me. My highest Doses were 2 x 50mg and this dose was extremely good, almost too good. On the other Hand it didn't do anything in regard to Anxiety, so there's no anxiolytic Action with this one.

I'm still interested in Baclofen, but saying that it's "strong" doesn't match to what i read, meaning that with therapeutic/preceptive intake, it had both, Anti-Anxiety and Muscle-Relaxant properties. Some say it's kinda similar too Phenibut, but this one didn't do anything to me when it comes to releasing the Pull on the wore muscles i have/had sometimes/frequently - and i tolerate high doses of Phenibut (even without Tolerance).

Xanax is good for Anxiolytic Effects but it doesn't do anything at 1mg to help me with my Back Injuries (i.e. as an Relaxant). My highest dose with it was 2mg, kinda moderate dose (from what i gathered on Information) and it, contrary to a 1mg dose, completely erases my Anxiety - so my Question is: does it has much effect with higher doses to work as an Relaxant or is it mostly used for anxiolysis (for which i got it prescribed, i.e. as Emergency Medication)! Perhaps i Switch to Diazepam again, as this had an effect that felt more complete, overall, contrary to Xanax which feels more light and "in my head", more mental - but i should add that i'm not using Alprazolam too long, around 2-3months i think, so perhaps i just have to get a feel for it to get proper effects! Any Input?

Last edited:
In my experience, diazepam has stronger muscle relaxant properties where clonazepam has stronger anti-anxiety properties. YMMV though.

Can I just say; different substance effect people differently.
Benzodiazepines are a case in point.
If you want a muscle relaxant; then buy a muscle relaxant.
Soma (carisoprodol) could be for you.
Please don't mess with benzo's.

Thanks for your input everyone. I think I'm going to give clonazepam a try.

BTW I have tried Soma since starting this thread and it's top stuff. It's quite a bit stronger than diazepam as a muscle relaxant, and it's extremely euphoric as well. It has a very old-school feel to it - like GHB but even better. I don't get why it isn't more popular.

It doesn't even exist here anymore, circa 1999. Never knew why, but then in '99 I was in great shape and although insomniac or the kind of person who has this issue where you're only able to go to bed at sunrise and wake up at noon to 2pm, delayed sleep disorder or something like that, it's on the internets and wikipedia and is a real thing. Also back then Melatonin was banned here, because selling a human hormone as medication was illegal until they made an exception for melatonin in 2007 or so, the year I got on benzos everyday....Sucks because melatonin really works well at putting you to sleep at a reasonable hour and wake up at the same reasonable time. Having that delayed sleep circle syndrome sucks, people will call you lazy or say that you play too many videos games, i was nothing but lazy though, had a huge newspaper run which i would do as soon as the delivery guy tossed a bundle on my porch at 4h30 am or 5ham, do the run, which last 1h30, had breakfast and sometimes I'd try to skip a night to get asleep early that night, it always ended up with the afternoon classes being a disaster because I was too messed up from the completely random sleep circle...that was corrected with a script of seconal, 15 gelcaps a YEAR, to take before really important exams where I couldn't mess up, worked wonderfully. Health Canada removed all the barbs except butalbital and phenobarbital all at once in 2004, so in 2005 and '06 the same strategy was done by my old school doc (he retired out of nowhere without renewing any of my scripts except one...that was a bit irresponsible) and he scripted me Placidyl, 15 doses in 05 and 06 then sometimes later in 06 Health Canada banned Placidyl. What a joke. Now I'm on benzos since 2007.

As for the benzo with the best muscle relaxant effect, it's definitely Tetrazepam, it sucks for anything else though, but is a very powerful muscle relaxant, only available in some european countries though. I know it is in germany, a friend there had a script for a badly sprained ankle along with an opiate only them seem to use, Tilidine, mixed with naloxone, so it should be really fun if IV'd...but lets not go there.

Cyclobenzaprine works well for me. c: but if I had to choose between clonazepam and diazepam I'd say diazepam is a better choice as I believe clonazepam is not used as a muscle relaxer but instead as an anxiolytic and anticonvulsant.

Tilidine is the biggest shite since man made meds, tbh it's even worse than that! And for the Tetra, it's not available anymore because of a side-effect it can cause which can be life-threatening (in 1 outta 276.567 people)! The numbers are not exact but that it's not available in the whole EU is! Damn bricks - made the VERY best muscle relaxant vanish and probably never appear (there's a test on it running till the end of this year which determines if or if it's not hit the shelves of pharmacies again). If you ask me i'm sure it'll be not seen anymore!

Hey I'm new heee but I'm wondering I took 9 Klonopin 3 valium and 2 somas and didn't feel anything and no I don't have a real tolerance to them I'm wondering what the problem is.

Hey I'm a new user her but I have a question I took 3 valium 9 Klonopin and 2 somos and don't feel anything. Also no I don't have a real tolerance to them

Are you sure you don't feel anything? You posted your questions twice..
Benzos tend to fuck you up without you noticing and you took way way too much for someone without a tolerance. Don't drink, don't drive, get someone sober to have an eye on you and never take such a huge dosage again

It doesn't even exist here anymore, circa 1999. Never knew why, but then in '99 I was in great shape and although insomniac or the kind of person who has this issue where you're only able to go to bed at sunrise and wake up at noon to 2pm, delayed sleep disorder or something like that, it's on the internets and wikipedia and is a real thing. Also back then Melatonin was banned here, because selling a human hormone as medication was illegal until they made an exception for melatonin in 2007 or so, the year I got on benzos everyday....Sucks because melatonin really works well at putting you to sleep at a reasonable hour and wake up at the same reasonable time. Having that delayed sleep circle syndrome sucks, people will call you lazy or say that you play too many videos games, i was nothing but lazy though, had a huge newspaper run which i would do as soon as the delivery guy tossed a bundle on my porch at 4h30 am or 5ham, do the run, which last 1h30, had breakfast and sometimes I'd try to skip a night to get asleep early that night, it always ended up with the afternoon classes being a disaster because I was too messed up from the completely random sleep circle...that was corrected with a script of seconal, 15 gelcaps a YEAR, to take before really important exams where I couldn't mess up, worked wonderfully. Health Canada removed all the barbs except butalbital and phenobarbital all at once in 2004, so in 2005 and '06 the same strategy was done by my old school doc (he retired out of nowhere without renewing any of my scripts except one...that was a bit irresponsible) and he scripted me Placidyl, 15 doses in 05 and 06 then sometimes later in 06 Health Canada banned Placidyl. What a joke. Now I'm on benzos since 2007.

As for the benzo with the best muscle relaxant effect, it's definitely Tetrazepam, it sucks for anything else though, but is a very powerful muscle relaxant, only available in some european countries though. I know it is in germany, a friend there had a script for a badly sprained ankle along with an opiate only them seem to use, Tilidine, mixed with naloxone, so it should be really fun if IV'd...but lets not go there.

I like bromazepam. So Canada doesn't have Soma? I always wondered this but having an open diologue with a pain doc just isn't as realistic as it was back in 2012 whne I hurt my spine... even then, the hysteria was well underway. I've tried baclofen and flexeril but found both to leave me feeling fried, drowsy, and just weird. I always thought if I had a good muscle relaxer along with hash I'd never have needed opiates for pain. Yet here I am, on my deathbed before 30 because the opiates got out of hand. Theyndidn't really but I just can't afford an oxy 40 or 80 to take 12 hours apart or a supeudol every 6 hours so I'm fucked. I don't think that would be abuse considering I can't walk well without them amd the pain is indescribable. I feel like I am being abused

i was going to ask my doc about soma anyway though as I have nothing to lose at this point. I've been on benzos for a long time too... I get diazepam, but I prefer clonazepam. Have you ever tried norflurazepam man? I find that the differences between common benzos apart from dynamics are pretty minimal, unlike opioids where I could tell the feeling betweem an oral dilaudid, perocet, or mirphine really easily. I just try and find good heroin though because our country doesn't really prescribe pain meds to people who really need them anymore.

I've never tried fentanyl apart from once sublingual ,edical grade (I found, surprisingly, that it was hauntingly similar to heroin in feeling, onset, but not duration... I was surprised at the euphoria though) - anyways, I don't use fentanyl, but I view myself as a "victim" of the "fentanyl crisis"

i don"t really get why people in extreme pain are not banding together and for,ing movements for better access to opiates, like they have done with weed, when opiates is obviously a way bigger issue since probation is killing people. I think it's due to the shame projected on opiate use by society, which really doesn't help anyone in any way, shape, or for, at all. I see commericials about addiction and detox in Ont now that are downright degrading... I have friends who drink and do 8 balls every weekend, but without me even saying anything to them, they are like "I'm allergic man, I'm allergic." Like I'm some vampire. Since one friend with an open mind let slip that he tried my heroin since he had a sore foot and I knew he always wanted to try it. Ever since, I've been seen as the plague even a,ongst that group of recreational hard drug users without health problems and I live a very reclusive life. The news never presents the story from the persepective of someone in chronic pain... and my last three bosses at work didn't even know what chronic pain was. I guess they saw me as a pussy, when it is a constant internal fight. It's the most stigmatized thing ever, which is ridiculous, as I get along just fine with my benzos and opiates. So why can't I get more than a measely handful of perc 5's which my liver shouldn't evem be taking after 5 fucking years? It's not only an insult, but it's ruining my life that's already beem ruined by the pain. Some say fuck the police, but I say fuck the doctors. I'm still looking for a good one 5 years later but they all seem to share the same (lack of) sentiments and the same hysteria. They try to fuck you off with antidepressamts these days a lot of the time... those are not pain relievers nor were they designed to be. It's all just marketing I guess, it's certain not humane to treat some of the most suffering members of society this way.

I have actually decided to leave Canada because of this, but I'm not sure when, as it's just too hard to work with untreated chronic agony in my spine, so I can't gather up the money to get the fuck out of here to somewhere with real medical care, if such a place even exists. I hear a lot about fentanyl. Fuck that shit. I like oxy's and dillies and... well heroin because I can't get the former ones. And most of the H iS cut garbage too and even that is way too expensive. I feel trapped.

Last edited:
it has an effect on serotonin that other benzos don't (it does the opposite of what an SSRI would do

Where did you read that? I've never heard of kpins effecting serotonin production.

Edit:

Chronic administration of the benzodiazepine, clonazepam, increased the number of [3H]-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT1) binding sites in the frontal cortex of the rat. The increase reflected a change in the maximum density of binding sites (Bmax) with no change in ligand affinity (Kd). Increased binding occurred after continued exposure (10 days) to large (5.0 mg/kg) doses of clonazepam. The changes in [3H]5-HT binding were regional in that they occurred in membranes from the frontal cortex but not the brainstem. The effects were also at least partially selective for 5-HT receptors since the binding of the β-adrenergic radioligand, [3H]dihydroalprenolol, was not affected by clonazepam. A second benzodiazepine, diazepam, did not affect the binding of [3H]5-HT at doses of 30 mg/kg per day. The latter data suggest that the effects of benzodiazepines on serotonin 5-HT1 receptors are unique to clonazepam.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2418653

Well I suppose it does have a mild effect. But I wouldn't think it would be significant enough to really matter.

I'm partial to klonopin. lol

Last edited:
I was literally JUST about to ask about that^^^.

I take clonazepam and it's my favorite benzo, mainly because it works the best for my medical issues(anxiety related panic attacks, stress, heart palpitations, murmurs, chest/heart pain), plus it has a long half life. But reading this info on how it changes the makeup of my frontal cortex is worrisome.

I was literally JUST about to ask about that^^^.

I take clonazepam and it's my favorite benzo, mainly because it works the best for my medical issues(anxiety related panic attacks, stress, heart palpitations, murmurs, chest/heart pain), plus it has a long half life. But reading this info on how it changes the makeup of my frontal cortex is worrisome.

I wouldn't fret. Keep in mind they gave those rats a dose that would be a large dose for a human even lol.. At therapeutic doses you have little to worry about.

I too prefer klonopin for it's duration, and it's one of the only benzos that does not negatively effect my cognitive ability in any noticeable way.

My vote is Kpin, but strong weed with dense cbd elements will relax the shi* outta your muscles imho minus all the amnesia. Lol, well there is some short term problem.