• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tianeptine Megathread v1

Crunkazcanbe: That was an epic reply! Good info, sounds like you've done a lot of research. That's really interesting that it worked for vaping, I'd like to give that a try. What kind of liquid did you use? PG or VG?

Regarding the digestive issues, I know constipation and nausea are common with opiates, but this was different. I wasn't constipated, actually my stool was rather soft and loose ( sorry if TMI). But it seemed like it wasn't moving out of my stomach. There were a few times when I burped or partly heaved and tasted food that I had eaten 8+ hours ago, that kinda freaked me out.

I'm a bit conflicted on whether or not we should keep talking about it. On the one hand I think it's so important for accurate information to be freely available so that people can make informed decisions. But having people compare it to heroin and all this talk about IV use that's popped up lately is dangerous. Even though this is fairly pure powder and not crushed pills with binders, I think IV use will lead ER visits, which will lead to media attention.

I really want this drug to stay legal because it has such amazing therapeutic potential. Of course, so did opium and coca leaves before people took them to the extreme.

Hey man if you don't mind will you pm me I have a few questions for you if really appreciate your help

Crunkazcabe: hey man pm I have a couple questions to ask you, I sent a post earlier but I'm not sure if it went through or not thanks man

Runyamire: it was to crunkazcanbe but if your knowledgeable concerning tianeptine hit me up

Crunkazcanbe: That was an epic reply! Good info, sounds like you've done a lot of research. That's really interesting that it worked for vaping, I'd like to give that a try. What kind of liquid did you use? PG or VG?

Regarding the digestive issues, I know constipation and nausea are common with opiates, but this was different. I wasn't constipated, actually my stool was rather soft and loose ( sorry if TMI). But it seemed like it wasn't moving out of my stomach. There were a few times when I burped or partly heaved and tasted food that I had eaten 8+ hours ago, that kinda freaked me out.

I'm a bit conflicted on whether or not we should keep talking about it. On the one hand I think it's so important for accurate information to be freely available so that people can make informed decisions. But having people compare it to heroin and all this talk about IV use that's popped up lately is dangerous. Even though this is fairly pure powder and not crushed pills with binders, I think IV use will lead ER visits, which will lead to media attention.

I really want this drug to stay legal because it has such amazing therapeutic potential. Of course, so did opium and coca leaves before people took them to the extreme.

I use 70%PG and 30%VG for all my vape . BTW I have had that same exact issue you speak of by my food staying in my stomach for hours. I was not to worried though ;because eventually it emptied out. This was with kratom though and not Tianeptine . In the past I could burp , and have a bit of kratom come up 6+ hours after taking it . This has never happened yet on tianeptine , but who knows I stay so backed up anyways . Thats why I eat no more then 2 small meals aday with snacks in between . I don't have much if any appetite anymore which sometime has me worried ;because I could care less to eat at all anymore no food thrills me . I blame this on all the opiates I have used , but have never read anything on opiates suppressing your appetite. I know stimulates can ,but I rarely use stimulants anymore . Maybe a bump of meth 2-3 times a year with the small amount of nicotine I get on a daily basis .

Do you think this was a one time thing with you having food in your stomach 8 hours later ? Have you tried Tianeptine again , and had this happen again ? Seems weird I would like to know more ;because I use 1.2G-1.5G a day of this stuff .

EDIT: I cleaned up a lot of my posts for HR .

Last edited:
Crunkazcanbe - I tried messaging you back but it's only letting me send one message every 180 minutes ?? Idk but anyways can you send me all the need to know on tianeptine and a good place to order from ? In my pm that is thanks man I'll get back to you when it lets me send a message

Crunkazcanbe - I tried messaging you back but it's only letting me send one message every 180 minutes ?? Idk but anyways can you send me all the need to know on tianeptine and a good place to order from ? In my pm that is thanks man I'll get back to you when it lets me send a message

Check your inbox Bro . Good luck.

I use 70%PG and 30%VG for all my vape . BTW I have had that same exact issue you speak of by my food staying in my stomach for hours. I was not to worried though ;because eventually it emptied out. This was with kratom though and not Tianeptine . In the past I could burp , and have a bit of kratom come up 6+ hours after taking it . This has never happened yet on tianeptine , but who knows I stay so backed up anyways . Thats why I eat no more then 2 small meals aday with snacks in between . I don't have much if any appetite anymore which sometime has me worried ;because I could care less to eat at all anymore no food thrills me . I blame this on all the opiates I have used , but have never read anything on opiates suppressing your appetite. I know stimulates can ,but I rarely use stimulants anymore . Maybe a bump of meth 2-3 times a year with the small amount of nicotine I get on a daily basis .

Do you think this was a one time thing with you having food in your stomach 8 hours later ? Have you tried Tianeptine again , and had this happen again ? Seems weird I would like to know more ;because I use 1.2G-1.5G a day of this stuff .

EDIT: I cleaned up a lot of my posts for HR .

I use 70:30 or 50:50, so I'm gonna give that a try. Just need to figure out many mg/mL I wanna use.

The food thing hasn't happened to me with kratom, kratom actually doesn't give me much digestive trouble. Tianeptine though, it wasn't just once. It seemed to be pretty consistent while I was using higher doses. Now that I've reduced my intake it seems to be ok. More than a gram a day just seems excessive to me, I'm not judging, I just can't see myself ever taking that much.

Tianeptine is a "dirty" drug in the sense that it interacts with many different receptor systems. Usually this is undesirable because this is where side effects come from, hitting receptors that are not the targets. Like old school tricyclics and first gen antihistamines. In this unique circumstance though, all the effects seem to be desirable: reducing free serotonin, modulating glutamate, and agonizing opioid receptors. Anything in excess will eventually be bad though. Opioid receptors in the gut slow down the passage of food, causing constipation. And most of the serotonin receptors in your body are in your gut. I don't understand it well it enough to come to any conclusions, but I feel in my gut (pun intended) that this is important to consider. I'm going to try to research more into how serotonin is involved in digestion, maybe I'll be able to figure it out.

Joshua: I guess I'm fairly knowledgable, but I won't help you use it recreationally. And giving sources is not allowed, even by PM. Just read about it yourself, it's not hard to find a source. Most of the people here are probably using the same vendor.

I use 70:30 or 50:50, so I'm gonna give that a try. Just need to figure out many mg/mL I wanna use.

The food thing hasn't happened to me with kratom, kratom actually doesn't give me much digestive trouble. Tianeptine though, it wasn't just once. It seemed to be pretty consistent while I was using higher doses. Now that I've reduced my intake it seems to be ok. More than a gram a day just seems excessive to me, I'm not judging, I just can't see myself ever taking that much.

Tianeptine is a "dirty" drug in the sense that it interacts with many different receptor systems. Usually this is undesirable because this is where side effects come from, hitting receptors that are not the targets. Like old school tricyclics and first gen antihistamines. In this unique circumstance though, all the effects seem to be desirable: reducing free serotonin, modulating glutamate, and agonizing opioid receptors. Anything in excess will eventually be bad though. Opioid receptors in the gut slow down the passage of food, causing constipation. And most of the serotonin receptors in your body are in your gut. I don't understand it well it enough to come to any conclusions, but I feel in my gut (pun intended) that this is important to consider. I'm going to try to research more into how serotonin is involved in digestion, maybe I'll be able to figure it out.

Joshua: I guess I'm fairly knowledgable, but I won't help you use it recreationally. And giving sources is not allowed, even by PM. Just read about it yourself, it's not hard to find a source. Most of the people here are probably using the same vendor.

Whats funny man I do know I am wrong ,but the only receptor I feel it hitting and hitting hard is the mu receptor . I do know from all the research that it hits all the receptors you speak of above ,but I don't feel it. Maybe my brain is fried form all the Meth,MDMA,Coke I have had in my life. MDMA,Meth both hit the serotonin receptors pretty hard to. I still use meth once in a while on days I need to get a lot of things done . MDMA I maybe do 2-3 times in a 2 year period , and Coke that was a old habit that cause me to go broke ,and lose all my friends and family many years ago . Also another funny thing is my friends I have smoke tons of pot ,but I can not touch it ,and in fact the few times I ever had touched it in my life I got anxiety so bad I would get in my car and race 100+ MPH to a ER room . Its funny ;because it is the complete opposite in most in that MDMA,Coke,Speed would be more likely to cause Anxiety. It dose cause it on the come down ,but I cover it with opiates .

Edit: I remember reading that all of Tianeptine effects may be downstream events of activating mu receptor and the o opioid receptor. Its funny read about the 0 opioid receptor here. It is a known fact that activation of the o opioid receptor has antidepressant effects . Maybe that is the only reason Tianeptine has any antidepressant effect. Whats even more nice about Tianeptine is that not only does activating of the mu receptor cause euphoria ,but by activation of the o receptor causes even further euphoria . This is a fact I read somewhere to that someone was worried that it may become even more addicting then some opiates used in the usa right now . When it is shoot up these affects may be more apparent ,and its why those people in Russia liked it so much .

Edit: Read this man. Maybe if its inhibiting serotonin in your gut its stopping acid from being produced so in return no acid your food is staying in your stomach waiting to be broke down before moving further . BTW I also read that asprin is the only thing been shown to slow down Tianeptine from being removed from your body . I can confirm this to because a few days a go I took a typical dose of 1000mg of asprin I take every now and then for my heart that it felt as if I took over 400mg Tianeptine . This was on the day I was nodding harder then ever form it . May test this out again after reading this .

I have had something similar to what you had happen now thinking back on it. It was when I took 40mg prilosec ,and ate a few tums because of heart burn .

Last edited:
Yeah your right like you said everyone is different . But I know what a opiate is , and with my past of 5-6 bags of herion a day all the way to now the 120 30mg roxies , and 90 8mg dilaudid I get a month I have had my fair share of opiates . So if I say I like tianeptine better then oxy in the 300+ mg range thats me , and not everyone else . Also if I know heroin addicts to this day choosing tianeptine over heroin in the vein then that also tells me something. I have not see one person in my life actual person I know that would choose kratom over heroin .

I am not dogging kratom in fact it helped me get clean of heroin , and was supposed to help me get clean from Oxy , but I could not give up the free 120 roxies a month .I like kratom still , but the high is way to scattered for me to keep taking it . 20 Grams one day I am high as a kite 20G the next day don't even know I took it . Kratom will still be a good choice for me if I decide to get clean of opiates again in the future though. The kratom I get is from one of the best , and most known vendor's in the game . So strong stuff no doubt . It can easily give my wife a nod at 5 Grams while I am looking at her likes shes crazy ;because I wish that amount would do that to me I hate taking 20+ pills of kratom . Also I don't think I am in the majority , but I do know a good handful of real life folks that take it and love it , and all started with the pharmaceutical grade .

I would like to know what you really mean when you say tianeptine feels toxic though ;because there has been many many many times I took 20 Grams of kratom , and got the shakes very bad with the weak feeling , and just feeling like total shit like I was having some kind of serotonin syndrome symptoms on the come up just to get to that opiate like state a hour later that I know and love . I have taken 450mg of tianeptine at once , and never felt anything like I have on kratom other then some nausea , but thats to be expected .

Sorry I came on as a dick man. That was a dick move on my part , and also I get my tianeptine from the same place so this just goes to show even more so that everyone is different . :/

Your a real stand up guy, I wasn't expecting an apology. Not that I felt I deserved one but it shows you have character. To elaborate, I simply get more out of kratom than I do tianeptine. When I did achieve a mild buzz the high felt incomplete and lacking. Tianeptine is still a useful drug and I'm glad I have it around for withdrawal, but recreationally speaking why anyone would choose tianeptine over other opioids goes over my head just as much as my opinion of finding even the weakest of opioids to provide a better quality high does yours... but we're all different so I don't hold that against anyone, just as I don't expect others to do the same.

My goal was never to turn this into a kratom vs tianeptine arguement though, for whatever reason you seemingly took my experience as an insult and felt the need to take it there. Do know that from the great deal of research I did before purchasing it seems like very few people will actually choose tianeptine over stronger opioids, many find the stuff downright not recreational at all and I could easily dig up anecdote to support that claim. This is a very variable drug, so don't take it to heart when others get very little to nothing. Most people don't IV this stuff either (for good reason), and this may be what make or breaks this substance for many. There are certain drugs (gabapentin, tramadol, and kratom come to mind) that people either love or hate and this seems to be one of them.

As far tianeptine feeling slightly unhealthy, read post 28. Doses that did get me high also made me nauseous and came with strange side-effects like feeling faint and lightheadedness upon standing, as well as an overall "off" sensation I can't describe. With kratom I know that it's been around for centuries and nobody has died, the same can't be said for tianeptine. Also, unlike tianeptine doses that get me high come with no side-effects. It's important to point out that kratom is neither a re-uptake inhibitor nor a serotonin releaser though, therefor you did not get serotonin syndrome. What happened is you simply took way too much. You may have tolerance to the mu agonist substances, but your body is not accustomed to the many other alkaloids. Anyways, we're all different :)

Last edited:
Funny, I was just reading that page on the delta receptor. It's not nearly as well understood as the mu, didn't know about its antidepressant effect. Apparently delta receptors also increase BDNF, that together with the effects on glutamate I think make tianeptine an effective antidepressant through increased neuroplasticity.

Sucks that pot does that to you, it's always pretty much the opposite for me. If I'm on edge or had a bad day, pot really calms me down. You're probably more sensitive to the THC. I saw a documentary about a study where people were injected with isolated THC, and for most it caused panic attacks. It's the other compounds that are relaxing, analgesic, etc.

That's good to know about the aspirin, could help extend the duration and maybe allow for lower doses. And the possible anti cancer thing is just another plus. It's also been proven beneficial for asthma due to reducing free serotonin in blood plasma. I can't post a link (still a greenlighter) but the study is out there.

Soo glad my kratom arrived today. This stuff should not be used as a replacement opiate for dependant users imo. Kratom is a much a better option for myself. The only thing is the price, it is soo freakin cheap even when considering it's ridiculously short half-life. I think it would be best used for during the first three days of w/d.

Last edited:
Soo glad my kratom arrived today. This stuff should not be used as a replacement opiate for dependant users imo. Kratom is a much a better option for myself. The only thing is the price, it is soo freakin cheap even when considering it's ridiculously short half-life. I think it would be best used for during the first three days of w/d.

I am glad you like your kratom. I am the complete opposite as in kratom is good for WD ,but not maintenance . Tianeptine on the other hand does not have such a short half life in the 400+mg range I find its half life about 6 hours then . I like pure pharmaceuticals like Oxy,hydro,Numb 4 Heroin and Tianeptine I get now . I just read a 4 page PDF on Tianeptine last night with a scientist in England . He says all of Tianeptine effects are downstream effects of activating the MU receptor and opiate delta receptor . Tianeptine has no affinity for any other receptors , and what people are doing is effectively micro dosing a opiate with 12.5mg . He says you would have the same antidepressant effect by micro dosing any opiate . Kratom is not a good option if you have to take 20 plus caps of the stuff , and then wait a hour for effects then normally you have to go through a crappy feeling just to get to the nice warm opiate effect . Anyways I ran into a old friend last night that hooked me up with some very very clean Numb 4 heroin pure white . I have been snorting this now for a day , and am loving it . There truly is no opiate better then heroin . Nothing comes close . I snorted myself into what I call a coma last night . Pure bliss . At a $150 a gram I will not bee doing this long. I will see what Tianeptine can do when I decide to come off heroin .

So I guess now that your back on kratom once again I'll well... ask again. Still not noticing much tolerance increase? How much tianeptine were you using per day and for how long, and how much has your kratom dose changed since if at all?

Lol I don't mean to pester you with questions but I'm trying to get a good picture of these supposed tolerance issues and afaik your the only one switching between both tianeptine and kratom so although your only one person your anecdote is as good as any.

I did switch. I recall that the kratom filled a certain void the tianeptine left whereas I was left with another kind of void that the kratom didn't fill, lol, if that makes any sense. To put it another way, I felt like I was missing the adrenergic synergy of kratom but then the kratom didn't really cover the anxiolytic benefit of tianeptine.

Thanks for your input, I was acually about to PM you and ask you what your experience was like but I was unsure if you were legitimately switching between the two or just had a few tianeptine experiences. Did your dose change at all? (Your kratom dose)

I switched from kratom to the tianeptine for a week straight with no other substances at doses of ~300-500mg/day. I just wanted to see if it could be done - which I can say that it can be. When I switched to kratom I was able to resume like normal, really, I only noticed some feelings that reminded me that 'something wasn't there'. I hit a brick wall with kratom though (at least plain leaf) where doses above a certain amount - usually an ounce/day - will only create side effects.

I can imagine that you only have very sparse data to go on - there aren't many tianeptine users and even fewer that also use kratom, I would think.