• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Strongest muscle relaxant: Clonazepam vs Diazepam

Xanax for me, i find both diazepam and clonazepam shit benzos, but that may be due to my high xanax tolerance xxx Rachel xxx

Valium is a bit milder, and made to kick in quicker but not last as long. I'd go with klonopin, it's a middle of the road benzo that takes a minute to work but lasts a decent amount of time.

I don't think Klonopin is a real "muscle relaxant" it's a benzo.

I could be wrong but I took it for years and while it helped my anxiety I didn't notice any effect on my muscles.

I thought that muscle relaxants were a seperate class that had very specific bodily effects aside from just being anxiolytics?

Like Soma and things like that I think are muscle relaxants that are seperate from benzos.

Maybe someone could confirm if this is true, but I think maybe that one's body being relaxed because of a CNS depressant like Klonopin is seperate from the action of things like Soma.

Klonopin is not a muscle relaxant it is an anti-anxiety medication.

I think muscle relaxants are things like Soma.

It is used as a muscle relaxant, as well as an anti-seizure medicine, as well as for anxiety.

What if you took like 2 MG of xanax 5 times per day & 0.5 MG of halcion/triazolam at night? How does that compare to Valium or klonopin?

I could be wrong but I took it for years and while it helped my anxiety I didn't notice any effect on my muscles.

I thought that muscle relaxants were a seperate class that had very specific bodily effects aside from just being anxiolytics?

Like Soma and things like that I think are muscle relaxants that are seperate from benzos.

Maybe someone could confirm if this is true, but I think maybe that one's body being relaxed because of a CNS depressant like Klonopin is seperate from the action of things like Soma.

Almost every benzo has muscle relaxing effects to some extent . This is the most muscle relaxing benzo I ever had . Matter of fact im like Jello right now im melting in my seat with 3mg of it .

My friend that's a physician's assistant says they use valium as a muscle relaxant bc it's a benzo so when you relax, so do your muscles. It's not in the class of actual muscle relaxers. She said they started doing that bc it's cheaper, safer and has less side effects than actual muscle relaxers, as well as the added benefit of being a multi use med.

My friend that's a physician's assistant says they use valium as a muscle relaxant bc it's a benzo so when you relax, so do your muscles. It's not in the class of actual muscle relaxers. She said they started doing that bc it's cheaper, safer and has less side effects than actual muscle relaxers, as well as the added benefit of being a multi use med.

I agree with you ,but I have personal experience with soma my fav Muscle relaxer that I mix with opiates be cause it potentates them very well . Me personally have taken up to 1750 mg of soma and have never got the same muscle relaxation as I get with the benzo I listed above . It even helps my muscle spasms I have in my lower back . I feel like jello on this stuff . Hell actually just toke another 3mg Clonazolam the benzo I linked to above and I can hardly type this or walk . My face even gets a numb feeling similar to when I drink 6-8 7% alc content beers . I am also on 180mg Oxycodon IR just took a hour ago so I have a very nice nod coming on any min . :) My breathin is slowing alot , but nothing im worried about . I have a few naloxone shots if it comes to that to reverse the Opiate . Naloxone has saved my life to many times . Even got Flumazenil to reverso the benzo if it comes dow to it to . :) all prepared my GF right my side . I never call 911 ;because I self medicate . My gf is a nurse and gets this shit from the hospital . i won day asked her to grad these things as a joke ,and hell she came home loaded .

Edit: I want to post that i have a extreme benzo tolerance as well as opiate tolerance ,and don't advise anyone to take a benzo with a opiate unless you have a tolerance to both .Be safe HR

Last edited:
Just be careful, I've had a couple friends that have od'd and died from just nodding out and their breathing stopped :(. As for soma, I agree, it's a miracle drug- my Neuro used to have me on it. I was just saying the medical field has started using valium more, bc it's multipurpose and they get more bang for their buck. And even though it's a controlled substance and addictive, it still has far less negative side effects than the soma unfortunately. :(

Just be careful, I've had a couple friends that have od'd and died from just nodding out and their breathing stopped :(. As for soma, I agree, it's a miracle drug- my Neuro used to have me on it. I was just saying the medical field has started using valium more, bc it's multipurpose and they get more bang for their buck. And even though it's a controlled substance and addictive, it still has far less negative side effects than the soma unfortunately. :(

Im pretty carful . my gf keeps ey on my breathing shes a nurse and we have both meds to revers both the benzo and opiate i just hate taking them ;because they throw me in instant WD . Ill post tomorrow on here just nodded out on my keyboard with drool everywhere . :/

Yea but that's good though, you have a plan and stuff for emergencies. That's the responsible thing to do. Most people either don't really believe it could happen or they're just too involved with the drug to notice.

Go the clonazepam but even better get some flubromazepam now that shit makes u go limp

Diazepam is a great muscle relaxant at low doses for short term use. If you have no or little benzo tolerance.

Clonazepam can be effective as a muscle relaxant but it is probably less effective at equivalent doses. It's also a very dangerous drug. It's just better not to take it. One of the worst drugs on the planet.

If you need something for more than two to four weeks, you are most likely better off on a drug that is not a benzo.
Carisoprodol, methocarbamol, Flexeril, baclofen, tizanidine. Some of these are more dangerous than others, especially at high doses/long term.

If possible, non-drug is the way to go for anything that is a long term issue.

Yea but that's good though, you have a plan and stuff for emergencies. That's the responsible thing to do. Most people either don't really believe it could happen or they're just too involved with the drug to notice.

I was in a nod for 6 hours waking up about every hour somewhere else in my house with food spilled all over me ha. I am fine though. Damn opiate nod was tense as fuck .

Benzodiazepines like clonazepam are what are known as 'GABAA receptor positive allosteric modulators' (i.e.; GABAAR PAMs) or 'GABAA receptor agonists'.

There are more than a couple types of musle relaxants known to science. One type in particular are called 'spasmolytics'. Almost all spasmolytics effect GABA receptors in a similar way as clonazepam. Therefore, almost all spasmolytics have GABAergic-like effects, tantamount to clonazepam.

The two kinds of drugs are more commonly inclusive than exclusive.

Well, imagine if one felt no anxiety and still administered clonazepam. They could reasonably suppose that clonazepam has no anxiolytic effects. You fail to notice clonazepam's spasmolytic effect for similar reasons.

They are. However, anxiolytics also typically have spasmolytic effects, and vice verse.

They're chemically distinct, but not very pharmacologically distinct.

I think it all depends on let's say what kind of issue you have with your muscle or muscles. I have also read that Diazepam is the stronger muscle relaxant of the two but for my issue which is some sort of strain in back of my neck Clonazepam is the only one that works. And it works with just 0.5mg, it completely removes the pain which comes with the strain and I stop "twitching" the muscle back there for more than 24 hours on just 0.5mg Clonazepam.

So my thoughts would be that it depends on your personal issue, if you understand what I mean. My advice would be to try both of them, with a few days in between just to make sure they don't overlap each other, remember that both have a long half life. And then decide which one helps you the best. And also, if you would do this to find out which helps you the best I would recommend you to follow the standard Benzodiazepine Conversion Chart (there's a good one here on Bluelight for example - http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/566261-Benzodiazepine-Conversion-Chart).

Let us suppose you take 1mg of Clonazepam on a monday, my personal ingestion method is letting it melt under the tongue, why? It hits faster and I think (correct me if I'm wrong) it has a better bioavailability in comparison to just swallowing it. Do this in the morning, or well it depends if you know your way around benzos generally I guess, you wouldn't want to take your benzo virginity and then go to your job. But I'm sure you have a common sense so just remember that they both are long-lasting benzodiazepines so you could take it in the evening instead (plus this would help you sleep) and then the next day you would feel if it relaxes your muscle or muscles or not.

Then wait a few days and repeat the process but with 20mg Diazepam (1mg Clonazepam =/= 10mg Diazepam - but of course it is all individually but if we're going after the chart I linked). And then decide which one you felt worked best.

These are the best advice I could come up with and it is what I would personally do. But now I already know that Diazepam does absolutely nothing for my muscle related issue while a very small dose of Clonazepam does.

And as always when I give advice about benzodiazepines I HAVE to beg you to be careful when using benzos. They are among the most tricky drugs to use responsibly. I have had two periods where I were addicted/abused all kinds of benzos (and I don't "really" need them but Clonazepam is nice for my neck muscle) and it's not until after I managed to quit the second period that I finally have control over them. I can have plenty of them at home without feeling a need to take some. So please, treat benzos with a huge respect, first of all for your own safety but also for the people around you, please. Take care and I hope you find which one is best for you!

Thanks for your input everyone. I think I'm going to give clonazepam a try.

BTW I have tried Soma since starting this thread and it's top stuff. It's quite a bit stronger than diazepam as a muscle relaxant, and it's extremely euphoric as well. It has a very old-school feel to it - like GHB but even better. I don't get why it isn't more popular.

Admittedly I haven't read the entire thread, but my dr hands out Diaz no prob,- clonazapam a totally different story... Too addictive apparently lol.

Myself, I noticed an amazingly relaxed feeling the first time I took clonazepam, but never felt it again.

Just my two cents

Rtp

Valium/Diazepam is famous for its muscle relaxant properties.
Clonazepam also has muscle relaxant properties, but it's not what it's known for like Diazepam.

I have both 1mg Clonazepam and 10mg Diazepam pills on hand as we speak, Clonazepam has stronger sedative effects IME, but Diazepam relaxes my muscles much better.

Everyone is different.
The amount of people that order xanax is bordering on the ridiculous.
Each to his/or her own though.
As a muscle relaxant klonnies win hands down; but be prepared to sleep lest per chance to dream.
If you want nightmares Alprazolam.
Valium yellows or blues don't make a dent.