• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tianeptine Megathread v1

Update: I have a quarter gram/day tolerance to diacetylmorphine and for the past 4 days I have been getting by on nothing but 500mg/day of tianeptine. It actually gets me quite the buzz and removes ALL withdrawal symptoms. The euphoria only lasts about a half hour but the subtle buzz and symptom removal lasts about 6 hours. If I dose before bed I wake up 8 hours later still feeling A-OK with maybe some yawning. I did make the mistake of dosing at 4PM and going to bed without dosing and woke up at 4AM in full blown withdrawal. My full blown withdrawal isn't really that bad though since I was using Kratom and only chipping heroin on weekends for a few months.

I've given one of my friends a sample of this stuff with similar results. It's a great tool - 500 times better than loperamide, that's for sure!

Anybody try alternate ROA's besides IV/IM? I picked up a decent amount with the main purpose of keeping it around in the event that kratom is ever banned so I have something decent to taper with, but I'm also curious as to how recreational this stuff really is. So far it's given nothing but a subtle moodlift at doses around 150mgs, I wouldn't even describe it as opioid like either.

Perhaps this is just a dose issue, I am a kratom addict after all... Being that IV users report decent experiences I figure I'd go ahead and give this a shot rectally to see if I can mimick a somewhat similar effect, but I'm a bit hesitant with the lack of solid info as well as this sticky glue like consistency. I'm also curious what peoples experiences are with insufflation, though I highly doubt I'd be trying it with these consistency issues when exposed to moisture.

Update: So in the name of science I decided to plug it... so far it's the better ROA (not surprisingly). I dosed 200mgs over 30 minutes and finally achieved a mild opioid buzz. It's pleasant but rather weak and incomplete. It feels like it's missing key components of an opioid high, not dissimilar to kratom only kratom has a lot more depth in the grand scheme of things. I would much rather have kratom or even tramadol for that matter.

This stuff appears to be mildly irritating to mucous membranes, for a short while there was burning akin to plugging 2c substances. It dissapated within a few minutes. I strongly recommend people consider this ROA before opting to obliterate your veins via injection, why people choose to go that route is beyond me.

Last edited:
I've used tianeptine for over a year now. Not constantly because tolerance builds pretty quick. I never exceed 40 mgs in a day, as nothing good is gained by doing so. It's a decent, if mild, antidepressant that increases my motivation to exercise and get things done. It's strangely stimulating sometimes and sedating other times. It has some of the mental effects of an opiate (mood lift, relaxation) with none of the physical effects (warmth, itching, muscle relaxation). The short duration is kinda annoying.

The biggest positive aspect is the lack of severe side effects or withdrawals, which is what turns people off to other antidepressants. Using large "recreational" doses frequently is setting yourself up for trouble. Imagine quitting an antidepressant and an opiate at the same time. Yeah. Not fun. I've seen horror stories about tianeptine withdrawal.

Be safe and please don't ruin it for those of us with legit depression.

Can anyone else who uses high doses regularly comment on what this has done to your opioid tolerance? I'm really curious as I've now seen several scattered reports of this stuff jacking your receptors causing a very long lasting tolerance. I'm not considering using tianeptine regularly, I ask out of mere curiousity. I personally don't think this stuff is recreational enough nor anymore effective than kratom for anxiety/depression for me to deem worthy of daily use... still though, for such a weak effect I find what it allegedly does to tolerance intriguing

I have been using this as a maintenance drug and have switched back to kratom once and didn't notice much of a change. That being said I recommend using this for no more than a couple days as it is very hard on the stomach. What doses have you tried Captn? 150mg-200 is comparable to a good dose of UEI. I think this may not be the best replacement option considering the short half-life/lack of data regarding higher doses. The idea was to go from Sub to Kratom to Tianeptine but other than the price I honestly think kratom is a better place to jump off. I know this post is terribly worded and I apologize in advance.

Edit: congrats on the mod stick Cpt. K!

Last edited:
So far my highest and most recent dabbling was that 200mg rectal dose from post #22. I also added a full dose of kratom a couple hours into the experience. At 200mgs alone I'd personally rather have kratom. The high lacked depth and was probably on par with 10mgs hydro, it was enjoyable but subtle. After adding a full dose of kratom I got to a better place but I still couldn't help but feel something was missing. (This was just my experience and nobody should expect it to be so subtle at that dose. Start low and work up!)

Even with the kratom it was like having every other component to an opioid high and more, but still, the euphoria was not up to par for a kratom/opioid combo. Prior to this I have two other doses up my belt, 100mgs a few years back and 150mgs a few days prior to my rectal experiment, both yielded very little (the 100mg dose didn't even feel opioid to me).

I may try upping the dose a bit once or twice before judging it's full potential but I plan on keeping this stuff tucked away as a tool rather than a recreational substance. Still though, I doubt I'll ever reach a level where it's even comparable to UEI (you've had UEI from the source right?) or other more traditional full agonist opioids. At 200mgs I could feel slight nausea and I'd be surprised if that doesn't just get worse with higher doses... Oh and thanks, it's hard out here for a mod pimp %)

Last edited:
I've also tucked this one away as a 'tool' as it feels rather toxic if such a feeling ever existed.

^ I got that feeling as well, no abdominal pain but I would get this weird light headed sensation whenever I stood up and it had this overall slight unhealthy feeling. It reminded me of a much toned down version of what happens to me on the immediate comedown of MDMA. Not that it was this attrocious overstimulating depressing hell like an MDMA comedown, but it just had a few minor, much milder side-effects that I associate with a frazzed brain caused by too many serotonin releasers.

First off let me say that tianeptine is an amazing drug when used therapeutically, nothing else has worked so quickly and effectively for my anxiety/depression. I'm definitely a fan. But it is NOT recreational, sure it can be, but there are much better options out there in terms of cost per dose, depth of effect, and duration.

When I first started using tianeptine I rapidly escalated the doses chasing the acute "high", but quickly realized it wasn't worth it. I'm pretty sure there were days when I took 400-500mg total, such a waste. I started noticing weird digestive issues, as if food wasn't moving out of my stomach, plus transient but intense episodes of nausea. Consider this: serotonin and opioid receptors are highly expressed in the gut, and tianeptine affects both systems.

After taking a break from my heavy use, I've come back to it, but more sensibly. I now take ~50-100mg daily in divided doses, and it still works great! I still notice acute anxiolysis, not a buzz per se, but a nice background feeling. I've been more stable and capable than I've been in years thanks to this very unique and under appreciated drug. If you try to use this recreationally, you will just ruin it for yourself, and eventually others. If enough people abuse it, it will certainly become scheduled. It's not even prescribed in the US, so they'd probably banish it to Schedule I without a second thought.

So far my highest and most recent dabbling was that 200mg rectal dose from post #22. I also added a full dose of kratom a couple hours into the experience. At 200mgs alone I'd personally rather have kratom. The high lacked depth and was probably on par with 10mgs hydro, it was enjoyable but subtle. After adding a full dose of kratom I got to a better place but I still couldn't help but feel something was missing. (This was just my experience and nobody should expect it to be so subtle at that dose. Start low and work up!)

Even with the kratom it was like having every other component to an opioid high and more, but still, the euphoria was not up to par for a kratom/opioid combo. Prior to this I have two other doses up my belt, 100mgs a few years back and 150mgs a few days prior to my rectal experiment, both yielded very little (the 100mg dose didn't even feel opioid to me).

I may try upping the dose a bit once or twice before judging it's full potential but I plan on keeping this stuff tucked away as a tool rather than a recreational substance. Still though, I doubt I'll ever reach a level where it's even comparable to UEI (you've had UEI from the source right?) or other more traditional full agonist opioids. At 200mgs I could feel slight nausea and I'd be surprised if that doesn't just get worse with higher doses... Oh and thanks, it's hard out here for a mod pimp %)

I have never used more than 200mgs oral which produces a heavy nod if I am already tired. I didn't mean to say it is recreational, just that it can produce strong efeects ime. I have indeed the used one "true" UEI a few times(40grams to be exact) and this is may not be as recreational but can just as potent. I agree about the toxic feeling and plan to shelf it as soon as possible.

Sadly that hasn't been my experience. Definitely more potent by weight but not even close in effect. I can get some heroin like nods from high doses of UEI. Tianeptine felt weaker and provided less euphoria than even tramadol... perhaps I'm just a poor metabolizer. Both sources I used were very reputable though, the second is probably from the same place most people are now getting their tianeptine from.

Also guys from the research I have read on Tianeptine its not toxic unless you take over 7000mg . Here is some good info on it Here , and Here .

Please guys Lets try and keep this on the down lo, And if I have to I would even be willing to delete all my post to keep this from going the way kratom is with the FDA . I dont want little teenage ass kids getting there hands on this and oding because they don't respect drugs. Especially Opiates .

Dude IDK where you get your tianeptine , but it is SH** tianeptine apparently or not tianeptine at all or cut with something. 300mg tianeptine is on par with 60mg Oxy instant release with 400mg close to 100mg Oxy. I used to buy 500 Grams of kratom ever month , but not anymore. I get 120 30mg roxies a month , and if I am liking the tianeptine better theres surely something there. I can not tell you how many friends I got and friends of friends that are loving tianeptine . With my best friend shooting it saying its better then smack . If you like the Depersonalisation effacts kratom causes in high doses then by all means thats your thing , but if you like a clean high with some strong euphoria close to Oxy or better to me then this tianeptine I get you will love .

If I was you I would get your tianeptine sent off to make sure it really is tianeptine .

First off let me say that tianeptine is an amazing drug when used therapeutically, nothing else has worked so quickly and effectively for my anxiety/depression. I'm definitely a fan. But it is NOT recreational, sure it can be, but there are much better options out there in terms of cost per dose, depth of effect, and duration.

When I first started using tianeptine I rapidly escalated the doses chasing the acute "high", but quickly realized it wasn't worth it. I'm pretty sure there were days when I took 400-500mg total, such a waste. I started noticing weird digestive issues, as if food wasn't moving out of my stomach, plus transient but intense episodes of nausea. Consider this: serotonin and opioid receptors are highly expressed in the gut, and tianeptine affects both systems.

After taking a break from my heavy use, I've come back to it, but more sensibly. I now take ~50-100mg daily in divided doses, and it still works great! I still notice acute anxiolysis, not a buzz per se, but a nice background feeling. I've been more stable and capable than I've been in years thanks to this very unique and under appreciated drug. If you try to use this recreationally, you will just ruin it for yourself, and eventually others. If enough people abuse it, it will certainly become scheduled. It's not even prescribed in the US, so they'd probably banish it to Schedule I without a second thought.

The digestive issues you had there are common with all opiates . With the Oxycodone, and Hydromorphone I take I sometimes don't shit for weeks . Same goes for tianeptine . I get no more nausea with Tianeptine then I do with 100+mg Oxy . In fact I get less . But I agree with everything else you said 100% brother especially the banish it to Schedule I without a second thought ;because we know our gov they truly don't give a flying F about anyone but there selfs , and there wallet .

Like I was saying above I am willing to delete all my post on this , and other threads to save this substance from going the way kratom is. I will delete all my post if this thread starts getting crazy with a bunch of teens on here talking about it .

^I also want to keep this on the downlow but for the sake of HR we need to share our experiences. Forgive me as I only was able to skim your post but 350mgs is a huge dose ime. 200mgs is almost too much for me, 150mgs is ideal for a buzz, and 100mgs to feel normal. I was only able to skim your sources but I didn't see much on taking large amounts on a daily basis while a lot of people have been taking kratom for years without many problems.

TBH dude if 200 mg gives you a heavy nod then your tolerance is very low to opiates , but to be fair I have a very very high tolerance with the Hydromorphone I take for break through , and the 5 30mg IR tabs of Oxycodone I am supposed to take a day for all day pain relief . I am to the point where I have stopped Oxy almost alltogether , and am using tianeptine for my pain relief . Works very well . I am not trying to catch a nod every time with tianeptine . Only every now and then ,but I am mainly using it for real pain issues I have had for years now.

Last edited:
Yeah I forgot to take your tolerance into consideration. I'm glad to hear it helps with your pain, my tolerance is ~2-4mg of insufflated bupe or ~60mg of oxy a couple times a year with daily doses of kratom in between.

Last edited:
Yeah I forgot to take your tolerance into consideration. I'm glad to hear it helps with your pain, my tolerance is ~2-4mg of insufflated bupe or ~60mg of oxy a couple times a year with daily doses of kratom in between. The only time I really nod is when using it after work or with a small amount of bzps. Still 200mgs feels like bit much and has me dozing off on its own.

Tianeptine is a very good substance . I just hope it does not go the way kratom is going . On the other hand though I can not touch Buprenorphine. Last time I touched it it put me in the worst withdrawals I have ever been in. My friends snort it once in a while , and like it , but I don't . :/ I get methadone once in a while from my friend , and I love it though .

BTW I cleaned all my post up on this thread. :)

Sorry my tianeptine is not "shit", tianeptine is pretty shit (as a recreational opioid, IMO). My tianeptine is from one of the current most reputable vendors still in business atm. This is the vendor that ships their orders in nice round containers equipped with measuring spoons if that's a big enough hint, not to mention the first time I took tianeptine it was pharmaceutical grade... Stop making assumptions because your experience differs from mine, you sound foolish.

I've never experienced depersonalization from kratom and IME it feels a thousand times healthier, but unlike you I accept that everyone is different so I wouldn't tell you to get your kratom tested and insist it was "shit". You can find many people who also consider tianeptine to be less recreational than your making it out to be, so just stop it... Do you really think your in the majority when you say tianeptine is better than heroin or oxy? Because your not.

Ps. I'd tell your friend if he still wants his veins he should stick to heroin, or at least change up the ROA.

Yaaa, I would definitely remove the comments comparing it to heroin - no need to create media buzz fodder, nor do we want to promote the IV use of this stuff...

Sorry my tianeptine is not "shit", tianeptine is pretty shit (as a recreational opioid, IMO). My tianeptine is from one of the current most reputable vendors still in business atm. This is the vendor that ships their orders in nice round containers equipped with measuring spoons if that's a big enough hint, not to mention the first time I took tianeptine it was pharmaceutical grade... Stop making assumptions because your experience differs from mine, you sound foolish.

I've never experienced depersonalization from kratom and IME it feels a thousand times healthier, but unlike you I accept that everyone is different so I wouldn't tell you to get your kratom tested and insist it was "shit". You can find many people who also consider tianeptine to be less recreational than your making it out to be, so just stop it... Do you really think your in the majority when you say tianeptine is better than heroin or oxy? Because your not.

Ps. I'd tell your friend if he still wants his veins he should stick to heroin, or at least change up the ROA.

Yeah your right like you said everyone is different . But I know what a opiate is , and with my past of 5-6 bags of herion a day all the way to now the 120 30mg roxies , and 90 8mg dilaudid I get a month I have had my fair share of opiates . So if I say I like tianeptine better then oxy in the 300+ mg range thats me , and not everyone else . Also if I know heroin addicts to this day choosing tianeptine over heroin in the vein then that also tells me something. I have not see one person in my life actual person I know that would choose kratom over heroin .

I am not dogging kratom in fact it helped me get clean of heroin , and was supposed to help me get clean from Oxy , but I could not give up the free 120 roxies a month .I like kratom still , but the high is way to scattered for me to keep taking it . 20 Grams one day I am high as a kite 20G the next day don't even know I took it . Kratom will still be a good choice for me if I decide to get clean of opiates again in the future though. The kratom I get is from one of the best , and most known vendor's in the game . So strong stuff no doubt . It can easily give my wife a nod at 5 Grams while I am looking at her likes shes crazy ;because I wish that amount would do that to me I hate taking 20+ pills of kratom . Also I don't think I am in the majority , but I do know a good handful of real life folks that take it and love it , and all started with the pharmaceutical grade .

I would like to know what you really mean when you say tianeptine feels toxic though ;because there has been many many many times I took 20 Grams of kratom , and got the shakes very bad with the weak feeling , and just feeling like total shit like I was having some kind of serotonin syndrome symptoms on the come up just to get to that opiate like state a hour later that I know and love . I have taken 450mg of tianeptine at once , and never felt anything like I have on kratom other then some nausea , but thats to be expected .

Sorry I came on as a dick man. That was a dick move on my part , and also I get my tianeptine from the same place so this just goes to show even more so that everyone is different . :/

Last edited:
^I admittedly knwo next to nothing when it comes to IV use but I would be very wary when it comes to injecting a chemical that starts gum/gels up when it hits the air but to be fair I don't know much about IV use except the basics. I suppose if you can get it through a micron filter you should be ok right? I hope so anyways :( I am thinking about deleting this thread tomorrow and let a mod make a new cleaned up version. I was on the fence about making it but decided I should share my bittersweet experience. Educating potentional users and alerting the media are almost one and the same anymore(imo anyways).

Last edited:
Ok I will post that last night I had to go without ;because I was out , and I am waiting on the 50 grams that should be here tomorrow with the free 2 day shipping. The withdrawals are pretty bad I did not sleep the whole night I have cold sweats with shivers ,running nose watery eyes , I can not stop yawning extreme RLS all night I was flipping all around the bed all night. I finely decided to take a few 30mg roxies to ease or lets say stop the withdrawals ,but good thing I know what the withdrawals are like now . So the withdrawals are on par with oxycodone and hydromorphone to me . Good thing I will have my stuff tomorrow . Can not wait.

^I admittedly knwo next to nothing when it comes to IV use but I would be very wary when it comes to injecting a chemical that starts gum/gels up when it hits the air but to be fair I don't know much about IV use except the basics. I suppose if you can get it through a micron filter you should be ok right? I hope so anyways :( I am thinking about deleting this thread tomorrow and let a mod make a new cleaned up version. I was on the fence about making it but decided I should share my bittersweet experience. Educating potentional users and alerting the media are almost one and the same anymore(imo anyways).

I would not mind this thread just being deleted as well man. I know things I have said may alert the media ,but I was just being truthful because I don't lie , and I am a truthful person . So if deleting this thread will keep the media from getting all over this i am all for it .