• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Dihydromorphine ....

For dihydromorphine, one could simply obtain dihydrocodeine, prepare, in glacial acetic acid, a 30% solution of anhydrous hydrogen bromide.

Reflux under nitrogen or argon for 2 hours, 90-100 'C, wash the salt after final filtration; (tartrate, citrate, ascorbate (vitamin C salt) or hydrochloride would do fine, and this will convert it to 6-monoacetoxydihydromorphine, a blast in its own right, and a HELL of an opioid. Never had dihydromorphine itself yet although soon...can't wait=D but simple basic hydrolysis and reextraction would cleave the ester bond.

Starting with the free base of DHC, 1g DHC base per 2ml 30% HBr in GAA, temp. 80 'C.

Then one adds methanol, to form methyl acetate to strip the GAA as something lower boiling, then just transfer to a filter paper on a Buchner funnel (the salt form) and wash wish something like pentane, heptane or similar, clean naphtha solvents. Pentane is ideal because its really low boiling, and evaporates rapidly.

Result is about 95% yield of 6-monoacetyldihydromorphine, this if you wanted, although it would lose potency, could have the ester cleaved by dripping it into hot, not too concentrated sodium hydroxide (caustic soda) solution and then re-extracting with dichloromethane, chloroform, or perhaps pentane. Haloalkanes make great solvents for this type of drug.

Although 6-AcO-DHM is one of the most impressive I've ever tried. Doing it in anhydrous propionic acid rather than GAA, ought to give the propionate ester rather than acetyl ester, which if dipropionylmorphine (a favourite opioid of mine actually) is anything to go on in my experiments with various morphine esters plus 6-AcO-dihydromorphine, the propionyl group seemed to be a huge 'sweet spot' for ester carbon chain lengths, potency increases from morphine or dihydromorphine when the acety esters are used, dipropionylmorphine is superior in euphorigenic activity to H or morphine, it lasts at least 15 hours or so a shot, and one can only presume, given the astonishing effects of 6-AcO-dihydromorphine, that if this too were to have that ester carbon chain elongated from C2 (ethyl radical, giving rise to the acetyl carboxylic group) to C3 (propane, 3-carbon radical) as the propionic ester, it too ought to hit a sweet spot and be quite the special opioid.

I haven't yet tried either DHM itself, nor 6-monopropionyldihydromorphine, but have done with 6-monoacetyldihydromorphine and dipropionylmorphine, plus plenty other morphine esters, but with a little glassware bought and some very basic chemicals, it can be done easily enough

As for the esters, doing it in glacial propionic acid