• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Really BAd Kratom UEI addiction HELP

^ Would you say the same if somebody was on several hundred mgs of oxy daily? Because that's just about what we're dealing with here, no kratom whatsoever here... we're dealing with entirely novel substances at least on par with ox/hydro, with no ceiling to how high you can get. Forget that UEI is marketed as a kratom product because whatever the main ingredient, whether it really be this pseudo-indoxyl compound or another synthetic mitragynine analog it contains nothing found in kratom, only some sort of Corynantheidine based substance confirmed through testing.

I agree that sub is overkill most of the time and switching to plain leaf kratom is probably a better choice, but when we're dealing with a ten gram UEI habit suboxone is a very sane and reasonable choice. With a tolerance of 10 grams of UEI, he won't even be feeling suboxone recreationaly... and will more than likely have to taper a bunch before even making a comfortable jump. I'd be surprised if he even feels a dose of 100mgs of oxycodone.

You are grossly miss quoting me at best.
I don't feel like reading that huge paragraph but I do apologize, I misread that post. All but those two sentences were in response to nobody in paricular though so don't think that my whole post was out to discredit you or anything. I happened to skim the thread lightly a day or two before posting and was perhaps a bit off, which I can easily see how that would happen.

With that said even FST is still not "pretty much heroin" though. I'd say UEI and FST are about on the level of oral hydro or oxy, and that plain leaf is on par with codeine addiction wise. 2 grams of UEI will get me to the level of ~60mgs of hydro, give or take.

Last edited:
I'd try to do a FST taper under your control, or a lope taper. If that fails I would try suboxone.
Although I understand your anger and frustration , that is not going to help or motivate hubby. Let him try to get clean before throwing out ultimatums. Try to be encouraging and non judgemental. IMO he kind of fell into this Probably with little info on the strength/danger of fst.

Yeah I hear yeah dirt, you could be right and he might be getting weak stuff; i just assuked he was getting it from the vendor captain was talking about that does some tinkering to the active chem. Plain leaf taper would be a nice idea, but since its a full agonist its a little more tempting to abuse and theres no medical supervision. A short 5-7 day stay a detox facility could really help, he cant mess with the doses, given supplementary nonopioid drugs to lessen withdrawal and get psychological help.

Damn swimming thats radical if I wasnt dead set on staying in recovery, I'd definitely try that just to see how to compares. Did your friend shoot his dillies too? Cuz if it was as good as that then.... Mmm I need to stop this train of thought...

"I am pissed that he basically tricked me becuase he wanted to feel good ALL the TIME. HELP! Help me help him. What do you wish your loved one would have done or not done to help you?" Opioid addiction is insidious, its really not wanting to feel good all the time; its wanting to feel okay. Dont be angery, and talk down to him. Be supporting but firm that you cant continue a live with him if hes using. Dont take the lying personally, addiction trys to protect its self; its nothing personal.

I only really recall him doing it when he was out of anything stronger than oxy. He definitely got fucking blasted off it the couple times I witnessed, and he has a pretty strong running her on habit. Stay strong man one day at a time and just think about how much money your saving.

I still disagree with you as far as ALL vendors selling a synthetic product, especially ones who pride themselves on creating a private community of kratom connoisseurs. They're pretty much as balls deep into kratom as you capn and I don't think it would be a secret amongst them for very long. Or maybe I have penis stuck in my ears.

Last edited:
Goto a suboxone clinic

That sounds stupid. Suboxone is horrific in terms of withdrawals and is actually a narcotic.

Kratom is kind of less addictive than caffeine in my book.

Really, crying over kratom. Sounds like dude needs to grow a pair and stop taking kratom, unless kratom is a code name for heroin in your area.

I really don't how you can compare kratom to heroin. I had ordered it from multiple sources to try to give my pain meds a kick and the stuff did fuckall for me, even the tinctures.

Seeing how the OP's husband hasn't really had a history of opiate addiction it doesn't seem like cold turkey would be a bad way to kick. Each kick gets worse than the last and I have gone cold turkey at least 10 times off of real opiates.

There are plenty of detox guides on this site. Also he could go to the doctor and get some muscle relaxers, clonodine, and promethazine to kick if he was to explain the situation.

I really do not think going on a nasty substitute drug like suboxone is the answer. That would just be switching a short addiction for a nastier and probably longer one. He might as well get on heroin and then go on methadone with that logic.

I am 99.9% sure that unless the OP's kratom is adulturated with RC's of some sort than he is kind of being a pussy about things imho. There is also the possibility that the OP's husband is lying about what he is really spending the money on and maybe is using heroin or something of that nature and is just saying he is addicted to kratom. The local head shop hear sells kratom capsules for less than a nickle sooo maybe he is just popping kratom capsules in front of the OP and main-lining smack in the bathroom. I am just saying this because no one else brought that up. 525 is a shitload of money to spend on kratom at any time period. With that type of bankroll, I could afford at least a couple weeks worth of a heavy duty smack habit with that and I mean heavy duty.

Last edited:
The prima facie facts are Subs (buprenorphine) are 100 x stronger than morphine on paper. The OP's husband might get full on addicted to subs too as some people really enjoy the high (myself not included) and that is a different ballpark all together, if your husband is this addicted to Kratom, I think the potential for Sub abuse (buying extras on the street prob cost you even more) is great.

I'd also advocate for a taper, you take your husbands Extracts, and means of obtaining k-extracts (credit cards and such) if possible and taper him off in reasonable decrements.

I thought about this thread and it sounds like some sort of troll. Maybe media.

I mean this woman is saying her husband's kratom addiction is basically worse than heroin.

She just wants someone to chime in with a post about how bad their kratom addiction was and validate kratom as a real drug.

A panic attack or two doesn't even begin to sound like the end of the world. Puking and shitting at the same time while you legs spasm is hardcore heroin addiction.

I really think this is a troll post, especially seeing how this is the OP's only post. I don't get why people join this site and say something like "OMG I am withdrawing from (codeine, kratom, oxy for the first time) will I die. What do I do. OMG. OMG.

I am sorry but the subject has been addressed and I really hope people stop placating this bullshit. I don't care if I catch a point for not being welcoming because I call bullshit.

If panicking about when your epurchase arrives is Kratom w/d . Then quivering and shakin holding a gun to your head while you dry wretch would describe high dose oxy w/d.

Kratom is chilled. Loperamide taper ? I'd get your husband to go that route.

avyona - I WAS YOUR HUSBAND! Almost to a TEE! I started slightly earlier and fit the description EXACTLY! I guarantee I used the same vendor and yes we both probably thought FedEx was the best! Pink bags with smiley stickers were God right? Wow - I thought you were my wife writing about me though I was clean before your post! I did use Sub and it was a godsend - changed my life. (Literally everything in your life was an accurate description of me and OUR relationship.

I do not know what your husband does for a living but would be very interested to see how similar our lives are. And I can give you more hope than ANYTHING!

Those cautioning about suboxone do so properly...it is strong but with the right doctor, and if he truly wants to be sober, the doc will keep him on the straight and narrow. He will taper down but in my case it was the right call - and I am highly educated on all areas of recovery and was AGAINST suboxone prior to actually moving forward.

I am not saying this is the route you should go but AM saying you need to be open to all options because death could be in the cards...not from the kratom per se but other opiates (I PREFERRED UEI and FST over even OPANA!!!)...it was my drug of choice and know others I converted to feeling the same way. To all those on here that defend UEI and FST, come on, no need. ANYTHING super-concentrated can be brutal - you know that.

However, I am NOT Kratom bashing nor even extract bashing. It saves lives ALL day and all should remain legal. Just like alcohol or food or cigarettes, this can be addicting but it has a built-in protection wherein if one cannot tolerate the dosage, believe me, they will puke it up and likely shy away from it unlike pharms where anyone can OD easily. Keep Kratom legal, know what you are getting into though, and do NOT be ridiculous about denying UEI and FST, or even OEB's power - just shows how naive people can be and how people confuse advocacy for denial and mess it up for all those using Kratom legitimately.

Please contact me, you could even talk to my wife and be shocked at the similarities.

I wasn't on high does of UEI (recently).But I have been dependant on about an ounce of kratom per day for the last couple of years. Tapering down a bit and switching to tianeptine for the duration of the kratom withdrawals has worked pretty well for me so far as I am 4 days without kratom or tianeptine. I am dependant on benzos so I'm not 100% clean but it is a start. If he does look into tianeptine I recommend taking it for no more than a week as it is hard on the stomach and is afull agonist itself. Good luck and tell him to be strong(what a cliche, I know). He can do it<3

Last edited:
Hello, I am currently stuck in a trap with UEI. If you want to discuss anything I am here. I have gotten myself in slot of trouble and need help also.

I thought about this thread and it sounds like some sort of troll. Maybe media.

I mean this woman is saying her husband's kratom addiction is basically worse than heroin.

She just wants someone to chime in with a post about how bad their kratom addiction was and validate kratom as a real drug.

A panic attack or two doesn't even begin to sound like the end of the world. Puking and shitting at the same time while you legs spasm is hardcore heroin addiction.

I really think this is a troll post, especially seeing how this is the OP's only post. I don't get why people join this site and say something like "OMG I am withdrawing from (codeine, kratom, oxy for the first time) will I die. What do I do. OMG. OMG.

I am sorry but the subject has been addressed and I really hope people stop placating this bullshit. I don't care if I catch a point for not being welcoming because I call bullshit.

Not everyone has the same experience as you, you hear countless stories of people becoming dependent and addicted to kratom, it isn't some conspiracy theory. First with marijuana, now this, fucking aye. Any herb that comes about, first toted as safe and natural, when people end up being met with cons and negative experiences, they feel the need to take personal offense and write the others off as crazy.

I've said it once, and I'll say it a million times. Never, ever, use anything apart from plain leaf kratom powder. Extracts are definetely another league of kratom, and I'd say they start kicking up there with the big boys of the opiate family like oxy and heroin. Kratom definetely is habit forming, and physically addictive. Want to know how I know? I experience withdraw when I go without my dose. It's mild, I've recently switched to 1 dose a day, but yea, by 24 hours I'm shivering and sore all over. There is a lot of mis-information on the internet about kratom, unfortunately, most of it being pushed by pro-kratom branding, that is being pushed by companies. That being said, kratom is a miracle drug for true opiate dependance. I used it to get off heroin and fentanyl. I only used plain leaf, and started at up to 30g a day. Yesterday, I only took a single dose of 4 grams. This morning, I only took 4 grams. You can't get comfortable on kratom, it should be used as a tool to taper, or else your still a slave to an opiate, end of story. Also, if you truly use it sporadically, like 1 day on (only a single dose!), 2 days off, you should be fine.

I do have to say, without kratom, I don't know where I would be right now. I'd still be completely stuck in a hopeless and terrifying fentanyl and heroin addiction, broke as fuck, trying to figure out a way to get money so I wouldn't be in the most hellish withdrawals I've ever experienced. Kratom tremendously improved my life, and it's just not psychologically addictive like heroin and fentanyl. I couldn't taper those drugs in a million years. But I've had no issue constantly lowering my kratom dose. Again, JUST PLAIN LEAF. Fuck extracts.

Anyways, OP, all I can say is, get him into a rehab, or try too. Otherwise, it's going to be a bitch to try to get him clean at home around your children, he sounds extremely addicted unfortunately.

Last edited:
I've said it once, and I'll say it a million times. Never, ever, use anything apart from plain kratom powder. Extracts are definetely another league of kratom, and I'd say they start kicking up there with the big boys of the opiate family like oxy and heroin. Kratom definetely is habit forming, and physically addictive.

^^^ This, a million fucking times this.

FST is pretty much heroin in my experience. First time I ever truly nodded (lips white junkie walking) was off some 20:1 FST sprayed on bud. Let it evaporate then smoked it up. Nothing touched it until I tried some ECP dope a year or so later.

My advice ,and its not the best cause I am stupid but if he truly doesn't want to stop just buy fent analogs its much cheaper ,and stronger ( considering he has a somewhat tolerance it will not be to dangerous ) I can stay high every month buying PFBF without breaking the bank at all aka hurting my family's finances . But the bad side its really like a crack opiate ,and compulsive re-dosing will come soon after first few doses . I take enough in 1 hour to kill a cow . 7.2mg of PFBF ever hour or 2 ,and I am on bupe too. Personally the WD from what his tolerance is will be a walk in the park with a few benzos if you have any . Just quit CT

My husband started taking Kratom October of 2013. He tried all of the strains and felt nothing. Now my husband does not have any prior abuse with illicit drugs, alcohol, or prescriptions except a brief accidental addition to oxy about 5 years ago. I suppose he began taking Kratom because he wanted to feel relaxed? Finally only the UEI gave him the feeling he was looking for. He asked me to try it. I took one and felt horribly sick and weird. I have never drank alcohol or done any drugs. He had asked me to try it because he wanted to see how it affected me. I was so mad at him for giving that pill to me as it really made me feel super ill, sick, and strange. I did not like the feeling. I felt like I was going to die. He felt nothing like that...he said he felt good. He took one pill daily for about 8 months. No addition really.

However, he began to increase his intake of the UEI. He began taking two pills daily because we were on vacation and he was stressed. I had been warning him from the beginning that this stuff is going to be addicting. He argued with me and told me not to judge him and swore it was safe, non-habit forming, and no withdrawals. So after fighting non stop I finally said, fine its your body. Do what you want. Since he gets EXTREMELY defensive about his Kratom, I just let it go. He is a big boy after all.

Now I dont know how it happened but he is now up to taking 4 pills 5 times a day!!!! This is UEI. We are talking 10grams daily. We are talking about 525.00 and this shit only lasting him 8 days. We are talking panic attacks when he misses a dose. We are talking sheer terror when shipping gets delayed on his Kratom. We are talking about his life. He now sees he is addicted, well , at least he is finally opening up to me and talking about it and asking for help. He caught a cold and had to mix kratom use with Mucinex DM, Dayquil etc. My husband had his first panic attack and I almost had to take him to the ER. Its the only time I've seen that man cry. He is going to try lowering his doses after our Disney trip next week. He wants to be off this stuff altogether.

I'm not here to judge anyone or to belittle the love of my life. I love him so much and I am really afraid for him. This stuff is getting expensive and its affecting our sex life. On top of it all I have been trying to gently warn him to be careful and his defensive attitude toward GENTLE, NON-JUDGEMENTAL suggestions have left me sitting here saying, I freaking told you so. Am I mad? Yes. I am mad that he let this happen to us. See this stuff affects more than the user. It affects children and spouses. Its not cool that my kids are going to be asking whats wrong with dad when he attempts to come off this stuff. He is scaring the shit out of me and I am truly horrified at what withdrawal looks like for him. I know many of you may throw up a guard when I talk bad of kratom. If you are going to defend kratom to me, I dont want to hear it. You havent seen what I have seen and nothing you can say will make me think this stuff is anything but the devil in pill form.

I'm sure many of you can relate to his situation. My question is this. How can I be the best help to him as he faces this beast of a withdrawal process that is coming up? When should I seek help for him if he turns suicidal? What type of dose lowering should he try? I am all he has in this world besides our kids. He has no friends, no loving family, so I am it. I dont want to screw up and hurt him. But lets be clear, I'm mad that this is happening to the man I love. He has brought us to a place I never thought would happen to us. I am pissed that he basically tricked me becuase he wanted to feel good ALL the TIME. HELP! Help me help him. What do you wish your loved one would have done or not done to help you?
I guess it's time to talk to a suboxone doc? 525$?? That's fucked.

My advice ,and its not the best cause I am stupid but if he truly doesn't want to stop just buy fent analogs its much cheaper ,and stronger ( considering he has a somewhat tolerance it will not be to dangerous ) I can stay high every month buying PFBF without breaking the bank at all aka hurting my family's finances . But the bad side its really like a crack opiate ,and compulsive re-dosing will come soon after first few doses . I take enough in 1 hour to kill a cow . 7.2mg of PFBF ever hour or 2 ,and I am on bupe too. Personally the WD from what his tolerance is will be a walk in the park with a few benzos if you have any . Just quit CT

You're so dumb for telling someone on kratom extracts to switch to the crack of opiates. No one can function and sustain a fentanyl habit, not to mention fentanyl is a death wish. Stop dragging others into your horrible reality of addiction because of your decisions. You literally have an equal to 1500mg a day of oxy habit with ur fent analogue habit. That is about the deepest hole you could possibly dig yourself into, and just because it's cheap and you can afford it doesn't mean you aren't completely fucking your future self over. Eventually you are going to have to face your massive habit and it's going to be a fucking horror movie man... Please get help.
And I'm guessing fentanyl has such a high binding affinity that your 24mg of bupe a day habit as well doesn't put you into precipitated withdrawal. But, that also means if you ever OD, nalexone won't do shit for you man. I'm not trying to be a dick but take a step back and look at the insanity of your addiction. I don't wanna see you end up dead.

Last edited:
Haven't heard from OP since first post but figured I'd briefly share my experience for anyone who happens to read this thread.

Kratom addiction is not a joke and not something to be minimized. Sure, I haven't gone through heroin addiction or withdrawals but I've been through Kratom WDs numerous times and it isn't uncomfortable, for me it's near agony. For the record I only do plain leaf at less than 16 grams a day. I'm trying, once again, to quit. This time with the help of a Lope taper. I would not rule out Sub treatment if someone is addicted to extracts like UEI but would try a plain leaf taper FIRST.

I can tell you this much; this Lope taper is my last option before I go the Sub route. I've also had a 150mg/day oxy addiction and Kratom (plain leaf) absolutely gets me off that and is a GOD SEND. But then I keep doing Kratom and get stuck on it because after 2 weeks I'm physically hooked.

Bottom line: 1- Kratom has its place and is a remarkably beneficial and natural way to get off of opiates. 2- Extracts are NOT to be messed with. They should be avoided at all costs. 3- Kratom is very physically addictive and whoever actually believes it's similar to a caffeine habit clearly is ignorant on the subject.

her husband sounds like a child. totally wreckless like a bull in a china cabinet. he needs a counselor and to grow up...$525 every 8 days on kratom ? LOL!

I am truly horrified by what you have done. You can afford it for now but god forbid that day comes? What then? Google acetylfenatyl withdrawal and just read what few horror stories there are. It's sickening and it stopped me dead in my tracks. I'm not trying to be a dick either but my god man, it can't go on forever you must know that somewhere in the depths of your mind.